1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Age of Conan DirectX 10 content looks stunning

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 28 Aug 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. johnmustrule

johnmustrule What's a Dremel?

Well.. in my imagination it's awesome! and it runs on my computer!

3. Azmat

Azmat What's a Dremel?

Everything about the game makes you want to go and play and love it. Until you're actually there and discover the devs have some incompetent patching priorities.
    The DX10 everyone keeps going on about is just one of the promises they failed to deliver on. People paid for a game, on which a box states DX10, and then find out there is no DX10. Instead, it's delayed until August. Now August is over and DX10 is still not here. Oh wait, sounds like a pvp-system this one game is still missing.

4. osc8r

osc8r What's a Dremel?

Graphics aren't the problem - it's EVERYTHING else.

5. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

I've been playing AoC and have to agree with the above. Quite sad really as it has some neat bits. Unfortunately, they're not enough. With the release of Warhammer Online very soon, it's going to be quite tough for Age of Conan to recover, even with the promised DX10 support.

6. Hg

Hg The game known as life

I own AOC, i cancelled my subs due to soo many bugs etc.
    I hope oneday i can re-play the game once the bugs have been worked out of the game, AOC is a good game but the bugs make it unplayable, fix them and you may stand a chance, as everyone else said graphics are sweet FA without gameplay

7. hawky84

hawky84 SilentModder

been playing the games since release date and you can't beat a bit of axe to face action :D and soon to be in DX10 demolishing glory... even better :)

8. Noostroi

Noostroi What's a Dremel?

When I played it, I didn't particularly notice bugs, more that the tool tips didn't give a clear indication as to how the spells / abilities etc actually worked, and how putting more points into a certain ability would affect its effectiveness.

And it didn't feel particularly "Massive" enough - it felt like a "multiplayer online game" rather than a "massively multiplayer online game", but that's my interpretation of the instancing...

9. Crunch77

Crunch77 What's a Dremel?

Contrary to the above posters, I'm having a great time with AoC, and looking forward to the Dx10 content.

10. bowman

bowman Minimodder

'However, we can reveal that Funcom has created its own custom physics engine using CUDA'

ATI owners, then?

11. Hg

Hg The game known as life

12. roshan

roshan What's a Dremel?

Call of jurez made first directx 10 content.boy it was impressive.But frame rates were bad.I hope this will not be the case of age of cannon.

13. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

pics or ir didn't happen?

14. biebiep

biebiep What's a Dremel?

GPU's are all about programmability these days.
    ATI could just buy a license from Nvidia and add support for CUDA
    Crackers could just "emulate" CUDA on an ATI card (like they did with PhysX)

CUDA has always been the vital thing for me to choose Nvidia though, as it is way easier to implement than ATI's CTM ever was...

15. MrMonroe

MrMonroe What's a Dremel?

It's really too bad they spent time on DX10 instead of on finishing the game.

16. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Advanced Physics effects for Nvidia users only? I'll pass on this game then.

17. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

bah... and i just uninstalled the game and cancelled my sub lol

too bad.

the graphic may be amazing, but the stupid instances and constant nerfing of the class, plus the over simplicity of the story and gameplay... put the nails on the coffin on this game.

18. B3CK

B3CK Minimodder

The game is indeed very, very buggy. The worst part is, there is a memory leak that accelerates in porportion to how high your graphics are set. Max graphics, less then 10 mins game time, lowest settings, 1-4 hrs. I will never ever buy funcom again. Three customer service tickets, I get a call a month later.

19. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

I'm glad that MMOs are starting to push graphical boundaries as the players invest so many hours and money in them (far more than they would in say, Crysis) its only fair for them to have the best visuals possible, hell it might even distract from the boredom of grinding.

20. stoff3r

stoff3r What's a Dremel?

bugs have been fixed now for the most part. You didn't expect the game to be bug-free at launch did you? I play all levels with maximum settings hours at the time and haven't noticed anything. Too bad dx10 mode probably will kill my 4870 :/

Tags: Add Tags