bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Tech Support

Old 29th Feb 2008, 04:32   #1
Khensu
likes to touch your special places

Khensu has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Winlogon.exe causes BSOD (0xc0000005)

I've started receiving a lovely BSOD right after the Windows XP Welcome Screen. It reads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSOD
STOP: C000021a {Fatal System Error}

The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down.
I've had this before and I think I got it fixed. Google and Microsoft's KB aren't helping (strangely enough).

Anybody remember a fix?
Old 29th Feb 2008, 05:29   #2
GoodBytes
How many wifi's does it have?

GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I vote for Windows re-install... that is the work of a virus or malware. If your anti-virus is unable to scan it, then probably you should uninstall it, and try a different one. You can even try trial version of anti-viruses, just for a moment (NOTE: don't have several anti-virus installed, conflict will occur, and render one or them or both to mal-function, or not scan properly). Remember, as you just want the virus out of your system and know were it comes from (If possible).

If you get that after installing a fresh windows install, then it could be your HDD that has a bad area on it.

Core i7 930 2.8GHz | G.Skill Pi 6GB 1600MHz 7-5-7-24 1.5V | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 | GeForce GTX 260 | W.D Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-U12P | Xonar Essence STX | Win8 Pro 64-bit | Dell U2410 - 1920x1200 | OCZ Vertex 4 250GB
GoodBytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Feb 2008, 10:11   #3
Shielder
Live long & prosper!

Shielder has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Have you googled on the stop code? I got a raft of hits here.

Are any of them useful?

Andy
Old 29th Feb 2008, 17:20   #4
Khensu
likes to touch your special places

Khensu has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I got the "Session manager" one too, this morning. Hm. It looks like it's either going to be the hard drive failing (which makes sense, as this is the spill victim of yesterday...) and just generally throwing up error messages; or indeed some malware came with some stuff I found online.

My fairly fresh (last night) install of XP doesn't boot anymore at all now, though, so I'm back on the ol' LiveCD. I'm going to give Ubuntu a try later tonight, and if that starts failing too, I'll save up my pennies for some new hardware.

Thanks for the replies

Tags
windows