bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 10th Jun 2008, 18:28   #1
mookboy
BRAAAAAAP

mookboy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Anyone know anything about laws of dog fouling private property?

As the title.

We have a disgusting neighbour a few doors down, who lets her rat of a dog roam freely up and down the back accessway of the terrace we live in. We've put up a lap fence to keep the dog off our garden as it would shat and piss everywhere. Now however it uses the outside of the fence as a toilet, and it's a delight to sit in the garden and see piss cascading through the panels into our garden.

I want to shoot the little ****er up with rat poison, but I suspect I need to try a more lawful process first. Anyone know where I might stand in terms of using law to stop the owner from letting it wee everywhere it wants?
mookboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2008, 18:31   #2
Glider
/dev/null

Glider is definitely a rep cheat.Glider is definitely a rep cheat.Glider is definitely a rep cheat.Glider is definitely a rep cheat.Glider is definitely a rep cheat.Glider is definitely a rep cheat.Glider is definitely a rep cheat.Glider is definitely a rep cheat.Glider is definitely a rep cheat.Glider is definitely a rep cheat.Glider is definitely a rep cheat.
Electric wired fence works every time
Old 10th Jun 2008, 18:38   #3
dom_
--->

dom_ has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Or....

Talk to the neighbour. They may not know it happens or that it offends you.
dom_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2008, 18:56   #4
tk421
Idiot.

tk421 has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltk421 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
pepperballs.
Old 10th Jun 2008, 18:59   #5
Ramble
Ginger Nut

Ramble has yet to learn the way of the DremelRamble has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Willful damage or desecration of property?
Or, leave some poison you know the dog will eat.

EDIT: This should/is be covered by the Criminal Damage Act.
Old 10th Jun 2008, 19:08   #6
Major

Firstly, the dog might be a little ****er, but it's not its fault, so killing or harming it IMO is a no go area.

It's the owners fault that it hasn't been trained and they also are not looking after it otherwise it wouldn't piss and **** everywhere i.e. daily walks are for shitting and pissing.

I would talk to the owners, but if they are are a bunch of arseholes, then I don't know what laws etc you have on your side.
Old 10th Jun 2008, 19:09   #7
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Personally, I'd just take to picking up the **** in a paper bag and tossing it back into their garden. Put a stamp and address on it so they are sure to open it.
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2008, 19:10   #8
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe View Post
Personally, I'd just take to picking up the **** in a paper bag and tossing it back into their garden. Put a stamp and address on it so they are sure to open it.
Damn that's a good idea.
Old 10th Jun 2008, 19:50   #9
will.
A motorbike of jealousy!

will. has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwill. has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yea, not the animals fault. Give the owners a kicking rather than the animal.

Check out my Last.FM & iToggle & Nav-o-Matic jQuery plugins.
will. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2008, 19:51   #10
RTT
#parp

RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
flamethrower
Old 10th Jun 2008, 19:58   #11
DarkLord7854
Pew pew lazerz

DarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run Crysis
Old 10th Jun 2008, 20:06   #12
mookboy
BRAAAAAAP

This mutt is seriously horrible. It's a really aggressive, nasty, little rat of a dog. I can't explain how awful an animal it is. The owner isn't any better. Hilariously, when the little rodent is barking in a completely mental fashion, she does these stomach-turning coochie-coo type baby noises at it.

I have two things in mind. One, I will attempt to kick the dog at every opportunity. Second, next time it pisses on my fence I will piss on the owners car.
Old 10th Jun 2008, 20:07   #13
DaveVader
Fast Action Response Team

DaveVader can run CrysisDaveVader can run CrysisDaveVader can run CrysisDaveVader can run CrysisDaveVader can run CrysisDaveVader can run CrysisDaveVader can run CrysisDaveVader can run CrysisDaveVader can run CrysisDaveVader can run Crysis
HAHAHA, at the above.

