1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News BioShock 2 announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 12 Mar 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I can has inventory? no? ok i'll settle for proper widescreen then instead

3. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

amen to that.

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I actually didn't enjoy BioShock.

5. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I would prefer a more complicated game along the lines of DX. Nothing too OTT but it would be nice if it had some more depth. The thing I wasn't too keen on with Bioshock was it was a good game, but it was simplified unnecessarily. People say that consoles simplify games too much, but Morrowind wasn't simplified at all on the xbox and that sold really well.

6. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

I played 1/3 of the original Bioshock on my PC. Was a unique game at the time, but with horrible mouse support and poor widescreen.

Oh... and it was VASTLY overhyped by all the media and magazines.

I really doubt Bioshock2 will do as well. A lot of people were duped into buying Bioshock, and felt that it didnt meet the hype (myself included). Will I shell out more money on Bioshock2. Probably not.

7. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

I would rather see them come up with a new IP. I think it would be cool to have left it as a standalone game, although I guess a prequel could be pretty good.

8. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

So long as its not dull and repetitive with 5 types of enemy it could be ok.

9. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

Good only game bar GTA4 I can see me buying between now and then.

I really got pulled in by it tbh would love to see more back story etc or seeing the city from a different perspective, personally I loved it without doubt my best game for last year. HL2 episode 2 just didnt seem to pull me in or involve me as much although it was a very good game and Crysis was all shiny flashing lights and graphics with no substance.

10. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

People say that consoles simplify games too much, but Morrowind wasn't simplified at all on the xbox and that sold really well.

wasn't that because it was originally a PC game, then ported to XBOX?:

hence immense ammounts of detail being left in? not sure cuz i never payed attention to it, jsut a thought.

11. naokaji

naokaji whatever

they dont have to make the game hard overall, they just need to have working difficulty adjustments.

Bioshock 2? well, I kinda liked the first one, i mean sure it had its flaws, but overall still one of the best games of 2k7 and if they stick to the Graphics Style of the bioshock 1 and dont forget to have plnety of Big Daddys then it will be ok.

12. Hg

Hg The game known as life

Lol gunny, i know your pain.
    However i did enjoy the game and it had a great twist at the end, lets hope they create this game as a proper PC title not an xbox port…

13. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

probably wont get this Bio shock was wa too repetative

14. rjkoneill

rjkoneill What's a Dremel?

this does not surprise me in the slightest

15. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

I quite enjoyed Bioshock, despite the lack of different types of enermies and some chapters being a little repetative (collecting the paintings springs instantly to mind), I actually enjoyed the game because of the plasmid abilities, they were very fun to play with, using a balence of your main weapon ammo and these, like catching rockets from turrets and thorwing it against an enermy or right back at the turret.

For me, the plasmids kinda made the game, id love to see a sequel to Bioshock set in the similar style and with the plasmid abilities again, however I would hope that the chapters/maps have a bit more depth to them without the repetativeness of the first Bioshock, this would make it much more enjoyable.

16. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

I hope that they focus more on the story then just solely graphics as the last one ya it looked pretty but game play eh...

17. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I won't get it for sure. Bioshock 1 was pretty boring IMO.

I loved the environments and all, but the game simply got boring after a short while.

Overhyping games sure kills the joy of playing them... :sigh:

18. MrMonroe

MrMonroe What's a Dremel?

I really liked the first one... just don't see where they're going to get a story out of it again. The whole thing played like a novel where an idea (this is what happens in an objectivist paradise when someone discovers workable genetic manipulation) was the central point of the story. Why make another based on the same idea?

I'd also like to know what y'all meant by "proper widescreen support." It looked fine on my 1920x1200...

19. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Ah Bioshock was great. More shallow gameplay than it could have been, but dripping in enough atmosphere and a decent enough story to make it fun. What I'd love from a sequal is a more non-linear level design. Bioshock felt like moving from one self contained level to the next, with no cohesion between the two. You got no sense of where you were within Rapture. A HUD system, global maps and just more of a sense of the whole city would be really appreciated in the sequal.

And some more varied enemies.

20. tomshawn

tomshawn What's a Dremel?

holy ****! great! I loved first part.. I played it 2 times !!

Tags: Add Tags