bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 20th Feb 2008, 09:06   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Penumbra: Black Plague

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2008/...black_plague/1

The Penumbra series gained fame as an accomplished indie effort, but has grown into a professional game of astonishing depth and detail. Now, as the series draws to a close in this final mini-epic, we take a look at Black Plague and see if it can go out with a bang.

Old 20th Feb 2008, 10:30   #2
yakyb
i hate the person above me

yakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysis
so you have overture as episode one and black plague is the 2nd?

ilol pick this one up i think been on the lookout for something new
Old 20th Feb 2008, 10:31   #3
yakyb
i hate the person above me

yakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysis
oops double post
Old 20th Feb 2008, 10:43   #4
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Correct - Overture is ep 1 and this is ep 2. They are both completely playable on their own though and utterly self-contained. Personally, I prefer the latter one and would suggest you play that.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2008, 10:54   #5
adamc
Modder

adamc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
sounds like a fairly neat game. Since i can no longer trust ign nor gamespot I'll go by your review Joe :P
adamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2008, 11:50   #6
will.
A motorbike of jealousy!

will. has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwill. has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It looks like the source engine.

Once I'm bored of COD4 I'll have a look at this

Check out my Last.FM & iToggle & Nav-o-Matic jQuery plugins.
will. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2008, 12:04   #7
p3n
Hypermodder

p3n has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
if thats the source engine then the level/art designers made an absolutely giant cock up
p3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2008, 12:23   #8
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
It's not source engine. It's a custom built engine the designers built at university. The physics don't run on Havok or Ageia either, they use the free and open source Newton Physics Library. Because the engine was created at Uni and because they were hippy students at the time it also means the game is good for porting to Linux. The original is already available on Mac and Linux and this version should be ported very soon.

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 20th Feb 2008, 18:39   #9
Sparrowhawk
Wetsander

Sparrowhawk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hunting for Bromine?
God I wish I could figure out how to run System Shock on this box.
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2008, 01:27   #10
CanadianViking
Beast from the North

CanadianViking has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The thing that amazes me the most is the fact that they only have a two man team. That alone shows their dedication.

I might have to check this game out when I get my new PC. Sounds quite interesting.
CanadianViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2008, 05:36   #11
Woodstock
So Say We All

Woodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming Saiyan
think i will download the linux version at some point, anyone have any idea how my x1700 mobility would run it?
Old 21st Feb 2008, 08:57   #12
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

Try the tech demo I point to in the review - 100 or so meg and the performance is identical.

www.joemartinwords.com