bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 13th Oct 2008, 08:06   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Battlestar Galactica Case Mod by Boddaker

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2008...ica-case-mod/1

Even if you're not a fan of the series you'll want to check this out. Not only is Boddaker's attention to detail incredible, but innovations like the DVD mounting really set this mod apart from many others. We've got 12 pages and a couple of hundred photos of this mod for you to spend the rest of your day enjoying!

Old 13th Oct 2008, 08:17   #2
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Lip smackingly awesome! I was expecting to see some Cylon raids going on at the end!

DougEdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Oct 2008, 08:26   #3
clumsy_culhane
No, I'm not actually clumsy :S

clumsy_culhane has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Phhhwwhoa! The attention to detail in the mod is truly gobsmakingly amazing! Loved all the pics and the write up too :-)

|| See some of my photos at my flickr
clumsy_culhane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Oct 2008, 08:42   #4
ChEsTeH
Multimodder

ChEsTeH has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Excellent Work mate - been looking forward to seeing the finished article for a while now. Well done
ChEsTeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Oct 2008, 08:50   #5
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
A fantastic mod, very well executed. One of my all time favorites. Bravo Boddaker, bravo.
Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Oct 2008, 08:53   #6
DuVeL
Minimodder

DuVeL has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
A very nice mod! Why do I want to see the series right now?
A question though, do you have some more info on the 10"ť LCD widescreen monitor?

*Goes off to see Battlestar Galactica...
DuVeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Oct 2008, 09:55   #7
samkiller42
For i AM Cheesecake!!

samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.
Just WOW, simply amazing.
Has quiet possibly won the MOD of the Month contest.

Sam

The Laptop: Dell Vostro 3450, SB i3 2350m, 8GB DDR3, 256GB 830 SSD, Intel 6235 Wifi N/BT 4.0, Dell 5550 3G/GPS
The Server: Phenom 2 x6, 8GB DDR3, 3TB Seagate, 2TB WD Green, 2*1TB Samsung F1
samkiller42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Oct 2008, 11:24   #8
alleyne
Multimodder

alleyne has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm not a big BSG fan at all, but your mod would make me watch it..! Nice work man.
________
Free amateur stream

Last edited by alleyne; 25th Mar 2011 at 23:06.
alleyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Oct 2008, 11:41   #9
Sleepstreamer
I modded christmas!

Sleepstreamer has yet to learn the way of the DremelSleepstreamer has yet to learn the way of the DremelSleepstreamer has yet to learn the way of the DremelSleepstreamer has yet to learn the way of the DremelSleepstreamer has yet to learn the way of the DremelSleepstreamer has yet to learn the way of the DremelSleepstreamer has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Absolutely fantastic! I believe the winner of MoTY 08 has been decided..
"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo 1989
FSP - AC Ryan - Matrix Orbital - ASUS - G.Skill - Nexustek
Sleepstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Oct 2008, 12:47   #10
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Oct 2008, 14:07   #11
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

E.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run Crysis
If sex were a case, this would be it. Bod's the man!
LilyPC V.2 - completed!BIO-A10 - MotM Jul. '12 Nominee Loser!"Movie Sign!" - in progressCheckMate - MotM May '09 Nominee Loser!BluBawx I - MotY '09 Nominee Loser!Lumičre Noire - MotM Apr. '08 Nominee Loser!NOTalis w/ MNPCTech"Building Better Worlds" - MotM Feb. '08 Nominee Loser!
E.E.L. Ambiense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Oct 2008, 14:10   #12
vallas
What's a Dremel?

vallas has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
OMG!!!

NICE MOD!
vallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Oct 2008, 14:14   #13
jokkos
too busy to mod *sigh*

jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
It has been a real blast to follow the creation of this awesome case. Fracking awesome!
Old 13th Oct 2008, 14:28   #14
Kúsař
regular bit-tech reader

Kúsař has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great job!
...details are amazing...
Kúsař is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Oct 2008, 14:45   #15
legoman666
Beat to fit, paint to match.

legoman666 has yet to learn the way of the Dremellegoman666 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
amazing attention to detail.
legoman666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Oct 2008, 17:47   #16
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepstreamer View Post
I agree. Even if he didn't come through with the antigravity.
@Bod - I think your next creation should be a slobber guard for when you take this to shows.
Congratulations in advance for MoTY.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Oct 2008, 18:08   #17
Singularity
Supermodder

Singularity has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Fantastic mod The attention to detail is just awesome! I love how it looks sleek although it's huge. Doesn't seem bulky at all
And I just love the screens and the slot loading DVD drive.
Btw, maybe it's just me, but the keyboard looks like it might cut into your wrists a bit...
Old 13th Oct 2008, 18:24   #18
yeknom
Multimodder

yeknom has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepstreamer View Post
I agree. Even if he didn't come through with the antigravity.
@Bod - I think your next creation should be a slobber guard for when you take this to shows.
Congratulations in advance for MoTY.
Well, maybe Bod will come up with another creation in the next 3 months for MoTY!
yeknom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Oct 2008, 19:33   #19
Boddaker
TRON CAT!

Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.
Thanks a lot everyone for your comments! Special thanks to Rich for putting the article together too. I know how much work it was going through all those pics and trying to make sense of it (heck, even I got confused and forgot to send him the final shots lol!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuVeL
A question though, do you have some more info on the 10"ť LCD widescreen monitor?
I got that 10" LCD (as well as the 2.5" LCD screens) from http://www.millertech.com . They sell all kinds of monitors for any application.

Oh, and about the keyboard, it doesn't cut into my wrist at all. You see, this being my gaming rig, I primarily use just my left hand on the keyboard, so I purposely kept that area on the palm rest clear of holes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by my brother
Is the name "Neptune's Trident" something you came up with? I can't see how a planet and chewing gum are related.
Boddaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Oct 2008, 20:01   #20
Charel
Multimodder

Charel has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You made Engadget

http://www.engadget.com/2008/10/13/b...-and-exciteme/
Charel is offline   Reply With Quote