bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 26th Sep 2008, 19:03   #1
mikeuk2004
What you Looking at Fool!

mikeuk2004 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmikeuk2004 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
PSN game sharing and PS3 (de)activation explained

Quote:
When a PS3 is activated under a given PSN account, it can run the software downloaded (purchased) from the PlayStation store under that PSN account. The activation is automatic the first time you log in with a given PSN account, meaning whatever you download from then on will work fine.

Deactivating a PS3 (or a PSP) basically makes content downloaded under a given PSN account unreadable on that system. You can safely try this yourself. Deactivate your system > try launching any already downloaded game (wont work) > re-activate your system > content will now work fine as before.

This is mostly useful when you want to share stuff you downloaded (purchased) with other people. To do so you have to let them log in as you from their PS3s. So you basically have to give them your log in data (email + password). Once they log in as you, their PS3s are automatically activated (hence, by accessing the "Download List" section on the PS store, they can re-download for free and run on their systems all the stuff you purchased). When a grand total of 5 PS3s are activated under the same PSN account, no more PS3s can be activated, therefore you cannot share your PSN account with more that 4 other people at a time.

If, say, you want to share your PSN account with a new friend but have all those extra 4 activations already in place on other PS3s, you have to de-activate one of these so that your new friend can activate his system under your PSN account.

Also note that deleting a profile via the XMB from a PS3 doesnt automatically deactivate it under the PSN account associated to that profile. It has to be "manually" deactivated from the account management page in order to free one of those 5 activations. So if a friend of yours is using your PSN account and decides to dispose of his PS3 system, tell him to do the deactivation thing (log in as you > Account Management > Activate System > PlayStation 3 (this system) > Deactivate system), otherwise you'll lose one of your possible activations. Simply deleting the profile associated with your PSN account or formatting the HDD is not enough.
Just read this on another forum and had no idea it existed or that you can do it. I thought ill post on here incase other PS3 owners didnt know you could share your PSN downloads.
Old 4th Nov 2008, 20:35   #2
T3quilaSlay3r
What's a Dremel?

T3quilaSlay3r has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hi
Have you entered in next problem. So I shared my games with my friend, but when we changed back our accounts all my games were corrupted. What happened I don't understand? I just changed my password back to my own password and my saves were corrupted corrupted
please I need your help
ps. did my friend corrupt my saves when he deleted my account with his ps3...also mine gta 4, dead space and others wont load the game...dead space has the "trophies loading screen" and it says you have to quit the game...wtf
Are all my saves doomed?

Now I know what is the problem.
Sharing games with friend
1.he accidentally deletes my account from his ps3
2now my account says that "you are not playing with your own account. you cannot have trophies"
So is it possible that my friend has MY master account now

Last edited by Krikkit; 4th Nov 2008 at 20:43. Reason: Please use the edit button. :\
T3quilaSlay3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2008, 23:45   #3
sandys
Mod Master

sandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for president
Obviously someone who doesn't read the agreement when you purchase off of PSN, it tells you how many times you can share or not, seems around my way I buy games and share but no one shares with me, bum deal, need better friends
sandys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Dec 2011, 11:44   #4
masterpatfx
What's a Dremel?

masterpatfx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandys View Post
Obviously someone who doesn't read the agreement when you purchase off of PSN, it tells you how many times you can share or not, seems around my way I buy games and share but no one shares with me, bum deal, need better friends
well if ustill have anempty slotfor me to download some of ur games maybe wecouldtrade some games
masterpatfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Dec 2011, 13:55   #5
Throbbi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
It's starting all over again................. the random need to revive long dead threads for no apparent reason.

Dude, seriously, the last post was 4/11/2008.
Worklog - The Amputer!
Throbbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
playstation 3