bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 1st Oct 2008, 15:47   #1
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
ARM preps Common Platform SoC

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/10...platform-soc/1

ARM, in conjunction with Common Platform founders IBM, Chartered Semiconductor, and Samsung, is developing 32- and 28nm based System on Chip devices for the mobile market.

Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Oct 2008, 16:25   #2
bowman
Supermodder

bowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Meh, I'm waiting for the Moorestown devices, hope they'll get form factors and battery life under control.
bowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Oct 2008, 17:13   #3
Narishma
Multimodder

Narishma has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This looks like what they're using in the Pandora handheld.
Narishma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Oct 2008, 19:46   #4
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
looks fantastic. i really hope ARM's architecture stays in the iPhone.

their Cortex series is best in the industry and im sure the new 32nm will beat Intel Atom 2 (or whatever) in every aspect. after all, its "small and elegance" vs "stupidly large and marketing". (reminds us of ATI vs nVidia)
Old 1st Oct 2008, 20:12   #5
Jojii
hardware freak

Jojii has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
isn't nvidia developing a soc as well?
Jojii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Oct 2008, 03:28   #6
iwod
Multimodder

iwod has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yeah i hope ARM get's even more performance with less power.
Way to go.
iwod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Oct 2008, 07:50   #7
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Reported
Old 2nd Oct 2008, 10:05   #8
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I wish i just could upgrade to a new arm processor instead of buying a new pda. Like a mini Z-socket. Just open up your PDA, open ziff socket, take out processor, insert new processor, reboot...

What impresses me is that they are way deeper then Intel or AMD, 32nm and 28nm gate lengths built on high-k metal gate fabrication, its just wow.
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!

Last edited by [USRF]Obiwan; 2nd Oct 2008 at 10:08. Reason: typo
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote