bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 3rd Sep 2008, 11:08   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Peter Molyneux reviews Fable 2

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/09...iews-fable-2/1

Peter Molyneux has oddly decided to go ahead and review his own game even though it isn't released yet, setting a precedent for other developers...

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Sep 2008, 11:27   #2
bowman
Supermodder

bowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yawn. Call me when you get back to making PC games, Molyneux.
bowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Sep 2008, 12:28   #3
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
"We from Toilet-duck advise toilet-duck"
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Sep 2008, 13:55   #4
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowman
Yawn. Call me when you get back to making PC games, Molyneux.
THIS.
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Sep 2008, 15:09   #5
Jordan Wise
Baby called to see the boss...

Jordan Wise has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
that dishwasher review is great

Steam ID:jordanwise
Jordan Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Sep 2008, 17:22   #6
devdevil85
Hypermodder

devdevil85 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
does he need any more publicity?
devdevil85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Sep 2008, 17:52   #7
chrisb2e9
Dont do that...

chrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysis
I trust nothing this man says.
Old 3rd Sep 2008, 21:48   #8
Thacrudd
Where's the any key?!?

Thacrudd can run CrysisThacrudd can run CrysisThacrudd can run CrysisThacrudd can run CrysisThacrudd can run CrysisThacrudd can run CrysisThacrudd can run CrysisThacrudd can run CrysisThacrudd can run Crysis
Quote:
"I'd rate it a 9 out of 10," Molyneux added, when asked how he'd review Fable 2 - though we suspect the one-point deduction is mostly for modesty.
So you call him out on "reviewing his own unreleased game" when he was asked to directly to do so..... You then decide to make up an entire article basically poking fun at him for giving a direct answer to a question given to him? How else would you answer that question?
Thacrudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2008, 00:42   #9
johnmustrule
Supermodder

johnmustrule has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thacrudd
Quote:
"I'd rate it a 9 out of 10," Molyneux added, when asked how he'd review Fable 2 - though we suspect the one-point deduction is mostly for modesty.
So you call him out on "reviewing his own unreleased game" when he was asked to directly to do so..... You then decide to make up an entire article basically poking fun at him for giving a direct answer to a question given to him? How else would you answer that question?
I'd say "Well Mr. Interviewer, that's honestly not my role but really something for the press to decide." and be done with it. Though I think it's pretty obvious he was just having a bit of fun.
Old 7th Sep 2008, 19:28   #10
Maddog09
What's a Dremel?

Maddog09 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Crappy journalism cheesecake

OK, I honestly had to register here just to point out how enormous bit-tech took Peter's "quote" out of context. It also helped in your favor bit-tech when you didn't even put the whole sentence in. Next time do some better journalism.

Here's what Peter Molyneux ACTUALLY said directly from the interview at CVG:

"'I'd rate it a 9 out of 10," Molyneux added, when asked if he'd fulfilled his original vision with Fable II."

Meaning that he's rating it on how close it came to his vision of what he wanted Fable II to be, not what score the critics will give it.

Next time do a better job of reporting news.
Maddog09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2008, 20:16   #11
chrisb2e9
Dont do that...

chrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog09 View Post
Crappy journalism cheesecake

Next time do a better job of reporting news.
ouch.
chrisb2e9 is offline   Reply With Quote