1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ubisoft caught in Assassin's Creed marketing war

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 12 May 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Just don't patch the game if you want DX 10.1?

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

That is an option of course, but if you want to keep your software up to date as there may be performance improvements, image quality improvements or bug fixes... which of course you won't get with the unpatched version of the game. And that frankly sucks IMHO.

4. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

I'm a bit confused, if you have a dx10 gfx card an 8800 series for example can you play this with dx10 or are you stuck at dx9?

5. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

You can play it in DX10 with an 8800, but you can't get DX10.1 enhancements like AA - the card doesn't support it. High end ATi cards do though.

6. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

thanks. Wasn't sure if the dx10 incremental updates were backwards compatible, dunno why since dx9 was :confused:

7. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

8. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Minimodder

There are many was to apply your influence without actually spending money directly on incentives. It's hard to see how it's too difficult to make the patch selective to either nvidia or ati hardware, and either apply or leave out dx10.1? Failing that, why not just make 2 patches available, for either ati or nvidia cards?

9. koola

koola Minimodder

Just another reason to get a console. None of this DX10/.1 rubbish.

10. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

remembers me when i wanted to patch GTA:SA but i still wanted the hot coffee stuff in it!

and i think it is time for nvidia to make DX10.1 graphic cards....

11. bowman

bowman Minimodder

Haha koola. And in return you get visuals that belong in the 90's along with texture popup enough to drive the sanest man to the institution, along with framerates that belong on gameboys and 720p resolutions stretched to 1080p...

I'll stick with my PC.

12. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

hmm, seems a bit strange that the developers remove a significant benefit for one set of graphics card owners, rather than concentrate on identifying how performance can be improved for Nvidia cards. Surely it would have been better to wait until a patch was ready to fix the problem, without hobbling performance on Ati cards? "Stability problems" sounds suitably vague enough for them to completely remove DX10.1 support.

Oh well, another title to ignore until they re-introduce proper support for my card.

13. coolius

coolius What's a Dremel?

I hope they sort out the stability issues, my game keeps crashing after an hour or so on my 88gt

14. The Infamous Mr D

The Infamous Mr D Minimodder

If it isn't a conspiracy between NVIDIA and Ubisoft, then it's one hell of a convenient coincidence.

And judging from the lack of any definitive information, it does come across as being very suspicious and deceitful from both NVIDIA and Ubisoft.

15. Cptn-Inafinus

Cptn-Inafinus Minimodder

I really do think there is some foul play from Nvidia going on here.

And it really does undermine my confidence in them. As aforementioned, this is <b>no/b> sense what so ever in holding back advances in technology alike this.

16. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

they need to or I should say they better release to types of updates then those who want to keep 10.1 and those whos hardware cant support it, if they cut it completely and the updates dont have it then that will be complete BS.

17. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

if they can take out the 10.1 why not just add a check so that is a nvidia card is detected is disables the 10.1 and leaves it in if an ati card is detected?
    Considering the work to take out 10.1 it shouldn't be much trouble to add that.

18. koola

koola Minimodder

You must be talking about a Wii, I said console :naughty:

19. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

Seen the pop in of any UT3 engine title/GTA4 on 360? Also hardly any games being allowed above 30fps...

20. CowBlazed

CowBlazed What's a Dremel?

How could he possibly be talking about a Wii, that can only do max 480P, no hes talking about 360s and PS3s with 720p to 1080p stretching and lack of memory compared to a PC, making for lots of pop in.

Tags: Add Tags