bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 15th Apr 2008, 16:03   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Windows XP SP3 released on 29th April?

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/04...n_29th_april/1

A report on the web suggests that Microsoft is preparing to release Windows XP Service Pack 3 to the public at the end of this month.

Old 15th Apr 2008, 16:16   #2
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
what advantages dose this SP offer?
Burnout21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2008, 16:20   #3
DriftCarl
Supermodder

DriftCarl has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I dont have any XP machines left at home. they are all perfectly working non problematic variations of vista installed for over a year.
DriftCarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2008, 16:28   #4
donnie
Moddin' my way out of a paper bag

donnie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm curious as to whether the OEM will feature SATA drivers as slipstreaming the OS is just a pain in the arse.
Old 15th Apr 2008, 16:56   #5
Buzzons
Mod Master

Buzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitBuzzons is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Donnie has a good point, I'd hope they have finally added teh SATA drivers :S

Burnout :: other than meaning you don't need to install ~100 updates after installing a clean XP SP2 PC it tweaks a lot of settings in XP,and also adds new features to make it easier to talk to it from 2K8 server

some details here :: http://www.winsupersite.com/faq/xp_sp3.asp
Buzzons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2008, 17:02   #6
sam.g.taylor
Apparently I'm Greg Kinnear

sam.g.taylor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout21
what advantages dose this SP offer?
Check this out... http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/11...rmance_boost/1
Old 15th Apr 2008, 19:28   #7
Omnituens
Hypermodder

Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Looks like i will hold off the formatting until i have this. have to make an new slipstreamed disk.
Old 15th Apr 2008, 21:27   #8
proxess
Hypermodder

proxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for president
It has huge ass performance boost. I've got the RC running on my laptop and its one heck of a breeze.
Ubuntu #8076 / Linux #429448
proxess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2008, 22:14   #9
OleJ
Me!

OleJ has yet to learn the way of the DremelOleJ has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hugh Jazz performance boost?
Old 15th Apr 2008, 22:25   #10
TomH
Bwahahahahaha

TomH has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
After installing the RC on my work laptop, I saw absolutely bugger-all difference. The only nice thing I can say, is that I shouldn't have to install 5000 patches to a clean SP2 installation.

As for slip-streaming, I just petitioned the boss to buy a USB-FDD. 20 and it's come in handy more times than I care to think since then.
Old 15th Apr 2008, 22:54   #11
123mccann
Multimodder

123mccann has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I don't know how but, on my grandad's machine in system information it states he has SP3, however, if it hasn't been released i'm not sure how.
Old 15th Apr 2008, 23:16   #12
reflux
Multimodder

reflux has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've been running the leaked BETA for a while. No noticeable performance improvement, but XP kicks Vista arse anyway so who cares?
reflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2008, 05:32   #13
dyzophoria
Supermodder

dyzophoria has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
nice for xp, though haven't had any xp installations any more in my office and at home