Post it through their letter box with a pleasant note saying "you left this on my property, thought I would return it to you"
Very much in the same vain as Joe's idea, ditch the paper bag though, use a shovel or the like to give it to them fresh.

Origin name: Schizomida
DaveVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2008, 20:08   #14
DarkLord7854
Pew pew lazerz

DarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookboy View Post
This mutt is seriously horrible. It's a really aggressive, nasty, little rat of a dog. I can't explain how awful an animal it is. The owner isn't any better. Hilariously, when the little rodent is barking in a completely mental fashion, she does these stomach-turning coochie-coo type baby noises at it.

I have two things in mind. One, I will attempt to kick the dog at every opportunity. Second, next time it pisses on my fence I will piss on the owners car.
Take a dump on her porch
Old 10th Jun 2008, 20:20   #15
mookboy
BRAAAAAAP

Hows this for disgusting?

I was painting the fence this afternoon. The owner walks past and into the kitchen of another house next door to us, leaving the dog to wander about. Next thing, urine starts squirting all over my hand and paint brush from the otherside of the fence!!! The little git was weeing on the spot I was painting, whilst the owner just left it to it.

Unreal.
Old 10th Jun 2008, 21:26   #16
cpemma
Ecky thump

cpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysis
Quote:
What can I do about dogs fouling the pavements?
You can report the matter to the Dog Control Service. Complaints are dealt with in strict confidence although your name and address will be required for council records only. If you are aware of the details of the person responsible then we can pay them an advisory visit. Alternatively, if you are able to inform us of regular times and descriptions of people and their dogs that are responsible then this will help us in our investigations.

On some occasions, members of the public witness fouling offences taking place and are prepared to make a statement and possibly go to court. If we can identify the offender then we may prosecute them using your evidence. This would be your choice though.
Or do you not live in the UK?
Old 10th Jun 2008, 21:42   #17
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTT View Post
flamethrower
I can't stress enough how much I agree with this course of action.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2008, 22:02   #18
DarkLord7854
Pew pew lazerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookboy View Post
Hows this for disgusting?

I was painting the fence this afternoon. The owner walks past and into the kitchen of another house next door to us, leaving the dog to wander about. Next thing, urine starts squirting all over my hand and paint brush from the otherside of the fence!!! The little git was weeing on the spot I was painting, whilst the owner just left it to it.

Unreal.
Should have dumped paint bucket on it
Old 10th Jun 2008, 22:26   #19
specofdust
Banned

specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Talk to them. Ask them to solve it. If they're nice about it, deal with it if it occurs once in a blue moon. If they're not receptive, buy a powerfull supersoaker. If you see the dog pissing from outside your garden into it, then reciprocate in kind with the supersoaker (I guess you could use water if you really wanted to...). Failing that, sausages with mole/rat/whatever poison in large quantities which comes with a warning on it saying not to feed to dogs. I guess you could simply abduct the thing and slaughter it somewhere else, but that's probably breaking the law.

S'not really the dogs fault, but frankly, who gives a toss?

edit: Also, why did you not kick it extremely hard when it started pissing on your hand?
specofdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2008, 22:30   #20
mookboy
BRAAAAAAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by specofdust View Post
Talk to them. Ask them to solve it. If they're nice about it, deal with it if it occurs once in a blue moon. If they're not receptive, buy a powerfull supersoaker. If you see the dog pissing from outside your garden into it, then reciprocate in kind with the supersoaker (I guess you could use water if you really wanted to...). Failing that, sausages with mole/rat/whatever poison in large quantities which comes with a warning on it saying not to feed to dogs. I guess you could simply abduct the thing and slaughter it somewhere else, but that's probably breaking the law.

S'not really the dogs fault, but frankly, who gives a toss?

edit: Also, why did you not kick it extremely hard when it started pissing on your hand?
If there hadn't been a fence in the way, my foot would have crushed it's skull. Unfortunately I just ended up booting the fence.

View Mode