bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 12th Sep 2008, 15:50   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
BenQ intros new 16:9 LCD monitors

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/09...lcd-monitors/1

BenQ introduced four new 16:9 'Full HD' LCD monitors yesterday in London and also made some interesting predictions for the monitor market.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2008, 15:56   #2
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Oooooo.

I smell a change of monitors.
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2008, 16:00   #3
WildThing
Hypermodder

WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Yeah, these look rather snazzy, but I think I'll wait for the full Bit-tech review.
Asus P8P67 PRO ¦ Intel i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz ¦ Titan Fenrir ¦ XFX 6950 @ 6970 ¦ 2x4GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHz ¦ 2x Crucial C300 128GB (OS + Games) ¦ Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB ¦ Auzentech XFI-Prelude + Creative T7700 7.1¦ Enermax Liberty 500W ¦ Corsair 650D case ¦ HP 24" LP2475W ¦ Win7 x64
WildThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2008, 16:06   #4
alastor
I Mod, Therefore I Own

alastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysis
Hmm 1080p goodness for £150 sounds great for 360 users like myself.
Old 12th Sep 2008, 16:13   #5
Mentai
Hypermodder

Mentai has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Good god I want one D:
Mentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2008, 16:17   #6
badders
Neuken in de Keuken

badders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal
Oooooo.

I smell a change of monitors.
First refusal on one of the G2400W's then?
badders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2008, 16:18   #7
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm going to build up my collection of 16:10 monitors.

DougEdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2008, 16:27   #8
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Depending how well the 24" performs, I think I've found my next monitor.

During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Jack_Pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2008, 16:41   #9
Xtrafresh
It never hurts to help

Xtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run Crysis
looks very well-priced, i'm waiting for BT to sniff out the catch
Old 12th Sep 2008, 16:42   #10
Mongoose132
Smiles are free-Use 'em :D

Mongoose132 can run CrysisMongoose132 can run CrysisMongoose132 can run CrysisMongoose132 can run CrysisMongoose132 can run CrysisMongoose132 can run CrysisMongoose132 can run CrysisMongoose132 can run CrysisMongoose132 can run CrysisMongoose132 can run CrysisMongoose132 can run Crysis
I'm wanting the 22"
Old 12th Sep 2008, 16:48   #11
TheoGeo
What are these goddamn animals?!

TheoGeo has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheoGeo has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheoGeo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
ooo they're purty. I'm glad to see benq finaly invested in some decent designs
If they perform as well as my current benq 24" then they'll be worth buying...

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
TheoGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2008, 16:57   #12
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I'd be very interested in replacing my 16:10 19".

Out of interest why do pc's use 16:10? Its a bloody pain in several cases.
steveo_mcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2008, 16:58   #13
Hamish
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Hamish has yet to learn the way of the DremelHamish has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEdey View Post
I'm going to build up my collection of 16:10 monitors.
yeah seriously....

they're just trying to push 16:9 so the panels are the same ratio for TVs and monitors
do not want

edit: and at that price they're bound to be TN and so worthless anyway, meh
Hamish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2008, 17:15   #14
TreeDude
Supermodder

TreeDude has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Article
All four also come with HDMI 1.3, DVI and D-sub outputs
I believe you mean inputs. :P
TreeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2008, 17:26   #15
teamtd11
*Custom User Title*

teamtd11 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelteamtd11 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelteamtd11 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelteamtd11 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelteamtd11 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
16:10 over 16:9. If they kill off 16:10 i will cry.
teamtd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2008, 17:30   #16
ChaosDefinesOrder
Vapourmodder

ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.
if any part of your media collection is 4:3 aspect, 16:10 is so much better! With a 16:9 aspect display playing 4:3 aspect media, there's HUGE black bars down either side and a tiny central viewing area!

Sure, if everything you watch is widescreen, or you only watch recent stuff filmed in wide only then 16:9 is OK.

Also, 1920x1200 allows you to play older games at 1600x1200 last I checked, there's no native 4:3 aspect for 1080 vertical pixels, so it's black bars or dodgy scaling all round for 4:3 footage...
ChaosDefinesOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2008, 17:32   #17
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Article
All four also come with HDMI 1.3, DVI and D-sub outputs
I believe you mean inputs. :P
That'd be the one! Oh dear.
Old 12th Sep 2008, 17:52   #18
mrb_no1
Pie Eater

mrb_no1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
ooooooooooooooh, i like the look of them, very nice
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3600Mhz ¦ Asus Maximus II Formula ¦ ATI Radeon 4890 (1000Mhz Core + 1200Mhz Mem OC) ¦ 2x2G Corsair Dom. PC 8500 @ 1080Mhz ¦ Aquacomputer WC ¦ Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty ¦ 150G Raptor, 2x1500 + 1x750 + 2x500 Seagate (SATA2) ¦ Pioneer DVD burner ¦ Lian Li - PC 73SL Aluminium Silent Server Case ¦ Dell 2007WFP 20" Widescreen ¦ Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speakers ¦ Sennheiser HD270
mrb_no1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2008, 18:32   #19
wharrad
Hypermodder

wharrad has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Not a massive fan really, most PC uses work best at 4:3. I understand the move to 16:10 as a compromise with people who want to use their PCs for gaming and media as it's a big market. 16:9 is just a step too far really, driven by economic factors rather than ease of use.

Word, Spread Sheets, Photoshop, the internet etc etc, just will be that little bit more difficult.

But hey, bottom line, it's not too bad if you only use one monitor and prices fall through the floor... If you're a triple head person though you'll need binoculars just to see the screen at the far end!
Old 12th Sep 2008, 19:28   #20
TreeDude
Supermodder

TreeDude has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by wharrad
Not a massive fan really, most PC uses work best at 4:3. I understand the move to 16:10 as a compromise with people who want to use their PCs for gaming and media as it's a big market. 16:9 is just a step too far really, driven by economic factors rather than ease of use.

Word, Spread Sheets, Photoshop, the internet etc etc, just will be that little bit more difficult.

But hey, bottom line, it's not too bad if you only use one monitor and prices fall through the floor... If you're a triple head person though you'll need binoculars just to see the screen at the far end!
Get one with a stand that you can rotate the monitor and they become better.
TreeDude is offline   Reply With Quote