1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AMD: EVGA wanted to sell ATI cards

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 2 Aug 2008.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2. N19h7m4r3

N19h7m4r3 What's a Dremel?

I'd love to have a BFG Radeon. Absolutely great service and products. The warranty is what would grab me though.
    Although at the moment AMD/ATI do really have enough partners.

3. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Business ethics; the biggest reason I have behind supporting ATi.

4. bentleya

bentleya Lian Li Snail :)

i wound love to see this :D but dint asus make ati and nvida cards :D

5. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

I think that the step up program would be good for AMD/ATI.

Also there's no link to the forums

6. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

While I really tip my hat to ATI/AMD for their choice in choosing partners, if anything I'd rather see EVGA than most other current nVidia partners doing Radeon cards. It might be my screwed-up opinion, but EVGA seems like a very serious and quality-oriented company. Again, I might be off on that, but that's the general impression I've had.

7. genesisofthesith

genesisofthesith complete spanner

I wouldn't get so caught up in the AMD spin, if they care so much about their partners they wouldn't be annoying their biggest by forcing them to participate in their sampling program, and then not sending cards to key areas.

8. Sark.inc

Sark.inc What's a Dremel?

<3 my sapphire 4870 <3

tbh, good on AMD, we don't need an over saturated market.

9. jkeyser14

jkeyser14 What's a Dremel?

I've got an EVGA 8800gt right now and I love it. Their customer service is great and so is there step-up program. I would have loved to see EVGA switch sides since I've been thinking about building a new PC in the next year.

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Annoying their biggest? Afaik they, like Nvidia, rotate their launch partners and there's also a global shortage of 4870s.

I sat across from Sapphire's Global Marketing Manager on Friday and he seemed happy enough.

11. genesisofthesith

genesisofthesith complete spanner

Didn't see you at the after event (although I didn't turn up until around 7) ;)

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I left around then (you missed the early fun :p)

13. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

I just wish we would get some better warranties on ATI stuff. Visiontek is the only one with a lifetime warranty I think.

14. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

My idea of GPU heaven? A BFG 4870 OC WC thankyouverymuch!!!!!!

15. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Please don't feed the trolls :rolleyes:

16. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

well the plus side with evga is how much water cooled versions they push so that could be nice but I guess if I had to see a company take on ATI then it would have to be either EVGA or XFX, then again BFG water cooled models might be interesting as well, huh well either way new partners would be neat but I do lean towards ATI whats the point in another card company coming just to use a different sticker... I think we are good now and well I think one of the current companies need to consider releasing a water cooled version of their ati cards unless they have? if so linky please ^_^

17. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

EVGA and BFG doing ATI cards would be sweet. They are both execlent companies pre and post sale. ATI should drop Powercolor and Saphire and bring those class companies into the fold.

Only premier brand for ATI I know of is Diamond, and they don't have a base in the UK :( I want there Black 4870!

18. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

lol well I would consider ASUS and HIS to be more of a "premiere brand" as for dropping a company they would have no need to and certainly not the companies you mentioned lol yes they may not bring the best to what is ATI but they cover the low end and low prices very well so they are needed to make the higher end companies work with their prices so anyhow they would have no need to drop names to add names anyways as they only have 8 I say round it to a nice 10 and call it good, get evga and bfg on board and call it good.

19. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

Agreed, from what I've looked at, none of the ATI partners have the same amount of warranty coverage as EVGA, who allows aftermarket cooling on their cards. EVGA also has a community forum going for them too. I wish more ATI manufacturers(and even more nVidia would work too) had better after-sale stuff like EVGA.

20. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

living in Canada, i have to say eVGA is my favourite brand. with the latest powerseries from ATI, that would be like putting the best of 2 worlds.... cards and manufacturers. yay.

Tags: Add Tags