bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 15th May 2008, 14:57   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Beyond Good and Evil 2 confirmed

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/05...-2-confirmed/1

Joe just gave a whoop of joy. Why? Because Michel Ancel has confirmed that Beyond Good and Evil 2 is in the works, kind of.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 15:26   #2
Azmat
Minimodder

Azmat has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I played the game when it released on xbox. I truly loved it, the atmosphere was really good and so was the story.
Im glad to hear a second one is in the works. Here's hoping it'll deliver
Azmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 15:47   #3
Darkedge
Supermodder

Darkedge has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
being worked on but not in full production yet damn
Darkedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 15:53   #4
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
Do you always talk about yourself in the third person? That's either over-excitement or a sign of impending madness - or, more likely, a bit of both.

I played the original back in the day but never got round to finishing it. Perhaps I should dig the disc out and give it another whirl before the sequel comes along.

It'd be a damn shame if this game doesn't get a sequel, especially when you compare it to some of the dross that gets sequels (some developers appear to use the first iteration of a game as an extended beta test)
Old 15th May 2008, 16:27   #5
gm_crop
Minimodder

gm_crop has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
No doubt it's a very very good game (a little bit Porco Rosso- no bad thing), but "gut-wrenchingly emotional"? I'm not so sure. I think his crush on Jade has given Joe some very rose tinted glasses. <prepares to have his account deleted>
gm_crop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 16:36   #6
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I really did find it gut-wrenching - I was literally in tears at two points in the game when the orphanage is destroyed and ..not telling..., but that's why I like it so much. No other game has actually had me sobbing except for this one, which is actually quite staggering. Rose-tinted glasses probably have a little bit of an effect, but it is a great game and though the very final minute is a bit of a letdown, the first 10 hours are a through exercise in excellent game design. Ancel deserved the French knighthood he got for the game.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 16:43   #7
devdevil85
Hypermodder

devdevil85 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
My friend has this on PS2. I'll have to play it in "HD" on his PS3 sometime.....
devdevil85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 17:46   #8
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Awesome, I should really get round to finishing it, I enjoyed what I played of it, very fun game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 18:00   #9
Jordan Wise
Baby called to see the boss...

Jordan Wise has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
it on the post-exam list, along with psyconauts and ico

Steam ID:jordanwise
Jordan Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 18:14   #10
Bladestorm
Hypermodder

Bladestorm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Awesome. Awesome game, will be awesome to have a sequel!
Old 15th May 2008, 22:35   #11
stephen2002
Multimodder

stephen2002 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I was incredibly dissapointed when the BGE series got canned in favor of Prince of Persia. I am so looking forward to its return!
stephen2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2008, 00:41   #12
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
best. game. ever. played!

and now a sequel!

BUT, i shall not get my hopes up, as high hopes always ends in disappointment
Old 28th May 2008, 20:12   #13
g3n3tiX
resident frenchy

g3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The Trailer aired on UbiDays...Featuring Payj in a in game engine cinematic....But Jade was seen but not shown precisely.
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=152134 (thread I made about it)