bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 6th Nov 2008, 10:12   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
THQ lays off 250 staff, posts losses

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/11...posts-losses/1

The economic climate isn't making things much better for publishers like THQ, who have posted increased losses this year.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Nov 2008, 21:52   #2
Red 5
Hypermodder

Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I find it hard to be sympathetic with THQ. I remember when seeing their name associated with a game was a sure sign that it was absolute garbage. Reading through the contents page of Super Play told me which reviews to avoid because they were painful enough to read, never mind playing the games.

Still, they somehow survived and I acknowledge they've come a long way over the years, even though they've taken a recent hit. Of course the newly unemployed is unfortunate.
Red 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Nov 2008, 22:54   #3
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
So basically they're going to dedicate themselves to making samey crap because that's what people buy. Pity, but with both Stalker games they showed that they have a hard time releasing a decent product.
Old 7th Nov 2008, 07:34   #4
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
They didn't release STALKER Clear Sky because they had such a hard time with STALKER, IIRC.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2008, 06:19   #5
Spaceraver
Ultramodder

Spaceraver has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
AFAIK warhammer40K was awesome.. Still play it.
Spaceraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Nov 2008, 10:49   #6
Dreaming
Supermodder

Dreaming has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Need more polish on their games but generally they're good. CoH, anyone?

C2D E6300 @ 2.8 | | Abit IP35 Pro | | 4GB Corsair XMS2 800 | | BFG 9800GT OC 1GB | | Antec NeoHE 550 | | Lian Li PC A05B (with top blowhole mod) | | LG 32LH4000 + Samsung 226BW 22"
Dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote