bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 21st Feb 2008, 07:55   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Microsoft designs creepy life-spy

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/02...epy_life-spy/1

Microsoft has entered Momenta into the NextGen PC Design Competition, and it's a pretty creepy device designed to record every exciting moment of your life.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2008, 08:22   #2
mmorgue
Supermodder

mmorgue has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Naw, too primitive, too basic, too 'on/off'. If it's merely recording the [visual] moments which induce elevated heart rate then it could be anything or nothing. If you were bricklayer then a nicely formed wall might get you going, if you're a priest then any boys walking down the street, if you suffer from stress then probably anything.

Now, if we're talking something along the lines of Strange Days... that might be cool.
mmorgue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2008, 09:01   #3
Delphium
Eyefinity enabled

Delphium has yet to learn the way of the DremelDelphium has yet to learn the way of the DremelDelphium has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Most disturbing
Delphium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2008, 09:39   #4
DXR_13KE
Madeira's banana is the best!!!

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
remembered me of this: http://sales.starcitygames.com/cards...=Jinxed+Choker
Old 21st Feb 2008, 10:09   #5
_DTM2000_
Senior Super Douche

_DTM2000_ has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thats just pointless and creepy.

Note to MS: Stop wasting your money on crap like this and concentrate on making Windows faster and more secure.
_DTM2000_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2008, 11:28   #6
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Reminds me of the exploding deadlock devices from the movie Deadlock with Rutger Hauer.

So if you wear this Microsoft 'device' and you want to escape the Microsoft campus your head will explode!
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2008, 11:42   #7
chicorasia
Multimodder

chicorasia has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
How long before every "democratic" government out there makes it mandatory?

FOR YOUR PROTECION, of course....
chicorasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2008, 12:17   #8
VictorianBloke
Multimodder

VictorianBloke has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
^^ and include some form of Wifi device so they can watch our every move, reminiscent of 1984
Old 21st Feb 2008, 12:26   #9
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Are they gonna throw us on some island next and make us fight to the death?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2008, 12:57   #10
naokaji
whatever

naokaji has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorianBloke View Post
reminiscent of 1984
maybe someone should tell them that 1984 was not intended as a guide....

Quote:
Opportunity is like delivery by DHL, it does not come to you, you have to track it down and chase it
naokaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2008, 13:00   #11
LeMaltor
>^_^<

LeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That looks extremely helpful tbh I want one
Old 21st Feb 2008, 13:16   #12
Angleus
Hypermodder

Angleus has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veles View Post
Are they gonna throw us on some island next and make us fight to the death?
lol the whole thing is obviously inspired by battle royale
Angleus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2008, 13:35   #13
proxess
Hypermodder

proxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for president
Then they'll put Windows Advantage Notification thingy on it, so everytime you look at a nice ass, you get a popup in the corner of your eye saying "Please grade this bottom[*][*][*][][]".
Ubuntu #8076 / Linux #429448
proxess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2008, 13:53   #14
Delphium
Eyefinity enabled

Delphium has yet to learn the way of the DremelDelphium has yet to learn the way of the DremelDelphium has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by [USRF]Obiwan View Post
So if you wear this Microsoft 'device' and you want to escape the Microsoft campus your head will explode!
To escape?! as if selling ones sole to get into the devils lair was not enough.
Delphium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2008, 14:22   #15
Redbeaver
The Other Red Meat

Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
lol

now that IS funny....
ASUS Z97i-Plus - 4670K - 8GB DDR3 - Zotac GTX 970 - Crucial MX100 256GB - Corsair 250D [Modded]
www.pecelayam.com
Redbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2008, 16:08   #16
docodine
killed a guy once

docodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for president
This is kinda boring compared to some of the other entries on their website. Look at the Illusion PC, and the Napkin PC. I didn't think that they would have an actual case mod on there. :P
docodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2008, 18:35   #17
pendragon
I pickle they

pendragon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
hahaha.. the opportunities for hilarity with this are endless
pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2008, 19:30   #18
Arkanrais
Supermodder

Arkanrais has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'd get one if it had a switch instead of being heart rate activated. many times I have had my heat "jump" when handling hardware (like almost dropping a new harddrive that cost me $170, or almost pushing over my chest of drawers that has both my monitors and a lot of other junk on it), not to mention that ever time I get low blood sugar (diabetic) my heart rate shoots up (not fussed on videos of myself shoveling sugary foods down my gob from the insane amounts of insulin I take).

this could be useful as an unobtrusive cheap-ish video camera that you don't have to constantly hold onto, which could be useful for many things (including a 3am trip to my favorite abandoned mental hospital/small village)
Arkanrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Feb 2008, 13:04   #19
cowtc
Minimodder

cowtc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"Looking worryingly like an explosive collar from The Running Man"

Did you mean like the devices the students wore in Battle Royale? Now that was a quality film
cowtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Feb 2008, 01:31   #20
The_Beast
I like wood ಠ_ಠ

The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
that is really creepy

*chills down neck*
- i7 3770k - MSI Z77A-GD65 - EVGA GTX 570 - 8Gb G.Skill Sniper (1.25v) - Fractal R3 Black - Corsair H50 - Corsair 750HX - Samsung 830 128Gb SSD - 6 Samsung F4EG 2TB - 2 WD Black 1TB - 2 WD Black 750GB - Dell UltraSharp U2410 - WASD V1 Custom - IBM Model M SSK - KBC Poker (Ergo-Clears) - Logitech Mx518 & G500 - Audio Technica AD700 - Logitech Z4 - Windows 7 Pro -
The_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote