bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 8th Apr 2008, 12:09   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Rock Band UK release date set

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/04...ase_date_set/1

Electronic Arts has finally set a release date for the UK version of Rock Band, as well as details of new features and downloadable content.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2008, 12:12   #2
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
At last! Time to see how much money's in the piggy bank

(You forgot the opening bracket in the forum link, btw)
Old 8th Apr 2008, 12:15   #3
alastor
I Mod, Therefore I Own

alastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysis
Bloody finally
Old 8th Apr 2008, 12:22   #4
oasked
Stuck in the Mud

oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.
Bet this costs an arm and a leg. Is it coming out on the Wii? I know that so far its only on the X360 in the States.
Old 8th Apr 2008, 12:22   #5
chrisuk
Modder

chrisuk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks as though we've got a price: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...set-for-may-23

£180!!!!!! Absolutely INSANE
chrisuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2008, 12:23   #6
ellism
Supermodder

ellism has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
According to gamesindustory.biz it will be costing £180 where in the us it sells for 169USD

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...set-for-may-23
Old 8th Apr 2008, 12:25   #7
Darkedge
Supermodder

Darkedge has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
it's bloody expensive - rip off Britain again and the DLC? TWICE the cost of the US. Grrr
Darkedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2008, 12:26   #8
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
For me the moment for games like this has gone, GH3 just made me frustrated on Hard.

DougEdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2008, 12:33   #9
ellism
Supermodder

ellism has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Also would they not sell the instruments and game together? Its not like your going to want the instrument pack on its own without the game.
Old 8th Apr 2008, 12:37   #10
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The £180 is for the game and instruments

Old 8th Apr 2008, 12:58   #11
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That's rather expensive : /

Still gonna buy it though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2008, 13:40   #12
alastor
I Mod, Therefore I Own

alastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysis
I can't imagine that being right, if it was £180 nobody would buy it. £130 with the game sounds more realistic but still a lot of money for a game.
Old 8th Apr 2008, 13:41   #13
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

It's exactly twice the price of RRP in the states

Old 8th Apr 2008, 13:57   #14
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
FFS!

Needs to be £149.99 - at the very most

Why the huge ****ing delay - it's not like it's had to be converted from Japanese to English?

Why delay the PS3 launch even further??!! Gah!!

I'm going to have to just basically give in and buy an import! Stupid flaming idiots. Mind you, by the sound of it, it could end up being cheaper.
Old 8th Apr 2008, 14:42   #15
oasked
Stuck in the Mud

oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.oasked is definitely a rep cheat.
They're not going to shift it at all if its £180. That's the same price as the console!
Old 8th Apr 2008, 15:22   #16
leexgx
CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

leexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
most of my friends who have an PS3 all ready have rockband (USA kit)

so its alot cheaper to get the USA kit in the long run as if buying songs is going to be 50% cheaper due to Ā£ to $
i7-920 (4Ghz) <> Titian ferna <> Rampage extreme III<> GTX480 <> 6gb 3x2gb OCZ Gold 1600 <> SSD M225 256gb / segate .11 1.5TB <> X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty <> TK 1000w Toughpower <win7 x64> GreenFrog Computers Warrington
leexgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2008, 15:30   #17
nakchak
Minimodder

nakchak has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Too Expensive, still second hand might be better priced, but ultimately think the bubble has well and truly burst, like dance mats and side scrolling platform games

guessing the delay is to do with music licensing issues, different distributors in the us to uk for a lot of acts
e.g. u often see separate US and EU management companies on the back
nakchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2008, 16:02   #18
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
My theory is lack of peripheral supplies. For a start, the original rock band hardware was shoddy, so they signed up Mad Catz to make it, so I'm guessing they had to get production ramped up with them in order to meet demand in the US and to make a stockpile of hardware for Europe so they had enough for launch day.

For £180 it better come with all the DLC that has been released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2008, 16:38   #19
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
For £180, I'd expect someone to come from EA and play it for me
Old 8th Apr 2008, 16:54   #20
naokaji
whatever

naokaji has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Usually when a console game costs too much I just think haha serves you right for buying a console.. but 180£? that even makes a console hater like me feel sorry.

Quote:
Opportunity is like delivery by DHL, it does not come to you, you have to track it down and chase it
naokaji is offline   Reply With Quote