bit-tech.net

Old 5th Mar 2008, 07:48   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Phase III by cc3d

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2008..._iii_by_cc3d/1

What do you get when you give a crazy modder with a passion for accessibility total access to a water jet cutting instrument and high-end hardware? You get a test bench on crack! We take a look at cc3d's Phase III and see if the build is as good as it is unique...

Old 5th Mar 2008, 08:37   #2
johnnyboy700
Ultramodder

johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.
Very impressive, looks like a prop straight out of a big budget Sci Fi film.
johnnyboy700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2008, 09:01   #3
GauteHauk
Minimodder

GauteHauk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If I had to rate it on a 1 to 10, I'd give it a 9 for the eye candy alone! The look is complicated without looking messy, bulky and at the same time delicate. I have to say, one of the most impressive builds I've seen. Excellent work, man! I look forward to seeing what you do in the future.
Old 5th Mar 2008, 09:53   #4
stoff3r
Multimodder

stoff3r has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
In 50 years, this is what cc3d shows his grandkids. Atleast I would!
stoff3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2008, 10:34   #5
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
hmmz...

He stole my 4 year old idea of making a mobo on-top of all the rest. Its good to see my idea works well.
If i can find the money somewhere to build my version i would have my sweet revenge. Until then i just have to drool over this one.
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2008, 11:18   #6
Multiplectic
Beef Potato Wheelman

Multiplectic has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
With all due respect to cc3d and his amazing skills, this is just... ugly. It may be an excellent idea, but it's plain ugly. :S

Sorry, but I had to say it.

In contrast, Project FiveWood looks very promising.
Old 5th Mar 2008, 11:31   #7
zr_ox
Whooolapoook

zr_ox has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Old school modding with new school tools.....what a combo!
Old 5th Mar 2008, 11:55   #8
HandMadeAndroid
That's handy.

HandMadeAndroid has yet to learn the way of the DremelHandMadeAndroid has yet to learn the way of the DremelHandMadeAndroid has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yeah I have a to agree with Multiplectic on this one, excellent building skills, but it is ugly. I think cold cathodes, UV etc looks dated now, and to be honest they serve no purpose. Its pimp my computer for the sake of pimpin. In fact isnt modding computers a bit dated?
i7 3770k, Asus P8Z77-I , 16gb Patriot 1866 ddr3,EVGA 670FTW, Bitfenix Prodigy,crucial M4 128ssd,western digital black 2tb storage, wacom intuos/ i7 sandy bridge kobalt 17" laptop,120ssd, 8gb crucial ram, 500gb7200 WD storage drive, nvidia 555m 3gb/64gb iPad 2
HandMadeAndroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2008, 13:18   #9
Drexial
Supermodder

Drexial has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think it had A LOT of positive points. The overall shape of the case is wonderful. I feel it lacks in the details though. There is a bit too much going on. Having the different designs that don't relate to each other in any way just makes it look like any pattern to be seen was grabbed. The phase logo its self was great. But twice on the front was unnecessary and I feel the logo on the side should have been done on both sides for continuity. I liked the rest of the front however, it was for the most part very well thought out. I don't understand the reason for two flow meters though. the one on the front would have been fine, and I feel the tube would have been more manageable without it. I''l give it a 7of 10. I like the over all design so much. But the color scheme and details bring it down a couple notches.
Drexial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2008, 13:51   #10
Ownzyouall
What's a Dremel?

Ownzyouall has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Amazing. Looks like it came straight out of a box. Very nice design. I like how you managed to hide all the cables and wrapped the water tubes around the fan bracket. All the metal fabrication matches quite well. I like this case because its unique - the way it opens up. Case is well lit, I hate how some cases have so many dark spots. Seems kinda old school, but not bad. I suggest you add a 5.25" drive bay device thats got a LCD screen showing fraps or perhaps a equalizer or something. Theres only one thing I hate about this mod - the color of the lighting. Everyone uses blue, blue is too common - it makes every case seem similar to my eyes. I mean, it'd be nice to see something different for a change, you know what i mean? Maybe a green or red logo or someting to add contrast would be nice. I hate how only blue is always used, i get the idea and I've seen enough.

