1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Tiger Woods PGA Tour '09

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 6 Sep 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2008/09/06/tiger-woods-pga-tour-09/1

Another year, another Tiger Woods golf game - but is this year's instalment worth more than just a box art update and name refresh? We check out Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2009 to find out if this really is a case of a nice virtual walk ruined by having to stop and hit a ball...

:idea:

2. Nuffenburger

Nuffenburger The Burgerman Can

Loved the old golfing games.
    When capped i always used to play them lol.

3. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Never got into the sport sims, bored the crap outa me. I much rather shoot someone, drive fast cars or slay a mythical beast.

4. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

You know, it's sometimes unsurprising EA churns out endless yearly sequals to games when a game like this, with a 1 year development cycle, gets the same score as Spore, with it's 8 year development cycle.

5. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

I was looking to get TW09 this autumn, but since EA have decided not to reales on PC, I've settle for a cheap copy of TW08. As sign of the times, or just EA being a**holes? Yet again.

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I did think that actually when I was reviewing it and was tempted to mark it down to keep Spore above as it obviously should be. In the end though, this was a fair score and offers entirely different things to Spore. In my mind though Spore is a better game, but too flawed to achieve higher - though it does get the recommended award.

7. Jojii

Jojii hardware freak

I have some fond memories of old tiger woods games where you could change the spin of the ball mid air. does tiger still have crazy mental powers in this game?

8. 5hadow

5hadow What's a Dremel?

yes, you still can .. ;)

9. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

As much as I love Tiger Woods, I miss the old Links 386 games from way back in the day. I still would rather play those if I had PC running DOS still :(

Tags: Add Tags