bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 29th Jul 2008, 10:12   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Activision to cancel Ghostbusters?

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/07...ghostbusters/1

Activision has released a new product schedule, with no mention of Ghostbusters or Brutal Legend, both of which may be lost in the merger.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2008, 10:17   #2
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Old 29th Jul 2008, 10:29   #3
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
..Wait, what?
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2008, 10:32   #4
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
May I be the first to say: **** you, Activision.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2008, 10:42   #5
will.
A motorbike of jealousy!

will. has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwill. has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What the hell....
Isn't that just simply throwing money away?

Check out my Last.FM & iToggle & Nav-o-Matic jQuery plugins.
will. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2008, 10:45   #6
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If they do cancel Ghostbusters I'll boycott every single one of their games, no matter how much I want it. I've been waiting for Ghostbusters 3 since 1990 and I'm now 23. If this is the closest we're going to get to GB3 then I'll do everything I can to get this game.
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Jack_Pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2008, 10:51   #7
Azmat
Minimodder

Azmat has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Oh yeah, surely, "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor " sounds awesome. And the jewels that Crash, Spyro and Ice Age are nowadays, wow-ieh. Undeniably, those franchises are worthier than the likes of World in Conflict, pfew !
Right, let me re-allocate some cash away from these idiots.
Azmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2008, 11:04   #8
The Infamous Mr D
We like beans & cheesecake

The Infamous Mr D has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Of course, it's all about making fat cash at the end of the day.

Current movie tie-ins and established child-friendly franchises - definite market = win.

Older movie tie-ins and non-franchise titles - no definite market = fail.

You can't blame them really, they're struggling financially as it is and need some solid sellers to prop up the coffers.

But I shed a tear for GB3 :*-(

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2GHz, Asus P5E, Patriot Viper 4GB PC2-6400 DDR2, XFX Radeon HD5870 1GB
2x Maxtor DiamondMax 21 80GB in RAID 0, PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 PSU, all in a Coolermaster Cosmos PURE
The Infamous Mr D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2008, 11:15   #9
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I was looking forward to GB and Chronicles of Riddick

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2008, 11:22   #10
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
If Brutal Legend gets cancelled then there will be a reckoning.

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 29th Jul 2008, 11:26   #11
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
activation blizzazd struggling for cash ? MR D i think you will find you are wrong there., Some of the developers who publish through them might be though

world in conflict enough highly rated wasnt a great seller.

crash and spyro have sold millions and millions of copys across every platform they were released on.
rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2008, 11:49   #12
Mister_X
Chaotic Neutral

Mister_X has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Very dissapointing. Looks like they have decided to target the Film tie in vapid market instead of people wha actually play games for enjoyment.
Mister_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2008, 11:50   #13
craigey1
Ultramodder

craigey1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I can't see how making the ghostbusters game couldn't be worth the time & money they put in. surely, by the number of people who seem to be eagerly awaiting this game they would have a significant estimated profit margin.
craigey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2008, 11:56   #14
UncertainGod
Ultramodder

UncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the DremelUncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the DremelUncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the DremelUncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
After I saw the the Ghostbusters E3 video I was really interested in it as a game and it seemed to get great feedback with other as well so this is just a special kind of retarded.

PSN ID: Sp4rkR4t
UncertainGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2008, 11:56   #15
Mentai
Hypermodder

Mentai has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You would think they'd let these games be finished first, none of them seemed more than a year off =/
It's kinda slack considering how much money Activision has.
Mentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2008, 12:17   #16
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
oh damn this is disappointing. it's pretty clear that activendi are just choosing the games that make the most cash and not the best quality. those brands they're keeping on are big recognizable brand names, wise and sell well to casual gamers.

Oddly this is totally goes against what EA are telling us now!
"If we make the best games, they'll sell really well, and we'll be really profitable."

i'm surprised at the dropping of ghostbusters though. that would have raked in a bomb. i suspect that during development they've realised that the quality of the game is a bit mediocre (this is going by the videos we've seen so far, which show pretty standard fare gaming)

and they're definately not struggling for cash. they're HUGE.
Old 29th Jul 2008, 12:27   #17
WILD9
Been here aaaaages

WILD9 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What a great move, who needs new IP anyway, Its not like anyone will ever get fed up with the endless iterations of spyro and crash bandicoot just like james pond is still a great franchise, oh wait......

Looks like we have another EA in the making
Old 29th Jul 2008, 12:54   #18
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD9 View Post
Looks like we have another EA in the making
Ironically, just as EA seem to be moving away from that business model...
Old 29th Jul 2008, 13:01   #19
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

There's a season for everything it seems.

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 29th Jul 2008, 13:10   #20
Timmy_the_tortoise
International Man of Awesome

Timmy_the_tortoise has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Oh no! Not 50 Cent: BotS...

I was really looking forward to that.
Q6600 @ 2.40GHz w/G0|Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R|2GB Crucial 667MHz DDR2|Powercolor Radeon HD4850|Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB|Scythe Ninja Mini|LG Blu-ray/HD DVD/DVD-RW Combo Drive|Corsair TX650W|Antec NSK2480
Pioneer VSX-417|2x Gale 3010|2x Yamaha NSP110| MS304W Centre | MS308 Subwoofer
Timmy_the_tortoise is offline   Reply With Quote