bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Hardware

Old 21st Oct 2008, 14:01   #1
alecamused
Supermodder

alecamused is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitalecamused is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitalecamused is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitalecamused is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitalecamused is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitalecamused is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitalecamused is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitalecamused is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitalecamused is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitalecamused is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitalecamused is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
hardcore reactor (oil immersion cooing goes mainstream)

maybe some of you are interested ...

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/fea...corepc_reactor
alecamused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Oct 2008, 14:28   #2
Moriquendi
Bit Tech Biker

Moriquendi has yet to learn the way of the DremelMoriquendi has yet to learn the way of the DremelMoriquendi has yet to learn the way of the DremelMoriquendi has yet to learn the way of the DremelMoriquendi has yet to learn the way of the DremelMoriquendi has yet to learn the way of the DremelMoriquendi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm not sure I could call $4000 mainstream.

Moriquendi
Moriquendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Oct 2008, 14:53   #3
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
For an immersion cooled system it is.

Absolutely beautiful design too. It is so elegant I could cry. Moreover shouldn't be that hard to fill the thing with Fluorinert instead of oil. Don't know why they didn't just use some beefy heatsinks for the CPU, NB and GPU instead of blocks, though.
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Oct 2008, 14:59   #4
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I was confused by that also, i presume its just a matter of not over heat one specific area of the bath.
Old 21st Oct 2008, 15:21   #5
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Shouldn't matter --convection should take care of that. Just look at the Armari XPC (a Fluorinert-immersed PC; features in Custom PC and on Hexus).
Old 21st Oct 2008, 15:23   #6
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Convection can only work so quickly though, no? Only other thing I can think of that dumping the pre-cooled oil straight from the rad gives better performance.
Old 21st Oct 2008, 15:34   #7
alecamused
Supermodder

alecamused is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitalecamused is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitalecamused is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitalecamused is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitalecamused is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitalecamused is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitalecamused is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitalecamused is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitalecamused is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitalecamused is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitalecamused is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
i also believe they want to "target" the heat-spots with the rad-cooled oil. i can't think of any other useful explanation.
alecamused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Oct 2008, 15:56   #8
boiled_elephant
I actually like Doom 3.

boiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I adore this concept. I'd rather mod it myself from scratch than buy a premade system though, just for the luxury of choosing hardware. I suspect it'd be cheaper too. Wouldn't look as pretty, mind...
Normally, though, your hobbies are profitless and you spend your youth cramming them
into the pauses between 8-hour shifts of restless tedium, waiting for retirement.
boiled_elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Oct 2008, 16:07   #9
Denis_iii
Ultramodder

Denis_iii has yet to learn the way of the DremelDenis_iii has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
me want, me want now
Denis_iii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Oct 2008, 16:25   #10
bubsterboo
Hypermodder

bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
But is it Silent? Being able to have the Top end system (including multiple high end gfx cards) and stress test it to it's max, While being silent. That would be what impress's me. Above anything else, i think this is the way to achieve that.
Old 21st Oct 2008, 16:29   #11
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

^^^ Love your av. Don't go on holiday much then, do you?

I gather it is pretty quiet. Silent requires a passive-cooled radiator, which I suspect would be the size of a table...
Old 21st Oct 2008, 16:31   #12
barry99705
sudo rm -Rf /

barry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbarry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbarry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbarry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsterboo View Post
But is it Silent? Being able to have the Top end system (including multiple high end gfx cards) and stress test it to it's max, While being silent. That would be what impress's me. Above anything else, i think this is the way to achieve that.
The article said it's not silent, but it's not loud either. There's still a few fans cooling the radiator, and the externally mounted laptop drives. The blocks are to target the hot spots, like alecamused said.
Old 21st Oct 2008, 17:09   #13
Langer
Jesse Lang

Langer has yet to learn the way of the DremelLanger has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
My god, that's very very cool.

I must say, I'd love to build something like that.
Old 21st Oct 2008, 17:37   #14
Fod
what is the cheesecake?

Fod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run Crysis
non-modular hardware?
sad panda.

oh, wait, it's just custom blocks? oh, that's fine; assuming the company is sufficiently large then you'd hope they'd be selling those at a fairly low margin to consumers who are upgrading.
Old 24th Oct 2008, 21:35   #15
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Continued here: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=159303