bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 2nd Jul 2008, 13:16   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Another Resident Evil film a possibility?

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/07...-possibility/1

Paul W.S Anderson, the director of the previous Resident Evil films, has indicated he may be looking to team up with Milla Jovich one more time.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 13:18   #2
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe View Post
Paul W.S Anderson, the director of the previous Resident Evil films, has indicated he may be looking to team up with Milla Jovich one more time.
Nothing to do with the fact that she's his missus, of course. Oh, no. The massive fee she'll get is merely co-incidental.
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 13:21   #3
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Bauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run Crysis
Ah Doom wasn't that bad. Had it come out yet been nothing about the game, I think people would have enjoyed it a bit more.

Not seen the last Res Evil. Given the second film had one good scene (Nemesis vs. Marshalls), I didn't hold much hope for the second.
Bauul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 13:21   #4
Timmy_the_tortoise
International Man of Awesome

Timmy_the_tortoise has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Never watched the other films.. Never particularly interested, despite being told they are (for the most part) decent films.

I'd REALLY like to see Postal though, after having seen the intro on youtube and reading the synopsis on wikipedia, it looks like one of the funniest films ever. Uwe Boll is like Tim Westwood, you REALLY mustn't take him seriously.
Q6600 @ 2.40GHz w/G0|Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R|2GB Crucial 667MHz DDR2|Powercolor Radeon HD4850|Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB|Scythe Ninja Mini|LG Blu-ray/HD DVD/DVD-RW Combo Drive|Corsair TX650W|Antec NSK2480
Pioneer VSX-417|2x Gale 3010|2x Yamaha NSP110| MS304W Centre | MS308 Subwoofer
Timmy_the_tortoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 13:26   #5
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If they kept the story of the games the films wouldn't have sucked.

If he's going to make another film, do the original, properly. The game story is far, far more interesting than the re-hash crap of the films.
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Jack_Pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 13:27   #6
Mister_Tad
Serious about coffee

Mister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Considering the ending of the last one, a sequel is a daft proposition.

I mean, I like Milla just as much as the next guy, but that may be a bit much.

Last edited by Mister_Tad; 2nd Jul 2008 at 13:34.
Mister_Tad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 13:39   #7
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
It makes no sense, given what happened in 3. The badguys would have to be even bigger and even more powerful. Which would just look stupid.

As for sticking to the story, of the games, though, I don't see that as a particularly viable option for game>movie translations. The game is designed to stimulate the player in different ways to the film, and although they can both happily feature the same characters, the protagonist of the film is invariably going to be different to that of the game.

What the games fleshed the length with simply won't work well on th big screen. Massive example: Tomb Raider. Puzzle based game. Made you think. Movie? Stared at Angelina Jolies boobs for a bit, and spent most of it mentally switched off.

Resi is much the same. The fear, the puzzles, the camera angle, and so on would simply not translate to the big screen. Fear is probably the easiest thing to translate between the formats, but these days, we've seen it all, we're very rarely scared anymore.

That reads pretty ramble-y, but I swear there's sense in it somewhere!
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 13:48   #8
Almightyrastus
Engineering the awesome

Almightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I have to agree on the story, sure they are fun, no-brainer fluff and reasonably enjoyable to watch but there should have been a lot more done with the mansion, there would have been great scope for zombie suspense and bits to make the audience jump with the enclosed nature of the mansion.
Lo there do I see my Father. Lo there do I see my Mother, and my Sisters and my Brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.
Almightyrastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 13:51   #9
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almightyrastus View Post
I have to agree on the story, sure they are fun, no-brainer fluff and reasonably enjoyable to watch but there should have been a lot more done with the mansion, there would have been great scope for zombie suspense and bits to make the audience jump with the enclosed nature of the mansion.
Absolutely - The story was far from perfect, but it's not like it was as bad as, say, National Treasure 2. They could have done a LOT more with the mansion, I agree, but now they've moved on from that setting, I imagine it'd be hard to go back to it, as only the players of the game will be aware of the Mansion being pretty.. Prominent in most of the characters story. Everyone else would either be confused or bored, slating it as having repeated the first movie.
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 13:55   #10
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almightyrastus View Post
Spot on!
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Jack_Pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 14:09   #11
Paradigm Shifter
de nihilo nihil fit

Paradigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the DremelParadigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Doom's OK. Not great, but it's a lot better than I expected it to be. Resident Evil 1 was pretty decent, all things considered, but the second and third... I couldn't maintain suspension of disbelief, which means the films failed on the first hurdle.
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 14:18   #12
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I enjoyed the first 2 movies, the third film just didn't feel finished the survivors got on the copter and flew off with no closure on what happened to them. The army of Alice clones (left till the next one I suppose) and the (slightly) more inteligent zombies (wee, I can use a camera and a phone but keep the kids shape sorter out of reach) weren't really used.

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 14:49   #13
BlackMage23
RPG Loving Freak

BlackMage23 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Res one was the only half decent film out of the lot.
Given the fan reaction and the fact that capcom decided to make the next Res film themselfs (using CG) probably rules this out.
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 15:02   #14
Firehed
Why not? I own a domain to match.

Firehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I liked all three, and rank them same as the order they came out. I'd see a fourth if one came out, but not with high expectations.
MacPro @ 8x2.8GHz, 10GB FBDDR2, 3TB HD :: MBP @ 2x2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HD
Firehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 17:00   #15
Vash-HT
Multimodder

Vash-HT has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thought the first one was pretty good. Thought the 2nd one was terrible so I never saw the third, really doubt I would go see a 4th one.
Vash-HT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 18:50   #16
Bionic-Blob
Multimodder

Bionic-Blob has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
didn't even know there was a third o0
Bionic-Blob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 19:17   #17
ssj12
Hypermodder

ssj12 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The third was considered one of the worst? imho it went 2, 3,1 in quality.
ssj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 19:48   #18
mikeuk2004
What you Looking at Fool!

mikeuk2004 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmikeuk2004 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great films and id welcome another.
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 21:22   #19
Goty
Supermodder

Goty has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I actually liked all three of the movies. As far as video game movies go, even the second one was good.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 21:36   #20
Bluephoenix
Spoon? What spoon?

Bluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for president
if someone HAS to go and make a movie from a game i'd suggest F.E.A.R.

it has enough gray areas and twists that you could keep to the story without making it droll, by focusing on events and people and the things that happened outside the main character's area and perspective. also going into more of the backstory would give it enough depth to make it truly interesting.
Bluephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote