1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News µTorrent Mac alpha leaked

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 25 Sep 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Transmission is an excellent piece of software, uTorrent will have their work cutout trying to eat into that install base.

3. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Dunno why µTorrent is always so hyped - the interface is clumsy as hell on Windows (like all of the other torrent clients) and the speeds are the same. They attempted to take Transmission's nice appearance and then added in a bunch of crap that you don't need and cluttered things up. Unless it's significantly faster, I'll give it a miss.

The search is almost pointless IMO. No torrent site have an API to make a client-based search actually useful (they want those ad dollars, after all), the iframe-style approach is... meh, and if you've got so many things downloading that you need to search in them rather than just scroll through a list, you're probably overdue for a nasty letter from your ISP ;) Xtorrent makes a valiant attempt, but I still find its approach rather clumsy, and there are a number of political issues within the Mac community with regard to it's developer (not to mention that most people have no intention to pay for a torrent client of all things).

4. iwod

iwod What's a Dremel?

Finally the much awaited BT Client for Mac.

Tags: Add Tags