bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 11th Aug 2008, 12:00   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Seven Critical patches due Tuesday

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/08...-due-tuesday/1

Microsoft is planning a host of patches for this month, including no fewer than seven which address Critical vulnerabilities in Windows, Office, and Internet Explorer.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2008, 12:20   #2
phuzz
This is a title

phuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for president
Patch tuesday used to be a pain in the arse, then I found WSUS and life got so much easier...
phuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2008, 12:29   #3
Timmy_the_tortoise
International Man of Awesome

Timmy_the_tortoise has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
WMP on a server?

EH?
Q6600 @ 2.40GHz w/G0|Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R|2GB Crucial 667MHz DDR2|Powercolor Radeon HD4850|Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB|Scythe Ninja Mini|LG Blu-ray/HD DVD/DVD-RW Combo Drive|Corsair TX650W|Antec NSK2480
Pioneer VSX-417|2x Gale 3010|2x Yamaha NSP110| MS304W Centre | MS308 Subwoofer
Timmy_the_tortoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2008, 14:21   #4
Greenie
Modder

Greenie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Beats me as well. I haven't really used Server '08, but I thought it supposedly being all great and modular, you wouldn't have things like WMP installed.
Greenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2008, 15:37   #5
DarkLord7854
Pew pew lazerz

DarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run Crysis
I wonder what they're gonna do about this:
http://www.trustedreviews.com/softwa...ppable-Hack/p1
Old 12th Aug 2008, 02:37   #6
dyzophoria
Supermodder

dyzophoria has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy_the_tortoise
WMP on a server?

EH?
yeah, but I saw guys who actually just want's to use 2008 server as a workstation, claiming its a better workstation than vista in terms of security (considering vista has also the same kernel in theory), which I think is full of FUD.

Quote:
I wonder what they're gonna do about this:
http://www.trustedreviews.com/softwa...ppable-Hack/p1
the big letdown to that is that the hack can also be used on other platforms as well, it may not be the .NET framework on OSX or BSD, but in a similar fashion all in all, so I think everyone is really looking on to this, not just M$
Old 12th Aug 2008, 10:54   #7
Nikumba
Supermodder

Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
From what I have seen and heard, Win2008 as a workstation OS is much better than Vista, it performs better in things like CAD, 3D work etc since it doesnt have all the associtaed gumpf that Vista has.

Kimbie
Nikumba is offline   Reply With Quote