bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 13th Aug 2008, 09:01   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Dyack: "Too Human is 15 to 80 hours long"

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/08...0-hours-long/1

Dennis Dyack has outlined that Too Human will take players around 15 hours to complete, but much longer if they want to see everything.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2008, 09:43   #2
1ad7
Supermodder

1ad7 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"And to get all the epic loot - I don't even know if it's possible to get everything in the game, it's probably not - not for a single person."

about 100,000 people just got a little excited about that statement.... i have a feeling someone will beat the game with all the loot in 100 hours or less but not me Ill be done in 13 if I ever play it
1ad7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2008, 09:59   #3
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I don't know. To make a game which is only 15 hours long for a first play, but 80 hours if you want to get all the 'epic loot'....that just sounds like a grindfest in the making to me.

If it was 80 hours to see all the story or to complete all the quests (as you might say to describe something like Deus Ex or Baldur's Gate 2) then I'd be interested. To say it like this however has me feeling uneasy.

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 13th Aug 2008, 10:16   #4
Paradigm Shifter
de nihilo nihil fit

Paradigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the DremelParadigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe View Post
I don't know. To make a game which is only 15 hours long for a first play, but 80 hours if you want to get all the 'epic loot'....that just sounds like a grindfest in the making to me.

If it was 80 hours to see all the story or to complete all the quests (as you might say to describe something like Deus Ex or Baldur's Gate 2) then I'd be interested. To say it like this however has me feeling uneasy.
Aye. If it had been put in a "15 hours for main quest, 80 hours for all the side-quests" then I wouldn't be so uncertain.
Paradigm Shifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2008, 10:24   #5
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I.. I think this is going to be one of those 'single player MMORPG' games more than anything else :/

Nearly ten years of work for an 80 hour grind, go team!
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2008, 10:54   #6
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal View Post
I.. I think this is going to be one of those 'single player MMORPG' games more than anything else :/
Except it has co-op. I'm not that bothered about the play time, I'll probably want to play it through with every class so I should get my monies worth. I'm not really that bothered about epic loot, it's there if people want it, if you don't want to do a grindfest, then don't do it, it would only be a tiny portion of the actual content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2008, 11:24   #7
Tyrmot
Supermodder

Tyrmot has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe

Yes ditto, all that extra gameplay shouldn't just be 'to reach the top level'. 15 hours of gameplay for the actual game itself seems somewhat frugal...
Tyrmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2008, 11:54   #8
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

I'd say that in the course of any game the main quest should really lead you through 75% of the content, tbh - if you define that purely as being taken to all the locations and given a chance to accept or refuse most quests. The remainder should be left for dedicated players. It shouldn't be the other way around - 25% for the first tun, 75% of the content is only for dedicated players.

Naturally, there are exceptions in the form of open-world games like Oblivion though...

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 13th Aug 2008, 12:05   #9
proxess
Hypermodder

proxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for president
is it xbox360 only? or is it pc also?
Ubuntu #8076 / Linux #429448
proxess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2008, 12:25   #10
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

xbox360 only

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 13th Aug 2008, 13:38   #11
Redbeaver
The Other Red Meat

Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe
xbox360 only
too bad.
ASUS Z97i-Plus - 4670K - 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA 660Ti - Crucial MX100 256GB - Corsair 250D [Modded]
www.pecelayam.com
Redbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2008, 13:44   #12
Narishma
Multimodder

Narishma has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
For now.
Narishma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2008, 14:10   #13
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

..BWHAHAHAHA

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 13th Aug 2008, 15:09   #14
DarkLord7854
Pew pew lazerz

DarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run Crysis
Pre-ordered

I'm hoping it'll pan out better than HellGate London, because that's what it reminds me most of
Old 13th Aug 2008, 15:13   #15
Bluephoenix
Spoon? What spoon?

Bluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for president
I would maybe rent the game just to see the story, but I wouldn't buy it outright.

I played the demo, and while the graphics are indeed very pretty, the combat system feels clunky and badly thought-out.

for starters, a normal individual cannot slide 10 feet across a floor, impale an enemy, then slide 20 feet in exact opposite direction and hit another one.

not to mention the guns never run out of ammunition.

the camera angles also feel like they were put together by a chipmunk on something illegal.
Bluephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2008, 15:22   #16
Vash-HT
Multimodder

Vash-HT has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
After unlocking the other classes and figuring out the little nuances of the combat system I thought the game was really fun. I don't know if I'll buy it because it'll take up so much time, but I'm definitely considering it.

@Bluepheonix: How can you complain about realism in a game like this, its a really far cry from anything that actually exists, your guy is supposed to be an Aesir or something right? Also their technology is obviously way ahead of ours, who's to say they couldn't create guns with infinite ammo. It's kind of silly to complain about realism with a game like this, its like complaining that God of War is unrealistic.
Vash-HT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2008, 15:48   #17
Bluephoenix
Spoon? What spoon?

Bluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for president
well, I supposed you have a point there, but if you look closely, they are just technologically enhanced humans that are part of "aesir corp." (look on the cutscene where he's talking to the guy with the glasses)

the main thing that turned me off though was that there was really no penalty for dying in the game.

alot of people hate death penalties in games, but don't realize thats the thing that gives the incentive to try harder. just like with bioshock, you can simply take the brute force and ignorance method and just forget about how many times you died finishing something.
Bluephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2008, 15:27   #18
devdevil85
Hypermodder

devdevil85 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluephoenix
I played the demo, and while the graphics are indeed very pretty, the combat system feels clunky and badly thought-out.
Really? I heard the opposite on other forums: that graphics were jaggy and pixelated, but controls were really good. Who do I believe!? (j/k)
devdevil85 is offline   Reply With Quote