1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Intel talks P45, G45 and X48

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 7 Mar 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. naokaji

naokaji whatever

I don't see a release date for p45? did i miss it or is it not there? other than that, looking good.

release date in TimS's post... it says may... i'm a bit well, stupid today.

Last edited: 7 Mar 2008
  3. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

As long as DDR3 cost 6 times as much as DDR2 and at the same performance level, you are a thief of your own wallet...

4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

can't wait for the 8-phrase Abit iP45 Pro :)

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It's not the same performance -when you get at 1,600MHz and above you get performance increases and if you increase the FSB to 500 plus the improvements to internal chipset timings specific to DDR3 should make the performance even better. It's a premium chipset that requires premium kit - it's for those looking for that 5% here, 2% there - every little bit to get ahead, just like Nvidia 790i Ultra SLI.

Obivously, there's still P45 for those wanting a decent oc and DDR2 etc and X38 still in the marketplace.

Everyone has said by Q3 DDR3 prices will drop largely - it'll still be expensive until AMD launches its DDR3 products next year but there will be a significant shift starting in Q3-Q4.

X48 should be released more this month into next and P45 is May-June.

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i wonder were is larabee..... or whatever its name is......

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I asked, no comment was given.

8. Primoz

Primoz What's a Dremel?

Love the miniITX board. Imagine what you can do with it. Ultra small HTPCs.

9. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

mini-ITX g45?
    new HTPC, kthxbai.

10. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

I have 2 miniITX cases sitting at home not being used, if these are cheap enough for a student I will be getting one.

11. genesisofthesith

genesisofthesith complete spanner

The current announcements were hardly unexpected. The big revelations are being saved for IDF (Nehelam family and Larabee), which is less than a month away, so that the announcements aren't competing as much with other companies press releases for attention.

12. K20

K20 What's a Dremel?

Does the 'Intel Extreme Tuning Utility' allow you to clock each core individually on a quad core? Same question for NVIDIA's ntune if anybody knows.

13. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Short answer no,, long answer no, all the cores run at the same speed regardless. It is an overall clock speed. Even when some cores are not used the power saving kicks in and powers them down but they stay at the same clock speed as the other cores.
    As for nVidia probably not, should be possible due to being essentially two cards slapped together.

14. K20

K20 What's a Dremel?

Thanks r4tch3t, I knew that the Intel '2 Core 2 Duo dies in one package' quad cores couldn't adjust the clock speed of each core independently but I thought I'd ask anyway; maybe you can force a core to run at a different speed even if the processor can't do so automatically. After all each core in a Core 2 Duo die can adjust its speed independently so why can't a quad core?

About ntune I meant can it clock the cores of an Intel quad core processor independently. Talking of NVIDIA, with Intel opening up fast transfer paths in the P45 and NVIDIA chipsets going integrated exclusive does this mean a NVIDIA graphic card could perform better on an Intel chipset than an NVIDIA one :hehe:.

Tags: Add Tags