1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News MS releases IE 8 public beta

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 6 Mar 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

wow... they are getting closer to perfection a.i. complete imitation of firefox, especially firefox 3. there must be some buts somewhere.

3. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Righty, im now using IE8 beta 1, one pretty large problem already, ouch. When you have tabs open, with two different sites, and your on tab 1, and you press Home, it sends both tabs to the home page, that can't be good.
    Nothing more to report as of yet.

Sam

Edit, ok, my small problem took an interesting turn, i pressed home, and it opened a new Tab opening the new IE8 Web Page, grr, but it did manage to keep bit-tech and the other page open, so good news there.

4. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

okay so ya if you have Vista and are running SP1 then it wont work nor will it even let you install it, say that its not compatible with your version of Vista lol, ya thats a great sign.

5. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Hum, thats an interesting one, I know full damn well im running Vista x64 and SP1, and it works fine.
    Edit from my previous post: By defult, the IE8 Webpage is saved as a homepage as defult, get rid of that and your running:D

Sam

6. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Will this bugger up my IE7 install? I need that POS for testing.

7. Kierax

Kierax What's a Dremel?

I've heard that some pages are rendering corrupt with IE8, personally for use on a main machine I would avoid it.

8. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

It'll install over IE7, but surely you can use the IE7 mode to test pages anyway?

9. rhuitron

rhuitron Bump? What Bump?

This is cool and all.
    But I am still regretting the last time I used IE7 as a main Web browser.

So I think I will wait for the Full version. Hoping of course they fixed that damn Script error i was having that kept killing my pages.
    And That they have made a couple other things a bit better to use.

Thanks for keeping us informed!
    5/5

10. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

I have been using Firefox 3 Beta for a while now, since the day it was out. I am really happy with it, but there are a few things that I think that I might like in this version of IE (like the integration of several popular web services) which would make it more useful. But, I have been trying Flock recently, which seems nice. Will try IE, but don't think I will stick with it.

11. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

well maybe then it works for 64bit, Im running 32bit and it does not. Im also running Vista Business 32bit with SP1 so that there may also make a difference.

Last edited: 7 Mar 2008
  12. cpu121

cpu121 What's a Dremel?

I believe it won't install on beta versions of SP1 but SP1 RTM works fine.

13. phatj116

phatj116  

Ive tried it, you can download it from www.filehippo.com if anyones inteseted, so far nothing partiularly noticably different to IE7, i think its supposed to be slightly more secure with a few more features though. To say that its beta software from microsoft aswell it isnt too buggy which is suprising, however im gonna stick with IE7 for the time being.

Tags: Add Tags