1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Palit announces GeForce 9600 GT Sonic - Supports Four Display Outputs!

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Tim S, 21 Feb 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

Palit Microsystems, leading graphics card manufacturer, today announces another dreams-come-true graphics solution, Palit GeForce™ 9600GT Sonic. This future-ready 3D graphics solution, is the world’s first graphics card to simultaneously support DisplayPort, HDMI, and two Dual-Link DVI display outputs.

As the world’s first graphics solution supporting four display outputs, Palit GeForce™ 9600GT Sonic provides users with the best quality and most flexible visual experience. The new advanced DisplayPort output supports a maximum of 10.8 Gbit/s data rate and display resolutions up to 2560×1600; high-definition video is supported with the HDMI output. Palit maintains dual Dual-Link DVI outputs on GeForce™ 9600GT Sonic, further extends the usability of this graphics card.

The 3-Phase Power Supply System provided by the Palit GeForce 9600GT Sonic ensures a cooler and more stable power distribution system than standard 2-phase power supply systems; the graphics card stays at a lower operating temperatures lengthening the life of the graphics card and enabling better overclocking.

Palit’s revolutionary cooling system on the GeForce 9600GT Sonic combines the effective cooling of a fan and the silence of a heatsink allowing the GPU to operate at low sound levels and lower temperatures ensuring a longer life and a nearly silent working / gaming environment.

Continuing the Sonic brand’s reputation for overclocked performance Palit GeForce™ 9600GT Sonic features a 700MHz core speed, 64 units streams processors with 1750MHz shader clock and high capacity 512MB 256bit 2000MHz GDDR3 memory. It supports NVIDIA’s® SLI™ Technology, along with the latest PCI-Express 2.0 platform and Microsoft DirectX 10 Shader Model 4.0 technology delivering an incredible gaming experience.

Features
    • DisplayPort: The advanced DisplayPort output is the future connector standard; it is the state-of-the-art digital audio/video interconnect supports a maximum of 10.8 Gbit/s data rate and 2560×1600 resolution.
    • NVIDIA® unified architecture: Fully unified shader core dynamically allocates processing power to geometry, vertex, physics, or pixel shading operations, delivering up to 2x the gaming performance of prior generation GPUs.
    • Full Microsoft® DirectX® 10 Support: World’s first DirectX 10 GPU with full Shader Model 4.0 support delivers unparalleled levels of graphics realism and film-quality effects.
    • NVIDIA® SLI™ Technology: Delivers up to 2x the performance of a single graphics card configuration for unequaled gaming experiences by allowing two cards to run in parallel. The must-have feature for performance PCI Express® graphics, SLI technology dramatically scales performance on today’s hottest games.
    • PCI Express 2.0 Support: Designed to sun perfectly with the new PCI Express 2.0 bus architecture, offering a future-proofing bridge to tomorrow’s most bandwidth-hungry games and 3D applications by maximizing the 5GT/s PCI Express 2.0 bandwidth.
    • 128-bit floating point High Dynamic-Range (HDR): Twice the precision of prior generations for incredibly realistic lighting effects—now with support for anti-aliasing.
    • Dual Dual-link DVI Support: Able to drive the industries largest and highest resolution flat-panel displays up to 2560 x 1600.
    • Built for Microsoft® Windows Vista™ NVIDIA’s fourth-generation GPU architecture built for Windows Vista™ gives users the best possible experience with the Windows Aero 3D graphical user interface, included in the new operating system (OS) from Microsoft.
    • NVIDIA® PureVideo™ HD Technology The combination of high-definition video decode acceleration and post-processing that delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color, and precise image scaling for movies and video.
    • HDCP Capable Design to meet the output protection management (HDCP) and security specification of the Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD formats, allowing the playback of encrypted movie content on PCs when connected to HDCP-compliant displays.
    • HDMI Function Support: HDMI with optical SPDIF cable

About Palit
    Established in 1988, Palit Microsystems (H.K.) Limited is well-known for manufacturing stable, excellent, and innovative graphics accelerators and motherboards. As one of the top PC components manufacturers, Palit continues to provide industry-leading graphics cards and motherboards with reliable, excellent quality to the world. With headquarters in Hong Kong, factories in Mainland China, and branch offices in Germany and Taipei, Palit has developed worldwide sales network which cooperates closely with our customers.

Palit is well positioned to maintain an industry leadership due to the vast array of ATi and NVIDIA products and on-going development efforts. Palit’s worldwide facilities are ISO 9001 certified. All the Palit PC graphics accelerators and motherboards are with WHQL certification to ensure full compatibility.

2. baius

baius What's a Dremel?

What does simultaneous mean?

Hi. When you say "simutaneous", what do you mean? Do you - or does the press release - mean that 4 displays can be "hooked up" at once, or just the standard 2 displays, through any choice of connector?

There's currently an interesting HD 3870x2 that can output to 4 displays - each via dual link HDCP-enabled DVI. Man that's a lot of pixels!

Appreciate any authorative replies.
    MC2

(My first post, btw. I thought I'd been a member for years. Obviously not...)

(Edit: didn't need to quote that much...)

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

I'm not sure to be honest, it's just a cut and paste of Palit's press release - I'll try and find out!

Welcome to the forums.

4. baius

baius What's a Dremel?

Thank you, and... thank you. ;)

5. Tim S

Tim S OG

just heard back from Palit - G94 still only supports two simultaneous display outputs:

Here's the list of configurations I was given:

6. G0RD0N FAN

G0RD0N FAN Jeff Gordon #24

I also heard they were comming out with a 9800GX2 soon. Has anyone else heard that?

7. baius

baius What's a Dremel?

That's a crying shame. I'm really upset. The word "simultaneously" is so misleading. Never mind, though.

I'll have to investigate the 4-DVI 3870x2... thinking about it, it might be best to wait and see what happens with the 9800x2. I'll have a think. (Crysis will have to wait a bit longer, though.)

Thank you very much for your help though - you're a diamond. :)

8. Tim S

Tim S OG

no problem :thumb:

9. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

bit of a pain in the arse that nvidia cards are now named like slightly old ati ones eh?