bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 30th Jan 2008, 08:26   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Futuremark to dabble with games development

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/01..._development/1

Futuremark, creator of 3DMark and PCMark, has announced the formation of the Futuremark Games Studio.

Old 30th Jan 2008, 08:35   #2
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
im sorry but the magic of the mark series died when they stopped calling themselves mad onion and became corperate whores.
Gunsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jan 2008, 09:12   #3
outlawaol
Geeked since 1982

outlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysis
"Futuremark, making your brand spanking new computer look like a POS since 1998"

Hey, they should band together with crytek!
Old 30th Jan 2008, 09:18   #4
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I think that they are going to discover that making good games is a lot harder than making cool short videos that trash people's systems. At best, they'll create another Doom3, looks great, plays like crap.
Old 30th Jan 2008, 10:05   #5
HourBeforeDawn
a.k.a KazeModz

HourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the DremelHourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I dont know, I am hoping that they make that Wings of Fury benchmark into a game, that one looked like it would be great to play.
• DimasTech Test Bench • Black ICE Triple 120 Rad • Dual Bay Res/Pump • DD Fill Port & Res • D-Tek FuZion 2 CPU Block • ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe Mobo • AMD Phenom II 3ghz @ 4ghz • 8gb DDR2-1100 Memory • (2) AMD 6870 XFire • (2) WD Black 640gb Raid 0 • (2) 1.5TB SEAGATE • Blu-Ray/HD DVD Drive • ASUS XONAR DX2 • 30" DOUBLESIGHT LCD • (2) 23" ASUS LCD • ZALMAN 8 FAN CONTROLLER • (4) NOCTUA P12 • (2) NOCTUA P14 • 1000W ZALMAN PSU • WINDOWS 7 PRO 64 •
HourBeforeDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jan 2008, 10:24   #6
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthippo
Doom3, looks great, plays like crap.
Doom3 was a classic, it was like 1993 all over again but with pretty graphics and the ability to look up
Gunsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jan 2008, 11:33   #7
DXR_13KE
Madeira's banana is the best!!!

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
maybe they will get it right....
Old 30th Jan 2008, 11:38   #8
Cupboard
I'm not a modder.

Cupboard has yet to learn the way of the DremelCupboard has yet to learn the way of the DremelCupboard has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Not the first time they will have made a game, Ice Storm Fighters was pretty fun (for about 5 minutes)

I can't actually find a download link to it anywhere though

edit: woo! got it thanks badders, I was trying to use the link or the embed link (2 attempts)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqmVG47zgvU

Last edited by Cupboard; 30th Jan 2008 at 12:43.
Cupboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jan 2008, 11:51   #9
badders
Neuken in de Keuken

badders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupboard
Not the first time they will have made a game, Ice Storm Fighters was pretty fun (for about 5 minutes)
...snip...
I can't actually find a download link to it anywhere though

edit: ok, I can't work out the youtube box but here is the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqmVG47zgvU
um:
?

Just put the ID between the tags.
badders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jan 2008, 14:24   #10
Redbeaver
The Other Red Meat

Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawaol
"Futuremark, making your brand spanking new computer look like a POS since 1998"

Hey, they should band together with crytek!
QFT

good call. luv to see it still tho.
ASUS Z97i-Plus - 4670K - 8GB DDR3 - Zotac GTX 970 - Crucial MX100 256GB - Corsair 250D [Modded]
www.pecelayam.com
Redbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jan 2008, 07:58   #11
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I remember there was a demo in an old futuremark that you could play. It was in a truck with a missile launcher on the back.
Old 31st Jan 2008, 23:18   #12
leexgx
CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

leexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
all so 3dmark 36 is no longer an compleate 3D mark now its an 3d/PC mark as the CPU can make the total score go up (why i allways ask for the SM2 and SM3 scores as total score is now meaningless now due to Quad cores )

hopefully thay not make the next 3dmark an 3d/PCmark (08/09?) and Not vista only
i7-920 (4Ghz) <> Titian ferna <> Rampage extreme III<> GTX480 <> 6gb 3x2gb OCZ Gold 1600 <> SSD M225 256gb / segate .11 1.5TB <> X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty <> TK 1000w Toughpower <win7 x64> GreenFrog Computers Warrington
leexgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jan 2008, 23:30   #13
Bungle
Rainbow Warrior

Bungle has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"Futuremark says that the new studio’s mission is to build world class games “that bring new and entertaining game play to gamers.” It also claimed that the games and their engines will deliver stellar performance—regardless of whether you’ve got a bleeding edge system, or something that’s a little more modest by today’s standards." Ah they seek to quest for the elusive Holy grail of game design.
/starts knocking me coconuts together.