Analog Hand Watch 212 60.40%
Digital Hand Watch 42 11.97%
Digital + Analog 30 8.55%
don't wear one 67 19.09%
Voters: 351. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1st Aug 2008, 00:08   #21
ozstrike
yip yip yip yip

ozstrike has yet to learn the way of the Dremelozstrike has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hate to say it, but the ones posted, apart from smashie's, are awful.

I want a Panerai, or a Stowa Flieger. Saving up

Should probably have a vote on Automatic/Manual/Quartz etc

Current one:

Last edited by ozstrike; 1st Aug 2008 at 00:14.
ozstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2008, 00:15   #22
Charel
Multimodder

Charel has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashie View Post

But then I am biased

The reason i don't own a watch, is beacause i haven't the money to buy an old breitling.

until that day, i'll use my phone.
Charel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2008, 00:49   #23
Techno-Dann
Disgruntled kumquat

Techno-Dann has yet to learn the way of the DremelTechno-Dann has yet to learn the way of the DremelTechno-Dann has yet to learn the way of the DremelTechno-Dann has yet to learn the way of the DremelTechno-Dann has yet to learn the way of the DremelTechno-Dann has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioSniper View Post
I prefer my Binary watch, but I guess you class that as Digital.
QFT.
Techno-Dann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2008, 00:52   #24
MShort
putting the "i" in team

MShort has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Citizen WR100 Eco Drive, i don't wear it daily for i use my cell phone, but for dinner and such ill put it on because it not as rude to check your wrist as rummaging around your pocket for your cell phone to check the time.

I have no clue what Eco drive is... but I like the ti

MShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2008, 03:43   #25
Dizman
Multimodder

Dizman has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

A little beat up, but it's more useful on my wrist than in the box.
Dizman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2008, 04:15   #26
W-fault
Otherwise known as widefault

W-fault has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

1982 US Military issue made by Hamilton. Not the greatest watch, 7 jewel movement, spots on the dial, scratches in the crystal, ugly green nylon bad, etc., but it's 26 years old and still keeps good time. It was also much cheaper than a "real" Hamilton.

This is actually the second one I've had. The first was made in 1978, I got it in ~1990 and wore it for about 10 years before it died from much abuse. That one had a horribly cracked crystal, missing second hand, all the glowy bits had rotted out of the hands, and it had been run over by a truck. Of course, what finally killed it was a fall onto carpet from about 4 feet. Been trying to find a trustworthy repair place locally, but no one wants to tackle it.

I need to find my mom's old checkerboard Timex and my Nixon watch then send all three off for repair.
W-fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2008, 04:36   #27
chrisb2e9
Dont do that...

chrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerKing View Post
WOW Man I love that watch!!!! I can't wait to see photo with your hand. I really want to see it with hand

how much u paid for it then
I got it 35% off so it was only around 500. But because the watch that broke was from my girlfriend and my girlfriend left me. I wanted to replace it with something better. much better. and the girl I bought it from was pretty nice looking too so that helped push me towards buying it!
Pic tomorrow when I get home.
chrisb2e9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2008, 07:27   #28
Journeyer
Mod Master

Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Analogue wrist-watch all the way!

I've got this one (the picture has been snatched from the interwebs as I do not have my photobucket account at work, and this picture really does not do it justice). It is fully automatic and see-through, so I can actually watch the internal mechanisms as they are ticking away. I quite love it.

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX || FX-8150BE || 16Gb Corsair DDR3 1866Mhz || 2xGTX285 SLI || 2xOCZ Agility 3 120Gb RAID0 for OS
Journeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2008, 09:20   #29
antiHero
ReliXmas time!

antiHero has yet to learn the way of the DremelantiHero has yet to learn the way of the DremelantiHero has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Digital for me. Got this one. Pic is from there web site as my cam is at my buddies place. Awesome watch IMO and really easy to read when you understand the system.

antiHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2008, 10:57   #30
itazura
PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

itazura has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
here's mine -- fairly cheap (cost me 60 when i got it) but sexy as:

fossil jr-8123.

before that i just used to buy g-shocks. i had two that lasted me a combination of nine years.
itazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2008, 11:38   #31
Hex
Paul?!

