bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 11th Sep 2008, 10:56   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Crysis PC fully specced

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/09...ully-specced/1

EA has now released the full specs for the Crysis Warhead branded PC, which will apparently ship with Windows XP.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Sep 2008, 11:07   #2
proxess
Hypermodder

proxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for president
was crisis really ever worth all the fuss about it. The pc seems to have nice specs but it'll probably come out cheaper if you mount your own with the same specs.
Ubuntu #8076 / Linux #429448
proxess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Sep 2008, 11:14   #3
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
So you got a DX10 oriented Game and you put XP on it.

Makes no sense at all...
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Sep 2008, 11:18   #4
Star*Dagger
Pan-Galactic Revolutionary

Star*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for president
Indeed Obi-Wan the Force is weak in this computer.

S*D
Star*Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Sep 2008, 11:29   #5
Firehed
Why not? I own a domain to match.

Firehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by [USRF
Obiwan]So you got a DX10 oriented Game and you put XP on it.

Makes no sense at all...
XP probably works out cheaper. Or they just couldn't pull the performance necessary with all of the DX10/64-bit goodies enabled.
MacPro @ 8x2.8GHz, 10GB FBDDR2, 3TB HD :: MBP @ 2x2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HD
Firehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Sep 2008, 11:30   #6
Star*Dagger
Pan-Galactic Revolutionary

Star*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for president
BTW, I'm playing through Crysis now, just started the VTOL mission and everything up until then has been impressive. I was expecting less storyline or immersion, but I have found, pleasantly, that I am falling in love with FPSs again (left after Jedi Knight series, hard to play FPS games without a light saber...).

There is also the question, proxess, of not whether Crysis is worth, but what other development teams will do with their incredible engine. Here is to hoping that LucasArts licenses Crytek2 and make the definitive lightsaber/Star Wars combat sim.

Redeploying to the South China sea Plasma,
Star*Dagger
Star*Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Sep 2008, 12:03   #7
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star*Dagger
BTW, I'm playing through Crysis now, just started the VTOL mission and everything up until then has been impressive. I was expecting less storyline or immersion, but I have found, pleasantly, that I am falling in love with FPSs again (left after Jedi Knight series, hard to play FPS games without a light saber...).

There is also the question, proxess, of not whether Crysis is worth, but what other development teams will do with their incredible engine. Here is to hoping that LucasArts licenses Crytek2 and make the definitive lightsaber/Star Wars combat sim.

Star*Dagger
wait till you get to the aircraft carrier EPIC FINAL BOSS
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Sep 2008, 12:20   #8
Paradigm Shifter
de nihilo nihil fit

Paradigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the DremelParadigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star*Dagger View Post
Here is to hoping that LucasArts licenses Crytek2 and make the definitive lightsaber/Star Wars combat sim.
Oh hell yeah!

It has to be more Kyle Katarn, though - none of this 'prequel' or 'secret apprentice' nonsense.
Paradigm Shifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Sep 2008, 12:47   #9
Lepermessiah
Banned

Lepermessiah has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger
Crysis is an excellent game, it has a hate group for some reason, but don't listen to the idiots, comapred to other linear console generic FPS it is a very good game with great combat and interactivity. People tend to hate on it because they assume a game cannot have amazing graphics and gameplay.
Lepermessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Sep 2008, 12:49   #10
Deadwolf
Minimodder

Deadwolf has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Crysis is the next evolution to minuim specs, EA is trying to push consumers to upgrade there PC or buy new ones that will have a minimum spec as the his machine, so that all future games for the next few years will run on this machine or similar machines with with comparable parts.. it's actually a brilliant marketing strategy that i hope some people will follow, instead of buying shitty wal-mart dell's and Compaq's that run on integrated graphics..
Deadwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Sep 2008, 13:22   #11
Yemerich
I can has PERSUADETRON?

Yemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Crysis is an good game at most. Really nice visuals, nice physics, but the story is a terrible cliche and the gameplay itself is OK at most. Compared to CoD 4 it is a "mario bros" game.

I am not saying the game is bad! "Au contraire". I just think it is not THAT great. CoD 4 is much more involving.
Hades (Best advanced casemod design CP-Brazil 2010)

Take a look on my projects here.
Yemerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Sep 2008, 13:36   #12
Narishma
Multimodder

Narishma has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by proxess
was crisis really ever worth all the fuss about it. The pc seems to have nice specs but it'll probably come out cheaper if you mount your own with the same specs.
This PC is not for the minority of people who can build their own.
Narishma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Sep 2008, 14:30   #13
djDEATH
Habari gani?

djDEATH has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narishma View Post
This PC is not for the minority of people who can build their own.
agreed. looks like a decent spec base machine (bout the same power as mine effectively) and although i could have built mine for less than they're asking for, ~400 is not bad at all for a full featured gaming PC, with a warranty and presumably recovery disks and all that kind of stuff. You dont get that if you're building a machine for your brother who knows nothing about it and calls you day in day out for minor tech support issues.

edit: sorry adrian if you are reading, but ffs learn something
Old 11th Sep 2008, 14:53   #14
wiak
Multimodder

wiak has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
why NVIDIA 9800GT?
a Radeon HD 4870 or 4850 will do way better with AA/AF!
OCZ Gold PC6400 4GB Dual Channel, VelociRaptor 150GB
Corsair 620HX (12v=3x18A, +3.3v=24A, +5=24A)
wiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Sep 2008, 14:57   #15
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
i do plan to pick a copy up once i get back from holiday next week. really enjoyed the original, even the flying part was great fun. and running it max out at 1400x900, very well.

the fact they put XP on it just shows that this PC cannot handle very high.

so what's the point calling this PC if it can't handle maximum setting?
Old 11th Sep 2008, 15:16   #16
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
id call it a reasonable middlepoint to stop people bitching like tards that crysis is **** because they're machines cant run it.
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Sep 2008, 15:48   #17
MgM*
What's a Dremel?

MgM* has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Crysis was or rather will be a milestone in game development tech "at least until hardware catches up to it greedy appetite" till then well i simply wonder why they bother....i mean please, high spec on a $700 machine.... sounds like "advanced" tweaking to me. Not to be too pessimistic tho. just 171 hrs left before Farcry 2 can't wait. Lets hope that will be a better balance of performance, looks and yes "real time graphics".
MgM* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Sep 2008, 15:57   #18
LeMaltor
>^_^<

LeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
There's no screen and speakers? How am I going to play warhead with it?
Old 11th Sep 2008, 17:42   #19
Redbeaver
The Other Red Meat

Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm Shifter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star*Dagger View Post
Here is to hoping that LucasArts licenses Crytek2 and make the definitive lightsaber/Star Wars combat sim.
Oh hell yeah!

It has to be more Kyle Katarn, though - none of this 'prequel' or 'secret apprentice' nonsense.
amen!!!
ASUS Z97i-Plus - 4670K - 8GB DDR3 - Zotac GTX 970 - Crucial MX100 256GB - Corsair 250D [Modded]
www.pecelayam.com
Redbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Sep 2008, 17:43   #20
Jojii
hardware freak

Jojii has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What resolution are they talking about? Did I miss that in the article? I refuse to play at 640x480. Also, does this computer come with warhead or do you still have to drop money on that too?
Jojii is offline   Reply With Quote