1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Activision confirms Call of Duty 5

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 11 Feb 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

It really needs to be Infinity Ward

3. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I have played about 5 missions of COD4 until my bro game along and stole my 800GTX and COD4 game a week before newyear. I did not mind then because i was to busy getting fireworks and other stuff. Last month i worked my socks off, so did not have time anyway. But now that i'm reading this it is time to to steal both back soon...

4. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

No Infinity Ward, no point

5. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

I'd rather see an expansion pack from Infinity Ward for COD 4 with extra single player missions and some additional multiplayer content/maps.

6. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Agreed. COD 2 is what got me into COD, and i hope Infinity Ward get the contract. COD3 was shocking.

Sam

7. Whalemeister

Whalemeister is so hot right now!

How is this news?? The Call of Duty series is one of the most successful gaming franchises, so announcing that "yes there will be more" is about as surprising to me as someone saying that "tomorrow morning the sun will rise".

The publisher is doing what any publisher would do and that is MILK IT TILL THE T*TS SQUEEK!! They are going to try and keep the costs down by giving it to a lesser developer, (Sorry Treyarch but I mean did COD3 even make it onto PC?) and to, as Michael J Griffith so succinctly put it "continue to capitalise on the strength and momentum created by this year’s blockbuster launch of Call of Duty 4".

Ain't nothing new about this story, the exact same thing happened with practically every rendition of COD, Infinity put in the hard work releasing an excellent game and then Grey Matter and / or Treyarch release a poor expansion or console only sequel.

Sorry to rant people but it's a Monday and I'm in a negative mood ;)

8. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

All I hope to see is the same game logistics and theme carried over and a *fully* destructable environement.

9. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Aah.. thats what i missed in the cod4 specs, the FULLY part. Specs says: "Destructable environment" but it really was partial destructable environment ;)

10. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Infinity ward: produce the good ones in the series
    Treyarch: produce the bad ones in the series

Lets hope that either Treyarch pull their socks up, or Infinity Ward take over. It also seems a bit silly porting it over soo many platforms - that does not bode well for a high quality game as too much time will be spent porting it, and not enough making the game cracking.

The only thing that I would improve over the current one would be destuctable environments, its a bits silly currenly being able to blow cars up but not fences etc.

11. stoobs

stoobs a multi tool

Oh no

Well all i can say is if it aint infinty ward then they can p*** right off COD3 didn't even deserve the name it sucked that bad seriously its IW that make this game so fantastic that it's sacrilage if any other devoloper :wallbash:does it

12. speak_easy

speak_easy What's a Dremel?

I can know that it isn't IW.

13. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

I'd rather it was Infinity Ward as well, CoD1&2 were wonderful and the UO expansion for CoD1 was pretty damn good too, even if it was a bit frantic at times. I haven't tried CoD3 as its a console only but I seem to remember the TV ads were pretty cinematic to look at, although that counts for nothing, sadly I haven't gotten around to CoD4 yet but I'll get to it.

I did hear an unconfirmed rumor that CoD5 was to be set in WW2 Pacific, I hope they do a better job than Pacific Assault.

PS Didn't most of the Infinty Ward team originate from the developers of the first Medal of Honour game, back when it actually was good? This would probably explain why CoD1 was so brilliant and the MoH series started to decline.

Tags: Add Tags