Analog Hand Watch 208 59.94%
Digital Hand Watch 42 12.10%
Digital + Analog 30 8.65%
don't wear one 67 19.31%
Voters: 347. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1st Aug 2008, 19:52   #61
lcdguy
Mod Master

lcdguy has yet to learn the way of the Dremellcdguy has yet to learn the way of the Dremellcdguy has yet to learn the way of the Dremellcdguy has yet to learn the way of the Dremellcdguy has yet to learn the way of the Dremellcdguy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamtd11 View Post
wow now that rules, shame i dont have 477.68 for a new watch

don't forget import taxes and duty.
Old 1st Aug 2008, 20:46   #62
teamtd11
*Custom User Title*

teamtd11 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelteamtd11 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelteamtd11 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelteamtd11 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelteamtd11 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
yup, i think my fusion cost me double the price it was after paying that, free postage come at a price
teamtd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2008, 21:21   #63
chrisb2e9
Dont do that...

chrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysis
here we go, pic of it on my arm. crappy camera though, doesn't do it justice.
chrisb2e9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2008, 21:29   #64
ComputerKing

ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
WOW chrisb2e9 I really fall in love with your watch. It's exactly my style. Big and Shiny, I LOVE IT! Good choice that you bought it

When I want to buy a watch after my ORIENT that looks like yours I will go with yours for sure.

The King Of CK Appreciation Society Group
ComputerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2008, 22:32   #65
chrisb2e9
Dont do that...

chrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysis
Glad you like it. Wish I still had a better camera. Why did i buy it for my girlfriend and not for me?
Old 1st Aug 2008, 23:40   #66
dragon2309
electronic

dragon2309 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
no camera at the moment, but this is mine.

love it

Currently under development :: Multi-use code-keypad driven electrical switching lock (enquire within) - |||||||||| 70%
dragon2309 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2008, 00:54   #67
will.
A motorbike of jealousy!

will. has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwill. has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

Solar power! Yay!

Apparently, the way I wear my watch on my right hand and with the face on the wrong side of my wrist is weird. I just find it more comfortable to wear and look at.

Check out my Last.FM & iToggle & Nav-o-Matic jQuery plugins.
will. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2008, 01:45   #68
hitman012
Super Moderator

hitman012 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhitman012 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhitman012 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex View Post
Errr... no, definitely complements. I get told at least once every weekend I wear it "oh wow, that's a watch! I thought it was just a bracelet. That's cool." So, that is a com-ple-ment...
It's actually a com-pli-ment

Edit: And just so this post isn't entirely pedantic:

Last edited by hitman012; 2nd Aug 2008 at 01:52.
hitman012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2008, 02:02   #69
ozstrike
yip yip yip yip

ozstrike has yet to learn the way of the Dremelozstrike has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That's nice hitman, how much was it?
I much prefer automatic watches over quartz movements. While less accurate, they are generally found in better quality watches, and you never need to replace the battery.
Old 2nd Aug 2008, 05:39   #70
outlawaol
Geeked since 1982

outlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysis
Ive got a Citizen eco-drive watch, totally stainless steel. I had digital watches for a long time, but these citizens wear very nicely. I made my decision from my brothers watch that he had for nearly 6 years and didnt look worn out at all. Im very pleased with this watch.

This is about how it looks. Except it starts at the number 12 and every other number is displayed. It took me awhile to get used to its weight, as digital stuff feels light and plasticy.

This thing only cost $100 too, so not a bad price for a real nice movement.
Old 2nd Aug 2008, 06:10   #71
Hex
Paul?!

Hex can run CrysisHex can run CrysisHex can run CrysisHex can run CrysisHex can run CrysisHex can run CrysisHex can run CrysisHex can run CrysisHex can run CrysisHex can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman012 View Post
It's actually a com-pli-ment
Gah! I spelt it that way first. Then when I got the complaints reply I looked it up thinking it might be a sarcastic post on my bad spelling. Found complements but no compliments so changed it everywhere!! GAH!!

Resident AC:Brotherhood fangirl.

YouTube | AC:BH on XBL/PC as HexyWoo | RockBand | ScoreHero | Raptr | xbl | Steam | Twitter | Get some free food!
Hex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2008, 06:25   #72
chrisb2e9
Dont do that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex View Post
Gah! I spelt it that way first. Then when I got the complaints reply I looked it up thinking it might be a sarcastic post on my bad spelling. Found complements but no compliments so changed it everywhere!! GAH!!
lol
Old 2nd Aug 2008, 10:01   #73
K

K has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
80s Casio all the way. You know the ladies love it.

