1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Fallout 3 to have over 200 endings

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 26 Mar 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

But how many will be variations on "game over" :p

3. CardJoe

I think there was about twenty five different game over narrations in Fallout 2. They ranged from "Your bullet ridden corpse now lies forgotten in the desert, lost amid the background radiation" to "You have failed in your quest. Arroyo is doomed without you."

4. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

I think i seen more of those than i did the proper endings, never did know when to walk run away.

5. Tyrmot

Tyrmot Minimodder

Surely this could be the best game of 2008... I really really really really really really really really really hope they don't mess it up!

6. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

god I hope this game is as good as it should be. this is the one and only game that I have any hope for now.
    I think 200 endings is a little much though, 50 good endings would be better than 200 weak endings.
    I am betting that they are all just slight variations of each other.

7. CardJoe

Yes, but thats the point. There was at least 100 possible endings in Fallout 2, adding and taking and tweaking based on who you met, slept with, killed, helped, hindered, etc.

8. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

I hope they allow M+K support on the PS3 like they did Oblivion.....as I won't have a good enough rig by the time this comes out.....

9. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

I guess this will give it a little more replay value to say the least.

10. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

Argh! I wish this game would come out nowish while I still have the cash to pay for it!

11. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

lets hope there isn't another one of those headlines where 'x game is not going to be released for the pc after all'.

12. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

It's obvious that Beth was hoping to sell to the consoles from the beggining. and all that Sweeney talk should scare the game industry mercenaries. I think a good RPG will never run as smooth as it does in the PC.

Another thing to point is that Beth compares too much FO3 with TES4. With all this focus on Oblivion success i can almost bet that FO3 won't be as fun as previous games to the average (not the hardcore) FO fan. BUT, i hope i am wrong. I really do...

13. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Mm, another bigass world? Well, by the time I'm done Oblivion (granted, being a Khajit Thief, at level 40 in about 35 hours... It all becomes exploration) I'll have another giant realm to get lost in - and with this being Behedesa - no asinine copy protection.

14. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I do hope they can pull this off well, I was sorely disappointed with Oblivion when that came out, the levelled enemies just ruined the game IMO. Going out to level up a bit after finding a place was too hard, coming back and now finding it even harder was rather annoying, I hope they don't make that mistake with FO3. The changes they have made to the game mechanics don't bother me too much, FO has always been about the story and setting first IMO, so long as they get that right, the combat mechanics don't really bother me.

15. CardJoe

QFT, though for me levelling had the opposite effect. I just existed in a permanent state of non-challenge, my archer always ready to run backwards indefinitely while firing arrows. I started to get really annoyed when highwaymen and common thugs appeared wearing full ebony armour. :nono:

Tags: Add Tags