bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 9th May 2008, 18:23   #21
fathazza
Freed on Probation

fathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishlock View Post
Am I the only BMX rider on here?
i had one in 1988 does that count?

I may be fat but at least I am not Ginger
"The President is no longer a cross-eyed Texan warmonger, unelected, inarticulate, who epitomises the arrogance of American foreign policy" - Boris Johnson
fathazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 18:28   #22
notatoad
pretty fing wonderful

notatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by gar View Post
& likewise
Am I the only roadie here?
i ride road a little bit. i used to a lot more before i moved to the mountains. my road bike fits me poorly though, if i had a proper bike i'd go road riding a lot more.
Old 9th May 2008, 18:41   #23
Seraphim Works
Multimodder

Seraphim Works has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by gar View Post
Am I the only roadie here?
Nope, I'm a roadie, currently on a Lemond which isn't anything too special. I'm eyeing up a new saddle from wiggle at the moment. What I'd really like is one of these....

That'd do nicely...
Old 9th May 2008, 19:00   #24
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim Works View Post
Nope, I'm a roadie, currently on a Lemond which isn't anything too special. I'm eyeing up a new saddle from wiggle at the moment. What I'd really like is one of these....

That'd do nicely...
Wow, look at the chain tension!
Old 9th May 2008, 20:02   #25
Ramble
Ginger Nut

Ramble has yet to learn the way of the DremelRamble has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wiggle +1. I think if you buy from them now you'll also get 20% off some more gear. Plus you get some sweets with the package.
I envy the people that have 1000 to spend on a road bike, all I have is a steel framed mountain bike with slightly better tyres, and I travel a fair distance each week.
Old 9th May 2008, 20:55   #26
FIBRE+
I *am* a Dremel

FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertoad View Post

if this is the bikes thread, i guess i'll ask my bikes question here: what fork should i buy? my old marzocchi z4 has blown its seals so many times i have given up all hope for it. i don't do a lot of big drops or jumping or anything so it doesn't need to take that much of a beating, but i'm not after something super-lightweigh either. i've been looking at the marzocchi marathon. 100mm of travel would be nice. i can probably spend up to about $600, but i'd rather go about 400.

also, if anybody is in the canmore/banff area this summer, send me a PM and we'll go for a ride. there's some really great trails here.
Like RTT said the ths yeas low/mid range RS forks are good, but TBH if you like Marzocchi stick with em, I'm running a set of 08 Marzocchi 4X World Cup on my bike and they've been great so far. They have moved production from Italy to Taiwan but build quility seems fine and the prices have droped across the board, some forks have come in a bit ligter too.

Rock Shox Reeba or Marzocchi Marathon going by what you had before
FIBRE+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 13:27   #27
heh-
curses.

heh- has yet to learn the way of the Dremelheh- has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
You can't fault that bike on the specs but I'd read some rider opinions before purchasing. A bike could have all the best components but if the geometry is wrong for your size/build then it'll be a horrible ride.
Yeah, I'm hopefully going to test ride it in a couple of weeks. I already tried a Specialized Stumpjumper and didn't think much to it, didn't feel right to ride. I was looking at Treks as well, but apparently they don't do test bikes.

Having trouble finding a review on Ghost bikes as its a German make (as far as I know) and doesn't make it across to the UK, so not knowing any German is making googling a bit of an issue
heh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 16:34   #28
will.
A motorbike of jealousy!

will. has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwill. has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I can recommend the Specialized Enduro. For an all rounder bouncy take-anything-you-throw-at-it kinda bike it's awesome. I thought it would take me a good few rides to get into the flow of it, but I'm already going just as quick as I did on my old Enduro. Probably quicker actually because the new bike doesn't feel like it's bearing are made from sandstone

