bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 23rd Jul 2008, 13:01   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Ubuntu to include enterprise Java

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/07...erprise-java/1

Comments by Canonical staff at OSCON lead to the belief that future versions of the popular Ubuntu distribution will include a full Java Enterprise Edition framework out of the box.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jul 2008, 15:16   #2
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe View Post
Yawn? YAWN? I spent hours writing that!

Well, an hour. Well, half an hour.

Alright, several minutes at least.
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jul 2008, 18:44   #3
Cupboard
I'm not a modder.

Cupboard has yet to learn the way of the DremelCupboard has yet to learn the way of the DremelCupboard has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

It has taken me this long to work out the naming pattern for Ubuntu
It all makes so much sense now, 8.04 came out in the fourth month of 2008. I feel like such a retard
Old 23rd Jul 2008, 20:17   #4
TomH
Bwahahahahaha

TomH has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupboard View Post

It has taken me this long to work out the naming pattern for Ubuntu
It all makes so much sense now, 8.04 came out in the fourth month of 2008. I feel like such a retard
Even Torvalds liked it enough to comtemplate switching the kernel releases to a similar scheme of nomenclature, which I guess they may still do.
Old 24th Jul 2008, 12:23   #5
Zut
Multimodder

Zut has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is great news... Really really great news!! However I wish it was for a more enterprisey flavour of Linux. I doubt my bosses would allow Ubuntu onto our servers at work.

One of the worst things about creating a Java EE application server based on RHEL or something is that you have to remove the crappy OSS Java implementations, which is always a PITA and feels like it ought to be unnecessary.
Zut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jul 2008, 19:03   #6
miksuh
What's a Dremel?

miksuh has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well...

Tomcat is officially in Debian 4.0 'Etch' which was released last year.

Glassfish JBoss and Tomcat are all already in the Debian 5.0 'Lenny' repositories. Tomcat is in the main-repository, JBoss and Glassfish are in the contrib-repository. Debian Lenny is scheduled to be released in two months, target is September 2008.
miksuh is offline   Reply With Quote