bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 31st Aug 2009, 23:13   #121
MrBean
Supermodder

MrBean has yet to learn the way of the DremelMrBean has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hello Guys,
@ Prime: It's been a while!! Jeesh, how many years :flowers: Good to see you here.

@ Burnout: Thanks a bunch, Mate - please PM me your email address, and I will email it out. Of course I am willing to pay for it, if you have PayPal, it's easy - I will appreciate your help
MrBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2009, 08:04   #122
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
email sent
Burnout21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2009, 09:44   #123
MrBean
Supermodder

MrBean has yet to learn the way of the DremelMrBean has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thanx Burnout, I've replied to your email
Old 1st Sep 2009, 16:57   #124
disturbed13
Hypermodder

disturbed13 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
oh snap!
they are plotting against us!
*mental note, need to caputre MrBeans email addy, and read what is going on.......... if only i could *
EDIT: still wouldnt.............. wayyyyyy to LAZY
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanlon303 View Post
The modder in me says whack a hole, fool!
disturbed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2009, 23:18   #125
MrBean
Supermodder

Hehe - no plotting - just one member (Burnout21) giving nother good advice, and a helping hand !
Old 2nd Sep 2009, 03:52   #126
disturbed13
Hypermodder

disturbed13 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
*deceit detected WARNING! WARNING WILL ROBINSON*
ahhh thats good to see
cant wait to see this nice mod finished
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanlon303 View Post
The modder in me says whack a hole, fool!
disturbed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Sep 2009, 09:34   #127
MrBean
Supermodder

Ah, no worries, Mate, will keep you guys posted - there's a fair bit to do to have it finish up the way I would like it, especially wrt piping, which will change altogether

Chat laters.
Old 8th Sep 2009, 11:56   #128
MrBean
Supermodder

Heya Guys,
Tweaking the system a little - a wise man once said no project log is ever complete

Well, I just got a very decent GFX card waterblock from a Mate second hand (thanx Stelios), but in very good condition - it is a Watercool Heatkiller 4870X2 LT. To be honest, I am not to mad about this full-cover waterblocks for such big cards, as there are obvious compromises, but let's not get into that for now. It is a very sexy block, and will very much simplify my gfx waterloop, and help me cut down on a few of those BitsPower fittings I have used in this loop - the fewer, the better (less flow-resistance)

Here's a link to the Heatkiller 4870X2 LT

I will need to get new thermal tape of appropriate thickness, as there's supposed to be 2 different ones used with this block - and will probably fit this on the weekend. Pics will follow, and hopefully I can "rewire" the loop to be more pleasing to the eye. Let's see how it turns out, will keep you posted.
Old 8th Sep 2009, 14:31   #129
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Lucky you , those HeatKiller blocks area awesome.
Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Sep 2009, 11:46   #130
MrBean
Supermodder

And pretty crap to fit.

Will tackle this on the weekend
Old 11th Sep 2009, 16:27   #131
coolamasta
Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.
NICE

Great work and WC tube routing!

My Main Rigs:~ H2O'd i7 3770K @ 4.5 - 16GB - H2O'd GTX 670 | Asus Z9PE-W8, EP-Xeon 2670 @ 3.2 - 16GB
| ~~~ My Current Dual EP-Xeon 2670 Project ~~~ | ~~~ My Mitsubishi Evo Track Car Project ~~~ |
coolamasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Sep 2009, 20:19   #132
Prime
Multimodder

Prime has yet to learn the way of the DremelPrime has yet to learn the way of the DremelPrime has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBean View Post
Hello Guys,
@ Prime: It's been a while!! Jeesh, how many years :flowers: Good to see you here.
a few The last build I remember involved a Qpack and water, i think

enjoy the block
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Sep 2009, 00:07   #133
ParanoidSWE
Android-x86 User/Modder

ParanoidSWE has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
MrBean if you have a way of getting the product number i can look at work (I work at HP Printer support now) if i can find some product numbers of the things you need.
Old 18th Sep 2009, 13:09   #134
MrBean
Supermodder

@ Paranoid: Thanx very much for your kind offer, Mate - let me see if I can get it from one of my contacts - would you mind giving me a few days, please?

I would appreciate, and if nothing comes of it, still a big thanx for your kind offer though :flowers:
Old 18th Sep 2009, 16:00   #135
ParanoidSWE
Android-x86 User/Modder

ParanoidSWE has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBean View Post
@ Paranoid: Thanx very much for your kind offer, Mate - let me see if I can get it from one of my contacts - would you mind giving me a few days, please?

I would appreciate, and if nothing comes of it, still a big thanx for your kind offer though :flowers:
Sure thing.. it is about to help where you can... And i might as well use the tools i have to help your mod if i can..
Old 19th Sep 2009, 06:23   #136
MrBean
Supermodder

Thanx Mate, appreciated!
Old 9th Jun 2011, 14:02   #137
MrBean
Supermodder

Hello Everyone,
So much has happened since my last update.

@ Burnout21: A good friend in the USA CNC'ed me a high-quality front-panel, as per my Acad drawing a page or so back.....pics to follow in the next update.

Well, finally, I have found the ideal reservoir for this case, the just-released Koolance RP-401X2.

It will fit in my single 5.25" drivebay, and what's better, I can use my 2x DDC pumps in serial mode, all integrated, for a very nice and compact, but extremely powerful watercooling system. I posted pics of the dual DDC Watercool top some time ago, and I am currently running them in the loop anyway, with quite a few changes since I posted pics last.

I will receive the new bay-res hardware, including new TMS-200 controller, TMS-EB200 Expansion board, and INS-FM18 Flowmeter, mid next week, and mount this all on the weekend.

I opted for the TMS-200, as I have the mCubed T-Balancer bigNG currently, but, to be honest, the (lack of) proper software under Win7-64 is giving me the shits. So, it's gotta go, probably relocating it to the Wife's system.

This HP Blackbird setup has been running watercooled for the past 2 years, so everything is in place, just need to mount this new compact res/pumps combo. Please check back for an update next weekend, you won't be disappointed
Old 9th Jun 2011, 14:51   #138
Mork
Multimodder

Mork has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well with the last post being from 2009, I'd think *something* would have happened to the case, lol!

That being said, I'm looking forward to see how this evolves further and the case is awesome, so keep it up!
Mork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jun 2011, 16:49   #139
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
GHaaaaah! You could have at least dropped us a teaser.
I'm looking forward to this weekend.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2011, 04:12   #140
MrBean
Supermodder

Will post a few updated pics over the weekend, Guys -> I do humbly apologize!

Tags
case mod

View Mode