Anyways how do you people manage to cut those sheet of metal so well? and I don't mean like squares, triangles, circles'n stuff, I want to know how that perfect-etching and lazer-cut logos designs and stuff are done. Cause I doubt you can do it at home with out paying a ton of $$$$ to a metal custom metal fabricator. Anyways................... great case overall, you've got my vote.
Ownzyouall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2008, 14:25   #11
WhiskeyAlpha
Hypermodder

WhiskeyAlpha has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandMadeAndroid View Post
In fact isnt modding computers a bit dated?
Did you stumble in here by mistake?
Intel i7 950 @ 4Ghz | ASUS Sabertooth X58| 12GB Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz | Nvidia GTX 570 @ 875/1750/4200Mhz | 64GB Crucial SSD / 1TB Samsung Spinpoint HDD | Corsair HX 850W | Dell 2007WFP | Tannoy Reveal Active 5A | Beresford MK6 DAC
Customised Mountain Mods U2-UFO | ThermoChill PA120.1, PA120.2 & PA120.3 | EK Supreme | EK-FC570 GTX | EK Spinner Bay Res | Laing DDC x2
WhiskeyAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2008, 14:50   #12
HandMadeAndroid
That's handy.

HandMadeAndroid has yet to learn the way of the DremelHandMadeAndroid has yet to learn the way of the DremelHandMadeAndroid has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
no fell
i7 3770k, Asus P8Z77-I , 16gb Patriot 1866 ddr3,EVGA 670FTW, Bitfenix Prodigy,crucial M4 128ssd,western digital black 2tb storage, wacom intuos/ i7 sandy bridge kobalt 17" laptop,120ssd, 8gb crucial ram, 500gb7200 WD storage drive, nvidia 555m 3gb/64gb iPad 2
Old 5th Mar 2008, 16:54   #13
mrb_no1
Pie Eater

mrb_no1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
lol, i agree with whiskeyalpha, this is a more modding site than any mr 'handmadeandroid'.

When all is said and done i hate this case. I'll be honest, i didnt read the article or follow the walk through because the case looks ugly, so i'm not going to waste my time doing that right now, but its not pretty, its busy, disorgansied and taki imo.

Thats not to detract from his skillz and craftmanship at all, i just think he would have been better using his skills for something more elegant.

peace
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3600Mhz Asus Maximus II Formula ATI Radeon 4890 (1000Mhz Core + 1200Mhz Mem OC) 2x2G Corsair Dom. PC 8500 @ 1080Mhz Aquacomputer WC Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty 150G Raptor, 2x1500 + 1x750 + 2x500 Seagate (SATA2) Pioneer DVD burner Lian Li - PC 73SL Aluminium Silent Server Case Dell 2007WFP 20" Widescreen Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speakers Sennheiser HD270
mrb_no1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2008, 17:29   #14
HandMadeAndroid
That's handy.

@ mrb_01 I never considered this a strictly modding site. I come here to read the tech news daily and enjoy the articles and reviews.
Old 6th Mar 2008, 05:16   #15
Nature
Supermodder

Nature has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That's one fancy lookin' toaster oven.
Old 6th Mar 2008, 14:57   #16
Matticus

Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.
Hope this post works, damn busy servers last night.

I really like this mod, even though the colour scheme is a bit wacky, I would have prefered one colour for the case and one for the lights, but thats just me. Plus my case is a bit multicoloured.

HandMadeAndroid, you are on the modding section...
Old 19th Aug 2008, 12:34   #17
Vimesey
Multimodder

Vimesey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Have to agree with some of the comments here, good craftmanship, but the case itself is just horibly garish. To me this is a simple case of over modding, gone beyond the a certain point where it just becomes ugly.
Vimesey is offline   Reply With Quote