Hex can run CrysisHex can run CrysisHex can run CrysisHex can run CrysisHex can run CrysisHex can run CrysisHex can run CrysisHex can run CrysisHex can run CrysisHex can run Crysis
I prefer digital because I can tell the exact time, to seconds, at a glance. Which I just can't do with analogue. However, my watch isn't really just digital... but it isn't normal analogue either. It only has one hand and I really want some more of these Russian style 24hr 1 handed watches! Love my Yes! watch to pieces - it has Kundalini Time!

Bit of a rubbish old pic, so here's what the face looks like:

I often wear a Nixon Barretta too (with the black straps), gets quite a lot of complements when people realise it isn't just a bracelet.

Resident AC:Brotherhood fangirl.

YouTube | AC:BH on XBL/PC as HexyWoo | RockBand | ScoreHero | Raptr | xbl | Steam | Twitter | Get some free food!

Last edited by Hex; 1st Aug 2008 at 12:03. Reason: Stupid spellchecker missed that one...
Hex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2008, 11:45   #32
ComputerKing

ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
WOW Hex You have some pimpin Watches there !!!

The King Of CK Appreciation Society Group
ComputerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2008, 11:48   #33
modgodtanvir
Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

modgodtanvir has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Awesome watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Tad View Post
I'd love to have a 6 figure sum at my disposal to build up a proper collection... Baume et Mercier Hampton Square, vintage Rolex Daytona Cosmograph, Zenith Chronomaster El Primero, vintage Monaco Heuer, IWC Pilot... make me go all fuzzy inside.
Oooh, the watch holy grail... my uncle has an original Monaco - his is beat up though...

Anybody here been to Baselworld?
modgodtanvir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2008, 11:50   #34
Mighty Yoshimi
Motormouth

Mighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I got the lotus type 1 somewhere, kinda sore to wear tho.... i'll post a pic if i find it
Old 1st Aug 2008, 11:50   #35
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I don't wear one anymore.

I used to find watches ungodly uncomfortable, now though, I use my phone/iPod. Other than that, I just guess at the time and hope I'm right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex View Post
I often wear a Nixon Barretta too (with the black straps), gets quite a lot of complements when people realise it isn't just a bracelet.
Complaints?

To say I'm confused would be an understatement.
2008 Mondeo estate
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506

Last edited by Hex; 1st Aug 2008 at 12:02. Reason: Because I can fix typos...
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2008, 12:01   #36
Hex
Paul?!

Hex can run CrysisHex can run CrysisHex can run CrysisHex can run CrysisHex can run CrysisHex can run CrysisHex can run CrysisHex can run CrysisHex can run CrysisHex can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal View Post
Complaints?

To say I'm confused would be an understatement.
Errr... no, definitely complements. I get told at least once every weekend I wear it "oh wow, that's a watch! I thought it was just a bracelet. That's cool." So, that is a com-ple-ment...

Resident AC:Brotherhood fangirl.

YouTube | AC:BH on XBL/PC as HexyWoo | RockBand | ScoreHero | Raptr | xbl | Steam | Twitter | Get some free food!
Hex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2008, 12:06   #37
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex View Post
Errr... no, definitely complements. I get told at least once every weekend I wear it "oh wow, that's a watch! I thought it was just a bracelet. That's cool." So, that is a com-ple-ment...
..I need to get my brain checked - I've been reading the wrong words all damn day.
2008 Mondeo estate
Old 1st Aug 2008, 12:07   #38
modgodtanvir

liratheal has had too much 'pussy'
Old 1st Aug 2008, 12:08   #39
liratheal
Sharing is caring

Quote:
Originally Posted by modgodtanvir View Post
liratheal has had too much 'pussy'
Or, as the case may be, not enough!
2008 Mondeo estate
Old 1st Aug 2008, 12:09   #40
modgodtanvir

Oh yeah, you can never have enough 'pussy'...

View Mode