1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News WHS refresh ditches auto-backup

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 19 May 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. neonplanet40

neonplanet40 Minimodder

Im not amused to be honest. I wish i hadnt of bought the OS now. I now have 3TB of backups and storage which can be lost at any minute. Add this to the slow transfer speeds, corruption possibilities and everything else and you have a typical half assed microsoft product where we are all the testing mice.

Not amused. Any wonder ppl pirate software tbh. I wont buy a microsoft product again.

3. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

the way M$ not fixing the problem in WHS is poor, id recommend that you stop useing it and get windows XP - 2003/2008 server so that you do not lose data, use soft raid 5 or just use them on there own and use mount folders (disk managment make 2-3 folders and name them and nount them)

4. stevehp

stevehp What's a Dremel?

The headline is a bit mis-leading from my viewpoint considered they didn't ditch auto backups they ditched auto backups of the backup database. Now the corruption is a bit worrisome I never ran into it with the public beta test, but it's worrisome nonetheless if I ever decide to implement the retail version on my network again.

5. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

The next time someone complains about the linux command line, I'm going to shove that up their...nose :worried:

Tags: Add Tags