1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 27 Sep 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Well, this may make a second playthru much more enjoyable.

Also, about your games banner... how the hell do you end up having a 360 controller with buttons on what appears to be it's left side?

3. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I'm glad I didn't get the original collectors edition on release. This will be a great buy.

@Tulatin - The buttons are on the right hand side, follow the curve of the controller. You can see both hand grips.

4. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

Perfect timing.

Sick of the discussions going on at work about this game, some love it and dont care about the bugs whilst others like it but are sick of the bugs! Was going to buy it but after hearing of the issues I decided against it.

Glad I will finally be able to play the game without worryind about all the bugs.

5. naokaji

naokaji whatever

The Witcher is complex? the conclusions of that review are not the first time I heard that, but I cant really agree, Its one of the least complex and most accessible rpg's (among those that are actually rpg's and not just shooters with a rpg tag slapped on) in my opinion.

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Between the multiple weapon styles, monster types, alchemy and talent based levelling system I certainly think it's a notch or two above the average fare, like Diablo or Baldur's Gate.

7. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

sweet! been waiting for this.

8. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Are you saying that it is a notch above the average, like Diablo and Baldurs gate were, or that it is a notch above the average in which the above lie?

And how nsfw does it get? Obviously you are unlikely to be gaming at work but you know what I mean!

Thanks for the review though :) I can see this type of thing happening for STALKER too, its a shame they are rushed out only to be fixed later. In the long term it is a pretty silly thing to do, even if it gets you a bit of money in to iron out the bugs.

9. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Other than the tits on the euro version's cards, the only NSFW parts would be thematic - alcohol abuse, good old social commentary (A knight's sister a whore? Celebration only through blind drunkedness? A confrence of magii ending in petty squabbling over the environmental effects? Pah!)

10. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

Thing is, i've played it through twice, really enjoyed the game but do i really want to play through again? I think maybe i'll pick this up in a couple of years when i've forgotten the story and its £2.99

11. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

I gave up on the first one after an hour, that over the shoulder camera made me feel sick :s

12. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

boobs, naked ladies and evil sorceresses squatting over piles of gore - so pretty NSFW

13. CardJoe

Didn't fancy either of the two isometric viewpoints at all?

14. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

I didn't know you could change :X I'll have to dig out the disc :p

15. CardJoe

You should have to choose a camera angle when you start, after you set the difficulty. You can cycle between them by using F1 - F3.

16. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

well i have the game and the enhanced content which i donwloaded (for free!) ..installation of the enhanced content had one snafoo.. there's a problem with the realtek sound drivers for onboard audio...the forums detail the fix for it however, so thats not too bad.

i must say i give this game a much higher rating that Joe did. I'd say 9/10 for me.. if there was only proper WASD controls so I could turn left and right I'd love it completely.

17. Ausir

Ausir What's a Dremel?

18. knyghtryda

knyghtryda What's a Dremel?

This game is giving my RPG fix now. Haven't played a good RPG for long long time, and after finishing Mass Effect (which was iffy on the RPG side) I wanted something more old school. The Witcher has a great combat system but still maintains that old school Neverwinter Nights style look and feel. I do disagree with the review on one point though. I'm playing the game from the Over the Shoulder view and I think thats the best way to play it. Both the other views have serious camera issue that just end up confusing me. Not to mention the combat from the OTS view is far more exciting.

19. CardJoe

Either way - choice is a good thing. Personally, I found that the OTS view was just too zoomed in when you're wielding your steel sword. Too much of the screen is taken up by flailing elbow for my taste, so I use close isometric.

Tags: Add Tags