Analog Hand Watch 213 60.51%
Digital Hand Watch 42 11.93%
Digital + Analog 30 8.52%
don't wear one 67 19.03%
Voters: 352. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3rd Aug 2008, 02:26   #81
cyrilthefish
Ultramodder

cyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysis
I've never been able to use analog watches, too much brainpower required to work them out when i usually most want to use them (Ie. first thing in the morning mostly)

So Digital-only for me

have had a Casio digital watch for the past 10 years, was unique as it had a tiny vibrator motor like a mobile phone instead of a beeper, very handy.

When it's casing had almost died (plastic, bah, i'd kill for a durable metal housing version of it) i settled for this new one, much the same as my old watch, but with a metal casing and trades the vibrate alarm for the UK-wide radio clock setting utility (ie: updates the time to an atomic clock once per day)

Also it is one of the few watches that adjusts small enough for my wrist, which is amazingly thin :P (i can circle my wrist in one hand making a circle with my thumb and little finger )
cyrilthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2008, 03:08   #82
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrilthefish View Post
Also it is one of the few watches that adjusts small enough for my wrist, which is amazingly thin :P (i can circle my wrist in one hand making a circle with my thumb and little finger )
Yeah, me too. That's why I went to pocket watches. I hated the watches sliding around on my wrist. Pocket is better, Assuming you have a pocket! Must remember the females and the kilt wearers amongst us.
John
Old 3rd Aug 2008, 10:02   #83
Herbicide
Lurktacular

Herbicide has yet to learn the way of the DremelHerbicide has yet to learn the way of the DremelHerbicide has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrilthefish View Post
...my wrist [...] is amazingly thin :P (i can circle my wrist in one hand making a circle with my thumb and little finger)
Me too, but I don't consider my wrists to be amazingly thin. Maybe most people can?
Old 3rd Aug 2008, 12:21   #84
Mighty Yoshimi
Motormouth

Mighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit

There she is
Old 3rd Aug 2008, 12:58   #85
Morgraath
Minimodder

Morgraath has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
my watches:
a Breitling replica (as I am to cheap to buy the real thing) for dressed up functions,
and a Gul for everyday use (needs a new strap).

Morgraath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2008, 13:49   #86
Journeyer
Mod Master

Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushd View Post
That's a beautiful watch - what brand?
It's a Steinhausen Leonardo.

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX || FX-8150BE || 16Gb Corsair DDR3 1866Mhz || 2xGTX285 SLI || 2xOCZ Agility 3 120Gb RAID0 for OS
Journeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2008, 15:14   #87
Orca
BF3: 0rcaGT

Orca has yet to learn the way of the DremelOrca has yet to learn the way of the DremelOrca has yet to learn the way of the DremelOrca has yet to learn the way of the DremelOrca has yet to learn the way of the DremelOrca has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon2309 View Post
no camera at the moment, but this is mine.

love it
What model is this? Been looking to retire my old G-Shock for ages now... quite like the analog/digital aspect of this one
Old 3rd Aug 2008, 17:12   #88
13eightyfour
Formerly Titanium Angel

13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Yoshimi View Post

There she is
i like that lots, probably just me but what is it? i cant make out the logo on the bezel.
13eightyfour is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2008, 17:20   #89
Mighty Yoshimi
Motormouth

Mighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMighty Yoshimi is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanium angel View Post
i like that lots, probably just me but what is it? i cant make out the logo on the bezel.

It's a Lotus Type 1 Watch, i got it a couple of years ago. It's nice to look at but uncomfortable to wear . Cost 175 when i got it

Lotus as in the car company

Last edited by Mighty Yoshimi; 3rd Aug 2008 at 17:26.
Mighty Yoshimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2008, 17:29   #90
13eightyfour
Formerly Titanium Angel

13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.
Now you mention it the logo is obviously the lotus badge
13eightyfour is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2008, 17:31   #91
Mighty Yoshimi
Motormouth

I think it's meant to look like a disc brake....

I think the orange part as the caliper and the silver rim as the disc.
Old 3rd Aug 2008, 17:40   #92
ozstrike
yip yip yip yip

ozstrike has yet to learn the way of the Dremelozstrike has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
For the people scared to wear expensive watches: if you buy a proper watch, it will last you forever (although it may need servicing every so often).
The Omega Speedmaster has been to the moon ffs, and a lot of Breitlings, Omegas, etc are designed for military/diving use.
Old 3rd Aug 2008, 17:59   #93
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.

Swatch Irony Chrono "Toxin", awesome watch, I've had it for years now and it's never let me down. A new strap and 2 new batteries, and it's still going strong, worn every day.
Old 3rd Aug 2008, 18:27   #94
Cupboard
I'm not a modder.

Cupboard has yet to learn the way of the DremelCupboard has yet to learn the way of the DremelCupboard has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozstrike View Post
I much prefer automatic watches over quartz movements. While less accurate, they are generally found in better quality watches, and you never need to replace the battery.
Automatics/normal windups shouldn't be less accurate - after all, if they are of decent quality you should be able to adjust their speed at a proper watch shop.
My dad has had his two for years now, they are both far older than me, one is about 35.

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikkit View Post
Swatch Irony Chrono "Toxin", awesome watch, I've had it for years now and it's never let me down. A new strap and 2 new batteries, and it's still going strong, worn every day.
good good, its is very similar to mine which I hope will last a long time.
Old 3rd Aug 2008, 19:48   #95
dragon2309
electronic

dragon2309 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juppun View Post
What model is this? Been looking to retire my old G-Shock for ages now... quite like the analog/digital aspect of this one
cant find it on pulsars site, but this is where i got it from - http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...&Submit=GO+%3E

Currently under development :: Multi-use code-keypad driven electrical switching lock (enquire within) - |||||||||| 70%
dragon2309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2008, 21:17   #96
dom_
--->

dom_ has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupboard View Post
Automatics/normal windups shouldn't be less accurate - after all, if they are of decent quality you should be able to adjust their speed at a proper watch shop.
A manual/automatic will never be as accurate as a quartz watch. Even certified chronographs are not as accurate.
dom_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2008, 21:54   #97
Archtronics
I *am* a Dremel

Archtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
http://www.teeshirtsrock.com/index.a...OD&ProdID=1370

I really want that watch but I can find it for sale in the Uk anyone know a place I can get it from?
Archtronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2008, 22:28   #98
smashie
Cupid Stunt

smashie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom_ View Post
A manual/automatic will never be as accurate as a quartz watch. Even certified chronographs are not as accurate.
Chronometer not chronograph, a chronograph, strictly, a timekeeper that leaves a written record of its going or the going of an associated timepiece; but generally, a watch with a centre seconds hand that can be started, stopped and returned to zero at will.

Chronometer, well there's a pretty good wikipedia article about it's definition.
smashie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2008, 23:00   #99
dom_
--->

dom_ has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yes indeed i did mean chronometer. Great mistake for a jeweller to make.
dom_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2008, 23:04   #100
ComputerKing

ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Here is my main watch in my arm It looks awesome

I really want this watch but I can't find it locally in Dubai It rocks!!!!!! From Emporio Armani

The King Of CK Appreciation Society Group
ComputerKing is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode