1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Pandora pre-orders go live

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 2 Oct 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

Sometimes I wish I wasn't a student.... it'll be June 09 when I can afford one of these

3. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

That looks like quite possibly the clumsiest handheld device I've ever seen. And it's not like there's a limit on pre-orders (maybe on units that you can expect by some date, but not overall) so "selling out fast" is... completely meaningless.

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I'm going to stick an OS on it, Netbook? PAH They're wayyyy too big

5. Daniel114

Daniel114 What's a Dremel?

Full speed Amiga emulation!!! My God, if it wasn't so ugly I'd be all over this

6. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

Does anyone really use an emulator for more than a month? Apart from good old PC games (full throttle/DOTT/Monkey island) my emu experience has been mostly anticlimactic about revisiting old games!

7. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I don't see whats it with the looks. Your meant to play it, not admire it. Admire women! ;)

8. Daniel114

Daniel114 What's a Dremel?

But I want to be able to play Amiga games for a month on a pretty machine :waah:

9. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Also, does WINE run on this? some classic games could run on this.

10. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

I don't see why people say this is ugly, it looks like a DS with a keyboard instead of a second screen. Yeah its obviously thicker but it doesn't look huge or anything. Looking at the pics on their site it actually looks pretty comfortable to use, the DS lite hurt my hands playing some games cause it was so small (metroid hunters...), so if this is a little wider it would make me happy.

11. hozkinz

hozkinz What's a Dremel?

tbh, this does look interesting, im actually looking into buying one, something ive never done with anything that isnt mainstream before

12. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

shamefully not, this is an arm cpu, not an x86 cpu, it may run dos-box games, if someone ports dos-box....

this console has some nice projects with it, like a minigame portal were you can download minigames.... and other cool stuff.... and i think it rocks major ass, it looks almost like a DS lite, but bigger.

13. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

I wish someone would brew up a graphing calculator emulator that had a better screen resolution and crunching power than anything ti-83 offered.

It's a good platform but TI has grown so lazy with no competition in the graphing calculator market the ti-83 has been around for over 8 years with very little change besides USB and extra memory, yet they charge the same for the early 90's B&W low res screen -_-

big tangent

Tags: Add Tags