Old 2nd Aug 2008, 13:40   #74
Senny
Modder

Senny has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

Was a 21st birthday present. Tag Heuer Formula 1 model. I like it
Senny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2008, 20:02   #75
hitman012
Super Moderator

hitman012 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhitman012 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhitman012 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozstrike View Post
That's nice hitman, how much was it?
I've had it for ages now but IIRC it was about 30 quid from Amazon of all places.

Edit: In fact, here it is.
Old 2nd Aug 2008, 21:03   #76
Herbicide
Lurktacular

Herbicide has yet to learn the way of the DremelHerbicide has yet to learn the way of the DremelHerbicide has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've got a Seiko 5 for work and a Solar/Atomic G-Shock for play.

Last edited by Herbicide; 2nd Aug 2008 at 21:39.
Herbicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2008, 21:24   #77
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
I really want one of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Police-Gents...m_cr_pr_sims_i

I need a dual time one because of traveling and I can't stand metal straps - they never fit properly.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2008, 23:43   #78
mansueto
Too broke to mod

mansueto is definitely a rep cheat.mansueto is definitely a rep cheat.mansueto is definitely a rep cheat.mansueto is definitely a rep cheat.mansueto is definitely a rep cheat.mansueto is definitely a rep cheat.mansueto is definitely a rep cheat.mansueto is definitely a rep cheat.mansueto is definitely a rep cheat.mansueto is definitely a rep cheat.mansueto is definitely a rep cheat.
my everyday watch, a simple roots. Looks kinda gold but its stainless steal.

My fancy movado watch that i got for my confirmation in grade 8 (3 years ago) I've worn it 3 times, the day i got it, to a wedding, and to a funeral. It's too expensive to just wear everyday, I'm scared it may break, and it was a gift from my parents. I know when they bought it, it was around 2000 bucks....

Sorry for the bad pictures, i'm no photographer.
Black Momba: i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz | Corsair H80 | MSI P67A-G43 | 8GB DDR3 1600 Ripjaws | 128GB Corsair M4, 1TB Barricuda | 2GB 6950 | Asus PA248 IPS + Acer P243w | Asus Xonar D1 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Seasonic X760 | Fractal R3 | Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid | Cooler Master Inferno
Lenovo U410: i7 3517u | 8GB ram | 24GB + 750GB HDD | 14 inch ultrabook
mansueto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2008, 00:17   #79
ComputerKing

ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Holy Awesome movado Watch you have! dam you worn it 3 times only. That is a kick!

Lol Bindibadgi what a nice police what you put your eyes on

Hitman012 very dam hot awesome watch you have. I love it awesome!

Herbicide I love your seko 5 too. It's cool one.

and lol at K Come on. That watch is old and have no style How the ladies love it?!?! this is confusing. THat is from my own point of view and sorry for any misunderstanding. I just hate digital watches, so sorry if I was rude.

The King Of CK Appreciation Society Group
ComputerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2008, 00:42   #80
Mister_Tad
Serious about coffee

Mister_Tad is definitely a rep cheat.Mister_Tad is definitely a rep cheat.Mister_Tad is definitely a rep cheat.Mister_Tad is definitely a rep cheat.Mister_Tad is definitely a rep cheat.Mister_Tad is definitely a rep cheat.Mister_Tad is definitely a rep cheat.Mister_Tad is definitely a rep cheat.Mister_Tad is definitely a rep cheat.Mister_Tad is definitely a rep cheat.Mister_Tad is definitely a rep cheat.
I understand not wearing an expensive watch when doing certain things, or not wearing it with certain outfits, or even having different watches for different occasions, but having worn a watch 3 times in 3 years seems like a bit of a waste to me. I suppose Movado isn't really an every day style of watch (say opposed to a chunky chrono), depends on what you get up to on an everyday basis I guess.

My watch is probably what most would call very expensive but I wear it nearly every day and have done for around 8 years. Its battered and scratched, but thats what makes it mine. I've half-considered sending it off to get it all polished up again, but the scratches add character IMO. Sure the first few scratches hurt, but after that its all good

Last edited by Mister_Tad; 3rd Aug 2008 at 00:49.
Mister_Tad is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode