bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 17th Jun 2008, 16:20   #201
RTT
#parp

RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Really nice Loopy - what other bits have you got on it? Looks like a carbon frame too?

edit: full carbon indeed. sweeeeeet
Old 19th Jun 2008, 00:36   #202
Tomm
I also ride trials :)

Tomm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That looks well bling! Can't say I've heard of Ghost before but that looks like a very pimp machine.

Is anyone doing Mountain Mayhem this weekend? I am (not solo mind!). Come and say hi if you see someone on a Commencal meta 5. Actually I probably need to narrow the search down a bit - come and say hi if you see someone on a 2007 Commencal meta 5.5.3 with a gold rear hub and some xt bits
Old 19th Jun 2008, 08:10   #203
LoopyJuice
Astronomical

LoopyJuice has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yus RTT plenty of carbon on her, full XTR, Mavic Crossmax SLR wheels/spokes/hubs. It's hideously light (around 23lbs) and worth every penny!

We were considering MM but I think a couple of us are just going somewhere on Sunday instead weather permitting
Old 19th Jun 2008, 11:17   #204
kingred
Surfacing sucks!

kingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
so im looking for a nice bike to cruise with, preferably single speed for cleanlyness and simplicity.

anything under 300?
kingred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jun 2008, 12:11   #205
RTT
#parp

RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingred View Post

anything under 300?
Spend 350 and buy a Spesh Centrum. I want one.
Old 19th Jun 2008, 13:16   #206
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTT View Post
Spend 350 and buy a Spesh Centrum. I want one.
Old 24th Jun 2008, 20:54   #207
Tomm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomm View Post
Is anyone doing Mountain Mayhem this weekend? I am (not solo mind!).
Result = bent seat rails, bent XT mech, destroyed hanger, bent dropout on frame itself, snapped chain.

Good laugh.
Old 24th Jun 2008, 21:52   #208
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Result = bent seat rails, bent XT mech, destroyed hanger, bent dropout on frame itself, snapped chain.

Good laugh.
Good weekend then
Old 24th Jun 2008, 22:00   #209
RTT
#parp

Quote:

Good laugh.
And i thought my broken BB was bad (not MM related)

while investigating some creaks i noticed lateral movement in my cranks
Old 25th Jun 2008, 00:24   #210
DarkReaper
Alignment: Sarcastic Good

DarkReaper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Could be worse, RTT. I've taken the bike in to the FLBS and discovered that in the drive-side BB cup there was precisely one bearing and lots of little metal pieces...

I tend to go through BBs in 3 months or so. Considering getting a ceramic one next
Old 25th Jun 2008, 13:27   #211
Clocked
Yar! It be drivin' me nuts...

Clocked has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hey folks discovered these cycles over on Wired, there's actually a few decent looking ones there, my favourite being the Cube Urban Street Concept, I'm betting its rather rapid when it comes to road races etc...

XBL ID: Cl0cked; Game I iz playin are Halo:Reach

Last edited by Clocked; 25th Jun 2008 at 13:30. Reason: added a link for the bike
Clocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jun 2008, 02:53   #212
orb
satisfying.

orb has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i think i can join in this thred

a little while ago, handlebars were a bit too thin for me so i picked up some ones

perfect 29.5" wide. the gear cable is now cut shorter and im trying to get some new fittings to cut my rear one down too

was going to get some new brakes (formula the ones) but cracking my helmet on a tight tree in vallnord has made me spend the money elsewhere, planning to get some goodridge pads when they become available to liven up my brakes
Old 26th Jun 2008, 05:35   #213
tranc3
ADHD Modder

tranc3 has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltranc3 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

I ride bmx. I'd enjoy having a nice mountain bike, but im spent out between computers and my last bike.
Old 27th Jun 2008, 03:46   #214
Tomm

Nice bike that, orb. Is it the mini-DH or the proper one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReaper View Post
Could be worse, RTT. I've taken the bike in to the FLBS and discovered that in the drive-side BB cup there was precisely one bearing and lots of little metal pieces...

I tend to go through BBs in 3 months or so. Considering getting a ceramic one next
It's ISIS, right? It might be worth cutting your losses and getting Hollowtech cranks. ISIS BBs are overpriced and rubbish. Whereas Hollowtech BBs cost less and last longer. So you'd be spending 15 every 6 months instead of 45 every 3 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTT View Post
And i thought my broken BB was bad (not MM related)

while investigating some creaks i noticed lateral movement in my cranks
Are you sure it's the BB itself? It would be relatively rare for a BB to develop noticeable play in its bearings, but if the BB is loose within the frame you'll get lateral movement. If this is the case then you need to fix it ASAP before riding it, otherwise you run the risk of stripping the threads from the BB shell and ruining the frame. Trust me on this one, it has happened to me
Old 27th Jun 2008, 04:28   #215
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocked View Post
Hey folks discovered these cycles over on Wired, there's actually a few decent looking ones there, my favourite being the Cube Urban Street Concept, I'm betting its rather rapid when it comes to road races etc...
Some awesome bikes on there, but that cube is unbelievable! I would jump on that in a heartbeat, it looks awesome and it's so practical it's untrue!
Old 27th Jun 2008, 08:21   #216
orb
satisfying.

orb has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Nice bike that, orb. Is it the mini-DH or the proper one?
:
It's the proper one. I live in the south west of France and travel to Andorra to ride so a Mini DH just doesn't cut it here. Loving it though.
Old 27th Jun 2008, 09:24   #217
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Nice bike orb.
Old 27th Jun 2008, 10:13   #218
RTT
#parp

Quote:
Are you sure it's the BB itself? It would be relatively rare for a BB to develop noticeable play in its bearings, but if the BB is loose within the frame you'll get lateral movement. If this is the case then you need to fix it ASAP before riding it, otherwise you run the risk of stripping the threads from the BB shell and ruining the frame. Trust me on this one, it has happened to me
Well I don't really know until it gets looked at by someone who has more clue than I do. The cups look tight in the frame and the movement is certainly not in the cups - it's the bearings that seem to move within the cups... if that makes sense. I won't be riding it until it's properly fixed though, i'm not going to push my luck. Thing is I don't know how long it has been like it. I was investigating some creaking (which turned out to be my seat post) and had a look at the BB and noticed the movement. I did give it two fairly big pedal strikes out in Wales, so it could have been that but i'll never really know
Old 28th Jun 2008, 10:38   #219
DarkReaper
Alignment: Sarcastic Good

DarkReaper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
It's ISIS, right? It might be worth cutting your losses and getting Hollowtech cranks. ISIS BBs are overpriced and rubbish. Whereas Hollowtech BBs cost less and last longer. So you'd be spending 15 every 6 months instead of 45 every 3 months.
Actually I think it was an external. I got the old Absolut Cromo which was kitted out with that and some faux-bmx cranks. I'm sure I've gone through about 3 BBs a year...

Now on Saint crankset and still breaking them
Old 1st Jul 2008, 12:21   #220
Clocked
Yar! It be drivin' me nuts...

Clocked has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I found this on the tinterweb and thought it of relevance to the conversation...

XBL ID: Cl0cked; Game I iz playin are Halo:Reach
Clocked is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, bicycles, bikes, education, extreme!!!!, fitness, gnar, leisure, love thy stinky, mtb, mud, real men wear lyrca, roady, say no to skimlinks, shavedmanlegs

View Mode