bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 8th Apr 2008, 09:54   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Musician: Guitar Hero 'perverts music'

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/04...verts_music_/1

Charlie Daniels, who had music featured in Guitar Hero 3, has complained that Guitar Hero is unsuitable for children.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2008, 10:00   #2
Fod
what is the cheesecake?

Fod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run Crysis
isn't GH3 rated 12 in the Uk anyway? hence... REALLY young kids shouldn't be playing it anyway.
Old 8th Apr 2008, 10:38   #3
OleJ
Me!

OleJ has yet to learn the way of the DremelOleJ has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
HOW?! Can you prefer Audiosurf...
LOL
Old 8th Apr 2008, 10:50   #4
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Some one should tell that dude to get out his arse...
Old 8th Apr 2008, 11:02   #5
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
"The song is supposed to be a lighthearted novelty about a fiddling contest between a country boy and the devil and the devil always loses," writes Daniels, who is annoyed that many players cannot complete that level of the game.

LOLZOR!!!1 DANIELS IS A NOOB!!! PWNED BY GH3!!!

someone get Jack Thompson in on this, I'd love to see his reaction! Imagine headlines... JT declares Guitars unsuitable for minors, a report in which JT says that black sabbath have returned to corrupt our widdle minds...
Old 8th Apr 2008, 11:11   #6
reflux
Multimodder

reflux has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This sounds like 1950s parents complaining that rock 'n' roll is corrupting their children. What an idiot.
reflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2008, 11:27   #7
naokaji
whatever

naokaji has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
the only thing thats wrong with gh is that its a consoles game...

his argument isnt really vaild though since loosing at the game isnt the objective, so basically it doesnt encourage letting the devil win.

Quote:
Opportunity is like delivery by DHL, it does not come to you, you have to track it down and chase it
naokaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2008, 11:42   #8
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The whole concept is ridiculous for a game anyway. It is not a game at all. Its slamming a 'thing' in the hope you get some sounds right making a fool of yourself by playing a enhanced 'air guitar'

to me it is all scumsoft...
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2008, 11:57   #9
Mentai
Hypermodder

Mentai has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I love playing air guitar while walking listening to my mp3's! If only guitar hero etc had music I actually liked... Sigh.
Mentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2008, 13:32   #10
dire_wolf
Last Of The Dovakhiin

dire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by [USRF]Obiwan View Post
The whole concept is ridiculous for a game anyway. It is not a game at all. Its slamming a 'thing' in the hope you get some sounds right making a fool of yourself by playing a enhanced 'air guitar'

Lol you obviously haven't played it for any period of time, either that or you suck so much at it you're totally disgruntled.

Plus it's so much fun when friends are round and you crack open a beer or two, multiplayer GH3 hilarious.

Back to the original story, how is it unsuitable for children? I mean theres a cartoon devil and a little devil woman on the screen, no blood, sex, swearing or anything.

Also, the idea is to beat the devil, not let him win. If you get stuck then try harder!
dire_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2008, 14:28   #11
chrisb2e9
Dont do that...

chrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysis
Quote:
Plus it's so much fun when friends are round and you crack open a beer or two, multiplayer GH3 hilarious.
i'm convinced.
Old 8th Apr 2008, 15:04   #12
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think it's better actually, teaches children if you try to gamble with the devil you will lose 'cos he's a ******* who keeps on throwing doublers and string snappers at you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2008, 15:21   #13
Vash-HT
Multimodder

Vash-HT has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by [USRF
Obiwan]The whole concept is ridiculous for a game anyway. It is not a game at all. Its slamming a 'thing' in the hope you get some sounds right making a fool of yourself by playing a enhanced 'air guitar'

Wow lighten up its just a damn game, not to mention your description of it is way off base. You could never beat the game randomly slamming a "thing" (whatever the hell that means), and you would lose on easy if you tried just randomly playing ****.
Vash-HT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2008, 15:45   #14
freedom810
Supermodder

freedom810 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfreedom810 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It made me laugh, this guy clearly knows nothing about games. Take a look at GTA and compare it to guitar hero aha
freedom810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2008, 16:21   #15
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:

So you need beer to actually have some fun playing GHx. Yo kids! .. kids... have some beer...

I call it "thing" because if that thing is a guitar, I can call my stairs a keyboard.

And I do not want to play GHx, not even alone in the dark. what i do find extremely funny is watching my friends play bowling on the wii and seeing them doing it if they are in a real bowling minus the ridiculously shoes you must wear.

All meant sarcastically just as my other post afcourse.

In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!

Last edited by [USRF]Obiwan; 8th Apr 2008 at 17:37.
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2008, 17:59   #16
Fly
inter arma silent leges

Fly has yet to learn the way of the DremelFly has yet to learn the way of the DremelFly has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sour grapes on the lack of royalties.
Old 9th Apr 2008, 01:14   #18
LordPyrinc
Legomaniac

LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I agree with Fly... Charlie is really more irate that the song is used and he no longer has the rights to make any money off of it. He's just kickin himself over it and needed to have some BS arguement to mask the real reason he is griping.
LordPyrinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Apr 2008, 02:50   #19
boggsi
Multimodder

boggsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This thread is now about how awesome Audiosurf is.
boggsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Apr 2008, 17:58   #20
Oclocker
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Oclocker has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Basically he's peed off that he sold off the rights to the song & now its "famous again" he won't get a penny. Probably penning new version nowto sell to rock star 4..

or if i'd read all thread "what fly said"

Last edited by Oclocker; 9th Apr 2008 at 18:04.
Oclocker is offline   Reply With Quote