bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 23rd Sep 2008, 12:08   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Ensemble boss speaks out about studio closure

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/09...udio-closure/1

Ensemble Studios' boss has spoken out on how shocking it was when Microsoft closed down the Halo Wars developer.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2008, 12:15   #2
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Bauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run Crysis
It is a shame, they made some awesome games. I know it doesn't mean they necessarilly would do again, it's just sad to see a classic Dev close.
Bauul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2008, 12:40   #3
1ad7
Supermodder

1ad7 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This really is terrible, and Im shocked microsoft would let a very talented man go in Bruce... especially with the new popularity of RTS's
1ad7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2008, 12:40   #4
proxess
Hypermodder

proxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for president
AOE II <3 Shame M$ is doing this. I'd like to see his future plans tho! Seems like a dejŠ vu that is happening all over.
Ubuntu #8076 / Linux #429448
proxess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2008, 12:49   #5
Skiddywinks
Hypermodder

Skiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the DremelSkiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The only bright side to awesome studios getting closed, is that the developers don't quit, and just move on to make more games. We haven't seen the last of Ensemble, or their influences. Even if they are not a group together anymore, it makes me happy to think that the majority of them will still be with MGS.
Skiddywinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2008, 14:31   #6
roshan
Modder

roshan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Ensemble Studios made age of empires right? we played it all night long those days.This is not good news.
roshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2008, 15:17   #7
DarkLord7854
Pew pew lazerz

DarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run Crysis
A damned shame.. This is kinda like Blizzard axing Blizzard North. It's bloody stupid.
Old 23rd Sep 2008, 19:57   #8
Phil Rhodes
Hypernobber

Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Newsflash: running an operation with low staff turnover, high quality output and world-renowned success isn't cheap!

Still, maybe this means less Halo in the world.

I revile Halo for a variety of reasons both rational and irrational.
Phil Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2008, 21:44   #9
freedom810
Supermodder

freedom810 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfreedom810 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I loved AOE3 and still play it.
freedom810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Sep 2008, 08:14   #10
dyzophoria
Supermodder

dyzophoria has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
deja vu? wasnt this the exact thing that happend to force unleashed?
Old 24th Sep 2008, 10:52   #11
Paradigm Shifter
de nihilo nihil fit

Paradigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the DremelParadigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Loved Age of Mythology. The RTS world is a sadder place now.
Paradigm Shifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Sep 2008, 11:36   #12
r4tch3t
hmmmm....

r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
So what? It frees up the developers to go elsewhere and put their talent into games other than Halo, not being a halo fan this is a good thing.