bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 11th Mar 2008, 11:04   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Gaming in bed more popular than sex

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/03...lar_than_sex/1

According to a recent UK poll, gaming in bed is more popular than, uh, other bedroom activities...

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2008, 11:16   #2
Bogomip
... Yo Momma

Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I would suggest that most of the people who took that poll were too shy to put sex down on a form handed to them
Bogomip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2008, 11:19   #3
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
hmmm either that or they don't like the bed...Maybe Brits are exciting!

Instead they use the kitchen table, the office elevator, the neighbours old morris minor

...fill list below...
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2008, 11:37   #4
Joeymac
Multimodder

Joeymac has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
... the dog's kennel, cupboard under the stairs, in the dirty scum that collects under the fridge?
Joeymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2008, 11:41   #5
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
35 minutes of sex? Is that per hour, per day or per year?
Old 11th Mar 2008, 11:46   #6
Bungle
Rainbow Warrior

Bungle has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That's actually quite sad. It's almost saying sex is a chore for some. Time for the stick of joy to make a comeback me thinks and for people to rediscover those warm feelings.
Old 11th Mar 2008, 11:55   #7
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibblebot
Per week.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2008, 12:11   #8
Arkanrais
Supermodder

Arkanrais has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Per week.
really? going by the minutes listed for actual sleeping done, the list looks like its a yearly cumulative result. that had me confused for a bit, thinking "what in the living f*** are you brits up to?"
Arkanrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2008, 12:33   #9
TreeDude
Supermodder

TreeDude has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Does everyone have gaming laptops? I would think that this is not just limited to computer gaming, but gaming in general. Playing a console game while in bed is much easier than a PC game.
TreeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2008, 12:37   #10
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanrais
Quote:
Per week.
really? going by the minutes listed for actual sleeping done, the list looks like its a yearly cumulative result. that had me confused for a bit, thinking "what in the living f*** are you brits up to?"
3150 minutes per week is
450 minutes per day is
7.5 hours per day.

Seems normal to me
Old 11th Mar 2008, 12:41   #11
VictorianBloke
Multimodder

VictorianBloke has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Who works in bed? They make me go to the office! All the rest I can kinda agree to as my pc desk is next to the bed so I don't have to buy a chair.
Old 11th Mar 2008, 12:41   #12
cpu121
Supermodder

cpu121 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xir View Post
hmmm either that or they don't like the bed...Maybe Brits are exciting!

Instead they use the kitchen table, the office elevator, the neighbours old morris minor

...fill list below...
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C
Wouldn't the SN25P be a bit of tight squeeze, especially with all those other bits in it too?
cpu121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2008, 13:00   #13
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibblebot View Post
Per week.
I know. I was joking.

Presumably people were asked what they do in bed, not what they would prefer to be doing (gaming over sex? Now that's hardcore gaming )
Old 11th Mar 2008, 13:52   #14
Bluephoenix
Spoon? What spoon?

Bluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for president
try that poll in the US.

I guarantee you that #10 would certainly not be #10, probably #2 or 3

also the age spectrum comes into play here in a big way. how many people where what ages when they responded?
Bluephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2008, 13:54   #15
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

E.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run Crysis
I just combine the two!
LilyPC V.2 - completed! • BIO-A10 - MotM Jul. '12 Nominee Loser! • "Movie Sign!" - in progress • CheckMate - MotM May '09 Nominee Loser! • BluBawx I - MotY '09 Nominee Loser! • Lumi่re Noire - MotM Apr. '08 Nominee Loser! • NOTalis w/ MNPCTech • "Building Better Worlds" - MotM Feb. '08 Nominee Loser!
E.E.L. Ambiense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2008, 14:52   #16
1ad7
Supermodder

1ad7 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
^^^ my idea exactly EEl, hmm maybe its time for a new computer design based on sex+games=most fun ever
1ad7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2008, 14:55   #17
Bluephoenix
Spoon? What spoon?

Bluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for president
I'd suggest the OCZ headband thing, but that would only be useful if you were trying to teabag an opponent you had just killed.
Bluephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2008, 15:25   #18
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

E.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run Crysis
^LOL
LilyPC V.2 - completed! • BIO-A10 - MotM Jul. '12 Nominee Loser! • "Movie Sign!" - in progress • CheckMate - MotM May '09 Nominee Loser! • BluBawx I - MotY '09 Nominee Loser! • Lumi่re Noire - MotM Apr. '08 Nominee Loser! • NOTalis w/ MNPCTech • "Building Better Worlds" - MotM Feb. '08 Nominee Loser!
E.E.L. Ambiense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2008, 15:26   #19
RinSewand
Useful

RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
wow thats depressing. 35 minutes a week? hmmm. Mind you if you average out the people who are single who have no sex in bed, then i guess that might be about right. IT'd be interesting to see that suvey done only with people who have the option of having sex...

RwD
RinSewand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2008, 15:36   #20
badders
Neuken in de Keuken

badders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for president
35 Minutes a week?
Yikes!

I'm going to leave that post there, and let you all wonder whether I think it's too much or too little.
badders is offline   Reply With Quote