bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 15th Apr 2008, 11:06   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Ubisoft acquires Gameloft's India studio

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/04...india_studio/1

Ubisoft has continued to expand into eastern territories, buying up another development studio in India.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2008, 11:09   #2
mmorgue
Supermodder

mmorgue has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hahahaha!! Oh I can't wait. If it's like any of the other places that outsource, (including my place) they'll send out the specs, India will deliver the code *wrong*, Ubisoft will resend the specs, India will redeliver wrong, etc.

After about 6 iterations and triple the cost of the expected "savings" of outsourcing, Ubisoft will have their half-assed, poorly written, untested code. lol !

(I've done a huge amount of work with outsourcing to India and not once has it ever had a positive result. Sad, but true)
mmorgue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2008, 11:17   #3
cjoyce1980
Supermodder

cjoyce1980 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorgue
Hahahaha!! Oh I can't wait. If it's like any of the other places that outsource, (including my place) they'll send out the specs, India will deliver the code *wrong*, Ubisoft will resend the specs, India will redeliver wrong, etc.

After about 6 iterations and triple the cost of the expected "savings" of outsourcing, Ubisoft will have their half-assed, poorly written, untested code. lol !

(I've done a huge amount of work with outsourcing to India and not once has it ever had a positive result. Sad, but true)
at least they can keep pumping out those extreme poor tom clancy games, then cut and run
cjoyce1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2008, 11:26   #4
DXR_13KE
Madeira's banana is the best!!!

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
"there can be only one!"

i wonder who will buy who in the end....
Old 15th Apr 2008, 12:01   #5
lewchenko
Supermodder

lewchenko has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Phone based games huh ?

I dont see the market. I see the millions of phones out there.. but I dont see people buying games for them. The vast majority of phones have poor screen resolutions, awkward controls (especially any new Sony Ericsson phone with buttons meant for midgets), poor access (ie. downloading takes ages and is seen to be expensive), plus there isn't an easy shop (like PC version of Steam). Most phones have different memory, OS, keyboard features and screens.

What a nightmare.

As for Ubisoft.. well Hmmm... Every PC port (thats all they do these days) recently has been a stonking disaster so they can quietly kiss my a** !
lewchenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2008, 14:03   #6
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I dont play mobile games, when should i do that then? if i go from home to work in my car its not going to happen, if i am on my work it is not going to happen, if i am driving back to home its not going to happen, if i am home it is not going to happen because i have a pc.
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2008, 14:23   #7
Arkanrais
Supermodder

Arkanrais has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
why dont these people cut the crap and make a portable games machine that can make phone calls/txt/pxt/video phone
or make an adaptor for a freaking DS or PSP that does all of the above
Arkanrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2008, 15:19   #8
DXR_13KE
Madeira's banana is the best!!!

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanrais View Post
why dont these people cut the crap and make a portable games machine that can make phone calls/txt/pxt/video phone
or make an adaptor for a freaking DS or PSP that does all of the above
its called an ngage....
Old 15th Apr 2008, 16:21   #9
yakyb
i hate the person above me

yakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysis
and its rubbish
Old 15th Apr 2008, 16:27   #10
Adrir
Aspiring Game Developer

Adrir has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Mobile games are easy to write, but arn't really alot of fun. Especially when compared to PSP's and DS's which can get quite addictive. Usually, using straight forward Java or BREW, and sometimes C# if the target platoform is running Windows Embedded.
Adrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2008, 23:30   #11
Netflow
Minimodder

Netflow has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
ANy word on what they paid?
Netflow is offline   Reply With Quote