1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POTM [04/08] St Albans Abbey HDR

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Darv, 25 Apr 2008.

1. Darv

Darv Bling!!

Here's my second entry to this months POTM. It's St Albans abbey, although I was a little late taking the photo so it wasn't as striking as I was hoping for, so I've made it into an HDR which I think gives it some extra oomf.

[​IMG]

I'm starting to get the hang of using the camera, now I think I need to work on my subjects and composition.

All opinions are welcome, I'm only a beginner so I can only improve :thumb:

2. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

I do like that, but not sure on the cyan-ness of the sky...

3. zabe

zabe Perfect in my imperfection

looks cool, but you can notice that 10 mins earlier the abbey would've been sooooo bathed in sunlight... oh well, still looks nice, although i never liked the HDR touch... it just makes images look weird... then again that's only my taste!! the yellow/orange tones in the abbey look pretty nice though!!

4. crazybob

crazybob Voice of Reason

I've always liked HDR, myself. It makes the images look strange, but only because we're so used to low dynamic range in pictures. If you think about what that scene would look like in person, HDR starts to make more sense.

That said, I'd love to see the same scene 15 minutes before, HDR or not.

5. Darv

Darv Bling!!

I'm still kicking myself for not getting there earlier. I thought I'd left enough time but when I got there the sun was already out of sight. I might try and get back there another day to try again, although unless I get a chance tonight, it'll be too late for this months competition.

Tags: