bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 13th May 2008, 09:45   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Image-based search with TinEye

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/05...-with-tineye/1

Idée Incorporated have launched a closed beta of an image-based search engine which allows you to upload pictures from your computer and search for similar images on the web.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter

Last edited by CardJoe; 13th May 2008 at 09:58.
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 12:00   #2
DXR_13KE
Madeira's banana is the best!!!

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
this has some uses in finding copyright material similar to yours....
Old 13th May 2008, 12:07   #3
TheEclypse
Supermodder

TheEclypse has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well thats a coincidence, I was just playing around with image-based searching algorithms to try and build something.
Old 13th May 2008, 13:41   #4
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
*shiver*

just what I've been waiting for, the possibility to RECOGNIZE every idiot that ever had their picture anywhere in the web....so i can use it against them! *HARHARHAR*

So this is something I'm not happy about.

(future) Employers are going to love it though.

So now what, I go through life with a black bar over my eyes?
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 23:07   #5
freedom810
Supermodder

freedom810 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfreedom810 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I bet google will copy this idea or buy it out.
freedom810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 06:32   #6
ZERO <ibis>
Supermodder

ZERO <ibis> has yet to learn the way of the DremelZERO <ibis> has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Actually site owners should be able to block the spider from using the site. As a result anyone that is trying to hide copyrighted material would just do that. Also some sites might start doing that as an option on some pages to protect the identities of people in the images.

I can only imagine the possible government uses for this software...
Old 14th May 2008, 22:31   #7
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The very nice CEO of Idée has pulled some strings and got me into the beta. Which is nice.

We've also got twenty invites to give away to loyal bit-tech readers, so if you'd like an account check out this thread.
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 19:15   #8
sigmaxxx
What's a Dremel?

sigmaxxx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Very nice. Having options its better.
sigmaxxx is offline   Reply With Quote