bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 2nd Aug 2009, 19:21   #1
docodine
killed a guy once

docodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for president
Seen anything cool on the road lately?

I went downtown to Chicago yesterday and saw a higher than normal number of cool cars on the way.. First it was a white Aston Martin Vantage Convertible, either a black DB9 or Zagato (the thing blurred past me), a gray Lamborghini Gallardo, bright red Nissan GT-R, and what I think was a Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, white.

Best among them was the GT-R, never seen a non-gray/silver one.

So anyway, what cool cars/bikes have you seen lately?
docodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2009, 20:24   #2
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
I saw 3 GTR in 5 days last fall when they got here in Canada ... Or was it early this spring? I'm not sure. Anyways I haven't seen another one since.

I saw a Camaro 2 weeks ago, but who cares, right ?

mmm There is a brand new Exige driving around town that I've seen a few times. It's bright orange and it looks fantastic
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2xGTX 570 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |

Last edited by knuck; 2nd Aug 2009 at 21:39.
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2009, 20:38   #3
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
I got owned by a fancied up GT-R going onto the sliproad of the M60 the other day.

Saw an XKR-S on Thursday at some lights too, was going the other way though.

There's a random bloke who lives around here with a lovely new Phantom Drophead too - lovely royal blue.
Old 2nd Aug 2009, 21:25   #4
Jumeira_Johnny
16032 - High plains drifter

Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.
a '74 bight yellow, lovingly restored RR with a walnut interior.

after 5 years in Dubai, the new stuff fails to impress me. the dedication to a classic on the other hand....
Old 2nd Aug 2009, 21:25   #5
RTT
#parp

RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Two GT-Rs today, one white and one grey. Pretty sweet

edit: and an RS6. Phwoar.

Last edited by RTT; 3rd Aug 2009 at 11:09.
RTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2009, 22:05   #6
smashie
Cupid Stunt

smashie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
A nice blue RS6 with the reg 'H4CK X'
smashie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2009, 22:39   #7
Darv
Bling!!

Darv has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've been working on site in some pretty nice areas of London lately and saw some amazing cars:

Hundreds of Bentleys
Hundreds of Mercedes, all AMG versions
A Mclaren Mercedes SLR
Loads of Range Rovers, some with really nasty body kits etc
A few Audi R8s and some Lamorghinis
Dozens of Aston Martin DB9s
A couple of GT-Rs
Quite a few Rollers including 2 drop tops
A few Ferraris

The best is a tie between a mint condition Aston Martin DB5 or a Ferrari Enzo.

And probably quite a few more I've forgotten!!
Darv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2009, 23:17   #8
D-Cyph3r
Gay for Yunosuke

D-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the DremelD-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the DremelD-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the DremelD-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the DremelD-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the DremelD-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Saw a BMX X6 on the A406 last week, pretty ugly but it looks mean as heck in the rear view mirror.

There was some bloke in an awesome custom hot-rod thing (exposed engine and all) down the local leisure park friday night aswell.
D-Cyph3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2009, 23:28   #9
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashie View Post
A nice blue RS6 with the reg 'H4CK X'
Ah yes, saw an RS6 avant blatting along the M66 the other day, quite interesting.
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 00:00   #10
plug_in_ross
Supermodder

plug_in_ross has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've seen quite a few recently, some including:

Jaguar E-type
Aston Martin DB5
loads of Astons in general (Vantage, DB9, etc.)
Porsche Carrera GT
Porsche GT3 RS
Ferrari Testarossa
Ferrari F430
Lamborghini Gallardo (in black, shweeeet)
Audi R8

Strangely, I saw the two Porsche's in Weston Super Mare.
plug_in_ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 00:07   #11
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
oh yeah this reminds me, there's an Audi R8 next to where I work. It's not noisy and it looks like a very small car.

Still cool though
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2xGTX 570 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 00:44   #12
ArtificialHero
We were just punking him sir!

