bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 4th Feb 2008, 11:25   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Ben Heck unveils Xbox 360 Elite Laptop

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/02...elite_laptop/1

Console modder Ben Heck has revealed his latest masterpiece; an Xbox 360 Elite laptop, with a full how-to guide.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2008, 12:10   #2
cjoyce1980
Supermodder

cjoyce1980 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
only if microsoft would release this............ then sony would be screwed.
cjoyce1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2008, 12:17   #3
sandys
Mod Master

sandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for president
can't get on his site, does it have a PC inside too or is it just a 360, if its just a 360 it has limited use as a portable machine as all it could do is play games.
sandys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2008, 13:31   #4
TTmodder
Hammertime

TTmodder has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Can΄t acces the side either, but i΄ve seen some of the older revisions based on the ordinary xbox 360, and no there΄s no computer inside.
TTmodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2008, 13:40   #5
TreeDude
Supermodder

TreeDude has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandys
can't get on his site, does it have a PC inside too or is it just a 360, if its just a 360 it has limited use as a portable machine as all it could do is play games.
It is just a 360. There is no way you could fit a PC in there as well. Not to mention twice the heat would be generated.

Not sure if it was Ben, but I saw an Xbox360 laptop before the Elite came out that was different from this one. Though this one looks a lot better.
TreeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2008, 16:53   #6
FR34K
Multimodder

FR34K has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
he's made 3; an Xbox Laptop, Xbox 360 Laptop, and now this Xbox 360 Elite Laptop

I think the site may be currently down...I can't get on it either. really wanna see the work log on this sucker.

edit: it's back online...

also... I think I prefer the original Xbox 360 Laptop(the white one before this)...it looked better IMO, and it was freakin liquid cooled.

Last edited by FR34K; 4th Feb 2008 at 17:10. Reason: site's back
FR34K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2008, 17:19   #7
sandys
Mod Master

sandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for president
Still can't load his site, I didn't know if perhaps there was a nanoITX in there or something, laptops are generally poor and not upgradeable so something that you could use as a games machine and a web/office machine would be pretty cool, problem with most gaming laptops is the graphical juice is never enough in the end and they aren't really upgradeable.

I guess the same thing could be done with a PS3 in the future once a slimline variant comes out, then you could also run Linux on it.
sandys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2008, 18:23   #8
rowin4kicks
a man walked into a bar ...

rowin4kicks should be considered for presidentrowin4kicks should be considered for presidentrowin4kicks should be considered for presidentrowin4kicks should be considered for presidentrowin4kicks should be considered for presidentrowin4kicks should be considered for presidentrowin4kicks should be considered for presidentrowin4kicks should be considered for presidentrowin4kicks should be considered for presidentrowin4kicks should be considered for presidentrowin4kicks should be considered for president
The ps3 runs much hotter than the xbox 360 does and has some hardcore cooling inside that has been designed to just about fit into that space let alone something smaller so i guess you will have to wait for the ps3 slim lol

i agree the white xbox laptop does look much better!

does any1 know if that is a hd screen, (ie a computer monitor?)?
Old 4th Feb 2008, 19:20   #9
HourBeforeDawn
a.k.a KazeModz

HourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the DremelHourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
ya the xbox 360 "laptop" mod has already been done but this certainly looks a lot cleaner.
• DimasTech Test Bench • Black ICE Triple 120 Rad • Dual Bay Res/Pump • DD Fill Port & Res • D-Tek FuZion 2 CPU Block • ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe Mobo • AMD Phenom II 3ghz @ 4ghz • 8gb DDR2-1100 Memory • (2) AMD 6870 XFire • (2) WD Black 640gb Raid 0 • (2) 1.5TB SEAGATE • Blu-Ray/HD DVD Drive • ASUS XONAR DX2 • 30" DOUBLESIGHT LCD • (2) 23" ASUS LCD • ZALMAN 8 FAN CONTROLLER • (4) NOCTUA P12 • (2) NOCTUA P14 • 1000W ZALMAN PSU • WINDOWS 7 PRO 64 •
HourBeforeDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2008, 20:13   #10
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
so now you can plug in a mouse and play Halo 3?? ace!

mouse > controller
Old 4th Feb 2008, 21:38   #11
rhuitron
Bump? What Bump?

rhuitron has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
And they say Computers only rule 14% of the gaming market!

Bah! I tell you! Bah!
Old 5th Feb 2008, 07:54   #12
bigniall
Minimodder

bigniall has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Can't get on the site but has he integated a PSU or do you stil have to carry about the extra 'brick' to get it working - kind of defeats the portability aspects if he hasn't.
bigniall is offline   Reply With Quote