Check out my Last.FM & iToggle & Nav-o-Matic jQuery plugins.
will. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 19:04   #29
notatoad
pretty fing wonderful

notatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
rtt, fibre, thanks for the advice. i went in to the city yesterday to see what various stores had in stock, and ended up buying a fox f80x for $569. it's way better than i needed, but i'm so glad i got it. i just went for a ride on it, and the automatic lockout is incredible. it's totally rigid until you hit a bump, then it soaks up the bump and goes rigid again. and at 3.15lbs, it's way lighter than my old bomber. now i just have to steal my brothers crossmax wheels and i'll have my dream bike.
Old 13th May 2008, 21:46   #30
RTT
#parp

RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quite the opposite of my day then supertoad - got in and decided to investigate why my rear gears were playing up... my (non-replaceable) sprung derailleur mount is bent meaning the whole unit can't rotate around the mech hanger. I've gotta replace the entire derailleur. I must've bashed it at some point as that's the only way it could have gotten bent. D'oh.
Old 14th May 2008, 02:03   #31
FIBRE+
I *am* a Dremel

FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertoad View Post
rtt, fibre, thanks for the advice. i went in to the city yesterday to see what various stores had in stock, and ended up buying a fox f80x for $569. it's way better than i needed, but i'm so glad i got it. i just went for a ride on it, and the automatic lockout is incredible. it's totally rigid until you hit a bump, then it soaks up the bump and goes rigid again. and at 3.15lbs, it's way lighter than my old bomber. now i just have to steal my brothers crossmax wheels and i'll have my dream bike.
Nice

I had a set of the Fox 36 Talas some time ago, they do make very nice forks, you just have to pay that bit extra for the privilege of owning some
FIBRE+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 02:09   #32
Malvolio

Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.

Thats my main ride at the moment. Rather amazing ride, though could do with new wheels (the crossland in the back is taking one hell of a beating and I'm having to rebuild the hub every two days because of it).
Malvolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 02:12   #33
Major

That's a weird bike.
Old 14th May 2008, 09:26   #34
Ramble
Ginger Nut

Ramble has yet to learn the way of the DremelRamble has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That seat cannot be comfortable.
Old 14th May 2008, 14:06   #35
Jipa
Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
Some kind soul (neighbour) had thrown two rusty pieces of **** (bikes) on top of my ride and now the front brake disk is bent.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate this kindness.

Have other BT-riders faced such terror on their bikes? I've kept mine in the bike room(what's the right word) of our house, but it appears that's not as safe place as I thought....
Old 14th May 2008, 15:57   #36
The cheapskate
One custom title before Matty

The cheapskate has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That unless im mistaken is a Giant ACID.

Mate had one. brilliant fun for playing around. we did some drop offs on it last year and it was amazing off road. Just getting to the top of the hill on the dam thing is hard as hell.
Old 14th May 2008, 16:01   #37
Jipa
Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
In the city I live here's a 100 m high hill. It's extremely boring to first walk up 30 minutes and then roll down in 5 minutes Talkin' about bad efficiency. No way in hell I would actually cycle it up, way too much work.
Old 14th May 2008, 16:05   #38
will.
A motorbike of jealousy!

will. has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwill. has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
That seat cannot be comfortable.
I knew someone who had his seat like that on a MTB... That ended quite badly. He had one of those doughnuts you have to sit on for about a month.

Check out my Last.FM & iToggle & Nav-o-Matic jQuery plugins.
will. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 17:01   #39
Malvolio

Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
In my view: seats are not meant for sitting.

At the moment I'm searching for something drastically much smaller so that I can have the seat all the way down, without my knees always smashing into the stupid thing. But anyway, because of the geometry of the frame, that seat angle is just right if you want to sit and take a granny position. Seems a lot worse than it is.

Giant ACID - amazing bikes. Really wish they would start making and selling them over here.
Malvolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 20:12   #40
notatoad
pretty fing wonderful

as long as we're showing off our bikes, here's mine (sexy new fork included)

Tags
advice, bicycles, bikes, education, extreme!!!!, fitness, gnar, leisure, love thy stinky, mtb, mud, real men wear lyrca, roady, say no to skimlinks, shavedmanlegs

View Mode