ArtificialHero has yet to learn the way of the DremelArtificialHero has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Beautiful matte black VW camper splitty today, absolutely perfect condition. Loved it.
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 00:55   #13
notatoad
pretty fing wonderful

notatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i pulled up behind an f430 the other day at a stoplight on main street. i slipped my smart car into neutral and revved it a couple times, didn't get a response.

and less recently: an MC12, an old countach in incredible condition, a couple other 430s, lots of 911s, a vantage, and apparently there's a guy in town who owns a veyron but i haven't seen it yet.

Last edited by notatoad; 3rd Aug 2009 at 18:36.
notatoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 01:00   #14
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
No! Everything disappeared?
Only SUV crap, soccer mom crap, pickup truck crap, ricer crap.

john

/edit

Maybe they will come out during the week. Weekends are slow here. Blame the mountains and the gorgeousness that is Colorado.
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 01:32   #15
ArtificialHero
We were just punking him sir!

ArtificialHero has yet to learn the way of the DremelArtificialHero has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by notatoad View Post
i pulled up behind an f430 the other day at a stoplight on main street. i slipped my smart car into neutral and revved it a couple times, didn't get a response.
I can never resist doing that in my Clio, tried it with a Stradale last Summer. Reminds me of trying to duel level 70s when I was a level 15ish back in my WoW days.
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 02:58   #16
wiby645
Multimodder

wiby645 is definitely a rep cheat.wiby645 is definitely a rep cheat.wiby645 is definitely a rep cheat.wiby645 is definitely a rep cheat.wiby645 is definitely a rep cheat.wiby645 is definitely a rep cheat.wiby645 is definitely a rep cheat.wiby645 is definitely a rep cheat.wiby645 is definitely a rep cheat.wiby645 is definitely a rep cheat.wiby645 is definitely a rep cheat.
i live in a small town in the middle of nowhere, so theres no nice cars here however there is a brand new gsxr 600 in my garage
wiby645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 03:06   #17
Volund
Am I supposed to care?

Volund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run Crysis
I saw a bumblebee yellow SMART roadster in Hong Kong last week, along with several Lamborghinis, Ferarris, and the like

If you believe in GLaDOS and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
Volund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 03:15   #18
The_Beast
I like wood ಠ_ಠ

The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
since I live in a small town in Wisconsin nothing really special just a purple 1969 Camaro, a black 1971 Chevelle, a 1976 lifted Chevy stepside bright yellow, a few newer jags, a landrover once and a great while, and some other older cars cruising around town
- i7 3770k - MSI Z77A-GD65 - EVGA GTX 570 - 8Gb G.Skill Sniper (1.25v) - Fractal R3 Black - Corsair H50 - Corsair 750HX - Samsung 830 128Gb SSD - 6 Samsung F4EG 2TB - 2 WD Black 1TB - 2 WD Black 750GB - Dell UltraSharp U2410 - WASD V1 Custom - IBM Model M SSK - KBC Poker (Ergo-Clears) - Logitech Mx518 & G500 - Audio Technica AD700 - Logitech Z4 - Windows 7 Pro -
The_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 03:35   #19
docodine
killed a guy once

docodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for president
I just saw my car but with huge tires and a bunch of chrome slapped on.. Made me cry just a little. :-|

Like this, but black, and with even bigger tires.
docodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 08:15   #20
BentAnat
Software Dev

BentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for president
Not toooo much around here, mostly due to factors such as a) people with the money know squat about cars and b) income/expenditure is way screwed here, leading most people never to buy a cool car.

but lets' see:
3 Bentley Flying spurs around here that i have seen
1 old Jag E-Type in red (don't ask me what year, but it's an old one - just needs a new paint job)
1 Aston (apparently... i have yet to see it)
1 new Porsche 911 (don't ask which one... i think all porsches look alike)
bunch of Porsche Cayenne and Caymans.

Topping off my list would probably be the Jag XK i saw recently... it's quite possibly THE COOLEST car in the country, unless that Aston is a DB9/Vanquish/DBRS

Tags
say no to skimlinks

View Mode